Chapter 8: the bus

Housemate

“Students! Gather around!” A teacher commanded. “Spread out and go to your own activity group!”

TaeYeon and you who were sitting at a bench remain seated since you are already on the right spot. SeungHyun came with his friends, JiYong and DaeSung.

“Hyosun, hi.” He greeted.

“Oh, oppa! Hi~” You greeted him with a smile.

“Hyosun, why don’t you go to school with me today? I was waiting for you.” SeungHyun asked.

“Oh.. Sorry.. I-I went to school with JaeJoong-oppa.” You said to him, feeling guilty. It is not because JaeJoong forced you to but you idn’t think of wanting to go with SeungHyun. You had a good time yesterday with JaeJoong while packing up for the camping and all. SeungHyun then introduced you to JiYong and DaeSung. While the 5 of you are immersed in a conversation, Tiffany is watching from afar. She was standing near the school entrance and look upon your direction with the others, beside the bus. She looked at you with hatred. Slowly, she approached the group.

 

“Yeah, and when JiYong- WHOA!” When SeungHyun was excitedly talking about Jiyong, someone grabbed his neck playfully.

“Oppa~~!!!” Tiffany said as she jumps behind SeungHyun, hugging his neck from behind.

“Tiffany, what are you-“

“What do you mean by ‘what are you’? We are in the same activity group.” She pouted, letting go of her hug. SeungHyun then whispered near her ear,

“Just don’t bring me trouble, you know what exactly I am trying to do here.”

She frowned after hearing what SeungHyun said to her.

“Hi, my name is Tiffany, I am in the same class as them.” Tiffany introduced herself to you with that beautiful smile on her face. You responded to her introduction by shaking hands with her.

“I am SeungHyun’s-“ SeungHyun quickly covered with his hand. You and TaeYeon gave them a puzzled look, and SeungHyun just smiled at you two. At that time, he remembered to ask you to sit together with him,
“Hyosun, later, do you want to sit toge-“

“Hyosun!!!” JaeJoong ran towards you. You automatically turned around to JaeJoong, forgetting about what SeungHyun was about to ask.

“What took you so long in the toilet?” You asked.

“Boy’s business, you don’t have to know. Hey, I’m hungry, give me your snack.” JaeJoong had his eyes on your bag that is full with snacks.

“Aishh.. Really..” You complained. Without second thought or arguing, you reached for the snacks and gave it to JaeJoong. As SeungHyun watching the two of you, he realized that you guys are getting closer by now. He felt a bit mad, he didn't know whether it is because he got cutoff so many times or because you two are getting closer.

“Hyosun, i forgot to introduce you to this girl.” Taeyeon approached you with a girl beside her. "Her name is EunJi. She's inthe same class as SeungHyun."

“Hi. My name is Hyosun.” You greeted her. EunJi smiled at you and shook your hand.

“Ok, students, now let’s get on the bus!” The teacher said. All the students get into their own bus and start to get going to their destination. Your destination will be in a mountain (obviously).


All of you started to make your way to the bus. You, TaeYeon, EunJi were walking at the very front. Behind you are JaeJoong and his friends while at the very back are Tiffany and SeungHyun with his friends. SeungHyun tried to go and approach you so that he can sit together with you but then Tiffany grabbed his arm so that he won’t.

“Tiffany, why don’t you go with JiYong and DaeSung, I have my own business!” SeungHyun said.

“And i have my own business too. My business is that i have tos it with oppa." She smiled.
"Stop calling me oppa, we're at the same age." SeungHyun tried to let go of Tiffany's arms but shekept on hugging it tightly. He tried to seek help from Jiyong and Daesung by giving them a look. But unfortunately neither Jiyong or Daesung didn't get the message.


When you entered the bus, you take the 2nd seat from the back, and sit near the window. TaeYeon told you that she’s going to sit with EunJi because they were gossiping about something. What can you do when two gossipers meet together, you have no choice but to let them sit together, they sat in front of you. JaeJoong then noticed you are sitting alone and asked, “oi loner, where's your buddy?"

You didn’t give him a straight answer, you raise your head in a way that is telling him to look at the front. JaeJoong looked at TaeYeon and EunJi who is talking together, then look at you again.

