Chapter 13

Housemate

“I’m hooommmeeeee~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!” You shouted as you open the house door.

“Aah.. Shut up. Just go in, go in!” JaeJoong pushed you in. You looked behind you to take a glance at SeungHyun. He gave you a smile then went inside his house. It was very awkward back in the elevator when the three of you are inside. You just didn’t have the courage or initiative to say anything to him.

 

JaeJoong rummaged his bag to find his cellphone and turn it on. It appeared that there are 10 miscalls, and it is all from YeonHee. JaeJoong pressed the cancel button and placed his phone on the dining table.

“Aren’t you going to call YeonHee and tell her that you are back?” You asked, knowing that it must’ve been Yeonhee.

“I’ll give her a call later.” JaeJoong walked pass by you. As he passed, you smelled something weird and you knew that it comes from JaeJoong.

“JaeJoong! Quickly take shower now! You stink!” You put your hand to cover your nose.

“Like you are not.” JaeJoong hissed. The two of you went inside your own room and took the clothes + towel. Then you two walked towards the bathroom. Seeing each other going towards the same spot, JaeJoong and you sprinted to the bathroom’s door. Obviously, JaeJoong won because the route from his room to the bathroom is closer than yours. You thought that he would gave you his smirk and went inside, but then he asked you to go and take a shower first.

 


On the other hand, Tiffany just finished taking shower. She took out her phone and call YeonHee’s number. She waited a few seconds for YeonHee to pick up the call.

“Hello.” YeonHee finally answered.

“YeonHee? This is Tiffany.” Tiffany said.

“Tiffany? Which Tiffany?”

“JaeJoong’s classmate.”

“Oh.. What’s wrong?”

“Hey, that doesn’t sound nice. I know that JaeJoong must have been talking bad things about me to you and you think that I am bad, but I have something to tell you. Something about JaeJoong.”

“H-Huh? Is he injured or something??” YeonHee started to panic.

“If he’s injured, i wouldn’t be who’s calling you. It will be either his friends like Yunho, or.. maybe… his.. housemate.. Hyosun.” Tiffany chuckled.

Yeonhee sighed hearing your name, moreover she knew that Tiffany is bad and a . She thinks that dealing with her is  just a waste of time,  “I don’t have much time. Just quickly tell me.”

“Are you sure? It’s a pretty long story. About JaeJoong and Hyosun.”

“..What…?” YeonHee sounded upset hearing your name and her boyfriend name together.

“It is not important to me. But maybe it is good information for you on how your boyfriend would betray you.”

“Stop talking nonsense!”

“Nonsense? You want prove? Then meet me in Starbucks today at 3pm. You’ll see.” Tiffany then ended the call, leaving YeonHee feeling suspicious and upset at the same time. ‘I know that something will happen..’ YeonHee sighed.

 

At 3pm, YeonHee walked towards Starbucks where she will meet Tiffany. She actually didn’t want to go but it seems like her feet just move by itself and going to where Tiffany is. Once she entered Starbucks, Tiffany raised her hand and gave her a smirk. YeonHee then took a seat.

“I thought you wouldn’t show up.” Tiffany smiled.

“I would if this is not about him and her.” YeonHee said, “Now show me whatever you wanted to show me.”

“Fine.” Tiffany took out TaeYeon’s camera and show YeonHee the picture from the very start. YeonHee took the camera and look at it one by one. Once she came across the picture of JaeJoong hugging you from the back, her jealousy goes up and she feels pain in her heart. While YeonHee is skimming through the images, Tiffany adds the oil into YeonHee’s flaming anger.

“Oh, they really did get closer and closer. JaeJoong takes really good care of her when she is injured like carrying her in a bridal style. They also played a game, and when JaeJoong lost..”

YeonHee just look at the last few pictures which is the picture of you doing the pocky game with him.

“He has to do the pocky thing with her. Moreover, SeungHyun has to pull her over to prevent them from kissing.”

YeonHee got up from her seat. Tiffany was a bit startled, she looked up at Yeonhee and she saw her eyes turned red.

