Chapter 10: Second day

Housemate

“The number you have called is inactive at the moment, please try again later.”

Yeonhee got pissed after hearing that for the fifth time. She had been trying to call Jaejoong but he didn't picked it up at all. What she didn't know is that Jaejoong is in a camping, and he forgot to tell YeonHee about it. Yeonhee didn't give up, she tried calling Yunho as well, and his other friends but it is all the same. When she was trying to find otehr contacts to call, she came across your name which is exactly above Jaejoong's name. She dialed you, but again, mailbox. She threw her phone to her bed and sighed.


At the same time, the morning sun shone brightly in your camping area.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!” TaeYeon screamed. Her scream is loud enough to wake you up, as well as everyone even bugs and any other animals.

“What’s wrong?” You rubbed your eyes while getting up from your sleeping bag. Some of the boys got up and ran to the girl’s camp, wondering if anything goes wrong.

“Hyosun…” TaeYeon sobbed. “I think a squirrel comes down from the tree or anywhere and rummaged my bag…”

“S-Squirrel?? H-How? I mean, did you lose anything?” You looked at her bag.

“Camera! The squirrel took my camera!!! Snacks too…!” TaeYeon whined. Everyone was confused on how a squirrel could steal a camera since it might be too heavy for them to carry it.

 

The other rafting group camp was also awake. They just started packing their stuff and get ready to begin their journey with the raft. Tiffany finished her packing earlier than the others. Instead of helping the others to pack up, she took out a camera from her bag. She smiled widely as if she is satisfied. The camera is TaeYeon’s camera but she thought that it is your camera that she stole last night (or morning around 3am?). While she was thinking to report that camera to the teacher as a lost property, she overheard the conversation of the other students near their last night’s campfire.

“Yeah, I kinda think that JaeJoong maybe likes Hyosun.” YooChun said.

“Then what about YeonHee?” TaeYang asked. "Last year he was dying to get her right? And now he already changed his mind?"

“Well I don’t know. YeonHee called me this morning and asked me about him since he turned off his phone. She said that he didn’t send her any message telling her that he is going to go or he’s gonna give his phone to the teacher or anything.”

“You are keeping your phone?” SeungRi asked and YooChun nodded while putting his finger on his mouth to tell them to be quiet about it. After hearing that, Tiffany decided not to give the camera to the teacher for now. She quickly went back to where she was before and quietly checking the content of the camera’s picture. There are more than 30 photos taken, and 5 of them have JaeJoong and you in it. Some are self taken. Tiffany smirked as she sees them but her smirk gone once she saw the picture where SeungHyun staring at JaeJoong and you talking. SeungHyun was accidentally taken, and he was only a small figure at the bottom right corner of the picture. She was partially happy because she thought that SeungHyun might give up a little but once she remembered that SeungHyun is not the type who would give up easily, her smile gone.

“I gotta do something about this.” She mumbled to herself.


The boats from the two groups departed. After the draw and everything, SeungHyun is on the same boat as yours while JaeJoong is on the other boat with EunJi, JunSu, and JiYong. Sometimes during the rafting, the two groups would meet near the currents. Everyone is having fun. TaeYeon would sneakily take pictures of everyone with DaeSung’s camera (she took it by force).

The evening then came right when they reach their 2nd camp area. Again, the two groups splitted. While your group were preparing the dinner, Tiffany quietly went to the camp and tried to find YooChun’s phone to get YeonHee’s number when he is cooking.

In your group, when EunJi and JiYong are cooking, you set the tent with the others. This time the boys and the girls decided to put the tent together so that it would be lot warmer and less scary at night. JaeJoong helped the others to get their bag and put it inside the tent when it is done. When EunJi and TaeYeon saw that, they quickly ran into the tent and safe the best spot for them and you. However, EunJi and Taeyeon are slow runner, they ended up safing  a spot 3rd from the middle of the tent that separate boys and girls. EunJi and you then do rock paper scissors to decide who will sleep next to the boys, and the result is you. Even so, YunHo decided to sleep on the other end as well because he wants to make sure that the girls are safe. When you were inside the tent packing up, SeungHyun got his bag and tried to get the spot where he could sleep next to you and amazingly he got it. JaeJoong seemed to really mind about it. He worried about you and SeungHyun sleeping beside each other. But even if he wanted to go between you two, it’s pretty much impossible now.


When you all have eaten the dinner, the students were not gathering near the fire camp anymore, they are all  laying on their sleeping bed in the tent. So here’s the order: YunHo, EunJi, TaeYeon, YOU, SeungHyun, JiYong, DaeSung, JaeJoong, Junsu.

“Cold?” SeungHyun asked.

“Nope. It’s okay.” You shook your head. You seemed to be a little quieter than normal. You feel a bit uncomfortable with the fact that SeungHyun sleept beside you because you are one of those people who kick around when they sleep, and you don’t want SeungHyun to know this.

However, when all of you are having fun chatting, you heard a sound that is similar to the breathing of an animal, like a boar or something.

“Hey.. Did you hear that?” You asked everyone.

“Hear what?” YunHo looked around.

“Be quiet for a while and listen.” You said. Everyone became quiet and tried to listen to the sound. Once they hear the sound, they are all startled.

“Could it really be a boar..?” EunJi moved closer to Taeyeon. SeungHyun pulled you to him, and YunHo looked outside while trying to find a torch. All of you were scared if it is a real boar, who knows that it can attack you all.

“Hey. Try to be quiet again.” Junsu put his finger on his mouth. Everyone shut the ir mouth and kept quiet. As the sound continues, JunSu crawled closer to the girl’s tent and he stopped near TaeYeon. He uncovered TaeYeon’s mouth that is hidden by the sleeping bag. And it shows that TaeYeon’s mouth is opened and she snored. The snores sounded like a boar’s breathe because it was covered by the sleeping bag. Then everyone laughs out loud.


After an hour, the students decide to go to sleep. Everyone got inside their sleeping bag and close their eyes. As you tucked inside your sleeping bag, you look at SeungHyun, he’s asleep already. It was really fast. You just stared at him and smiled. Then you turned around and go to sleep. Once you turn around, SeungHyun opened his eyes, he hasn’t fall asleep yet.

.

.

.

.