“Thanks. And I am borrowing this.” YeonHee said. She walked away from Starbucks and going towards JaeJoong’s house. Tiffany smirked as she watched YeonHee leaves.

“Serves you right, Hyosun.”

 

At that time, JaeJoong and you were cooking the dinner. The dinner that you two prepared were not as good as normal, just another ramyun. The two of you just can’t be bothered cooking foods as you two are tired already. When you had the dinner with him, he laughed as he eats.

“Stop it! Your spit is going everywhere!” You said.

“No, I just remembered that day when you cook me ramyun.” JaeJoong said as he tries to stop his laugh. But then you joined the laugh with him. When you asked him to help you wash the dishes, he obeyed you and helped you clean it. When the two of you are done, you set a movie and watch it on the sofa while eating yoghurt. JaeJoong joined you with a bowl of popcorn.


Soon, the two of you heard knocks from the door. You were about to approach it but then JaeJoong told you to stay and let him do it. He thought that it might be SeungHyun, but then he heard the sounds of the door being unlock. What cross his mind is that it is YeonHee, since she has the key. YeonHee then opened the door. YeonHee’s eyes and nose are red, like she was crying.

“YeonHee, what’s wrong?” JaeJoong said.

“YeonHee-unnie!” You waved at her while shoving some popcorn inside your mouth. YeonHee bites her lips when she sees you. JaeJoong then reaches his hand to have a look at her face but then she slapped his hand away.

“YeonHee-ah..” JaeJoong muttered.

“Why didn’t you open the door faster?! Why didn’t you text me? And why didn’t you tell me that you are back??” YeonHee shouted. You slowly got up from the couch and turn off the TV.

“YeonHee, what’s wrong? I was about to open the door for you but then you open it before I could.” JaeJoong gave her a smile, trying to calm her down.

“Oh really? Then what is your reason for not calling me or texting me at all?”

“I am not allowed to bring my phone during the camp and I didn’t have the chance to hide it from the teacher.”

“THEN WHY DON’T YOU CALL ME WHEN YOU’VE ARRIVED!?” YeonHee cried. You grabbed a tissue box and offered it to her but she slapped the box away, and the tissue box drops on the floor. That was the first time for JaeJoong seeing YeonHee acts like that. He unconsciously put his hand in front of you, like he is protecting you.

“YeonHee, why are you like this?” JaeJoong said.

“Now what? You’re protecting her. I know something must be up during the camp.” YeonHee pointed out her finger to him.

“YeonHee.” JaeJoong curled his eyebrows.

“I KNOW IT! I SHOULDN’T HAVE LET HER STAY WITH YOU!” YeonHee took out the camera she took from Tiffany and show you two the pictures. Both of you are shocked.

“YeonHee, this isn’t true. We were playing games at that time-“ You said to her.

“play games? What kind of game is this? No, no.. I shouldn’t blame the idea of the game, but why did you pick her instead of any other boys?” YeonHee glared at JaeJoong.

“They didn’t tell me that I can do it with anyone, like boys.” JaeJoong said.

“Oh.. Right..” YeonHee pretended that she is cool with it. “and right when they told you to do it, you chose her straight away. Nice.” She sounded sarcastic.

“YeonHee, seriously, this really is not what you think.” JaeJoong tried to hold her hands.

“TIFFANY TOLD ME EVERYTHING!” YeonHee shouted again.

“Tiffany? Why would you believe her? You know that she always tell lies.”

“How can you say that she is lying when she could provide me some proves?” YeonHee said. JaeJoong can’t reply her back since he is too confused of what to say to her, it is also his first time dealing with her angry girlfriend.

“I hate you. Let’s break up.” YeonHee said as tears streaming down her cheeks. She then slams the camera on the floor, and the glass on the camera broke into pieces. YeonHee then leaves. JaeJoong didn’t run for her but he just stand there.

“Aren’t you going to-“

“SHUT UP!” JaeJoong shouted and you startled.

“Just- Just leave me alone for a while.” JaeJoong said. He goes into his room and locks it. You pick up the camera on the floor and put it on the dining table. You clean up the mess and then walk outside of the house, trying to leave him alone for a while.

 

Everything is now messed up.