“Anyway, it’s okay since I wanted to sit and sleep peacefully. I can even put my bag on the other seat.” You said as you place your bag beside you. JaeJoong stood up from his seat, grabbed his bag and decided to sit next to you. He took your bag and threw you on you then sat down.

“Hey!” You whined when the bag hit you.

“Like I’ll let you have get that freedom.” JaeJoong said as he sticks his tongue out to you. SeungHyun watched the two of you and he mades up his mind to sit behind you and JaeJoong. Of course Tiffany goes along with him, still hugging his arm.

As your eyes catches his figure with Tiffany holding his arm, your smile gone. SeungHyun smiled at you when he passed you and JaeJoong. JaeJoong knew the reason why you aren’t smiling anymore. He knew that you have a secret crush on SeungHyun since that day when you told him that you decided not to move out. Tiffany grabs his arm even tighter when she passed by you.

“Go.” SeungHyun commanded Tiffany to sit near the window. He knew that it’s gonna be hard for him to ask Tiffany to stay away from him. Then he sat beside her, behind JaeJoong. JiYong and DaeSung sit beside SeungHyun, while YunHo and Junsu sit beside JaeJoong. All other students who also went rafting from other groups then board the same bus. The students like: Micky, ChangMin, SeungRi, TaeYang, SooYoung, YuRi, SunYe, SoHee, and YeEun.


Later during the bus trip, DaeSung got up from his seat and went to front while taking out a stuff from his bag, it’s a microphone. He also bring a CD player with a loudspeaker.

“Annyeong Haseyo, DaeSung imnida!!!” He shouted happily, showing his eye smile. All the students in the bus along with the teachers diverted their attention to him.

“Let’s sing!!!” He the radio and start singing. Micky then stepped up and started silly dancing at the front with him. The other students and teachers clapped while singing along. You chuckled at the view and join the clap. At that time, JaeJoong’s head rest on your shoulder, he closed his eyes. It was quite surprising to you.
“Oi, why are you sleeping now?” You asked him.

“I didn’t get enough sleep last night. Just stays still, don’t move.” He yawned, adjusting his head on your shoulder.

“Like I’ll do that.” You shook your shoulder so that he wouldn't rest his head on yours.

“What! I only wanted to sleep!” He looked at you.

“Not now!” You said, and then you look outside the window with your blushing cheek. That was the first time for you to have a guy to rest his head on your shoulder, to be exact your housemate who has a girlfriend.


An hour passed by, now it’s SooYoung's turn to sing. SeungHyun wanted you to sing, so he inserted his finger between your seat and JaeJoong seat to poke you. Tiffany watched what he is doing while taking a sip of her bottled juice.You turn around to see him.

“What’s wrong?” You asked.

“Why aren’t you singing?” SeungHyun asked.

“Why do I have to sing??” You laughed. JaeJoong saw your smile and the smile on his face turns into a frown, Tiffany’s too. JaeJoong got up from his seat and go to the front to go sing to show off but you didn't bother to pay attention. While Tiffany came up with an idea. She grabbed a snack and offered the snack to you from over your seat. She used the chance when the bus is stopping on the traffic light, she pretended that she accidentally drops the snack on you, along with the juice.

“S-Sorry!” Tiffany apologized. 

"I-It's fine.." You quickly tried to wipe off the juice because it's cold. SeungHyun glared at her but she gave him a smirk. JaeJoong grabbed some tissue from people who are sitting at the front and try to rub it on your clothes. But before he did, you slapped his hand, noticing that the part where he wanted to rub is near your .

“What now?!?!” He shouted.

“Give me the tissue!” You said to him while grabbing the tissue from him.

“Ok students, if any of you want to go to the toilet, you can go now.” The teacher announced using DaeSung’s microphones. Almost all of the students get off to go to the toilet, you too. TaeYeon and EunJi accompanied you to the toilet.


While queuing for the toilet, TaeYeon askec you things about SeungHyun and Tiffany.

“Hyosun, what is up with SeungHyun and Tiffany?” TaeYeon asked.

“huh? What do you mean?” You said.

“I don’t know if you notice this, but it seems that Tiffany has some kind of hatred towards you.”

“What?” You responded. Meanwhile Eunji nodded in agreement with Taeyeon.

“I may just know you recently, but I think she does.” EunJi added.

“Why?” You asked.

“Tiffany likes SeungHyun. And somehow maybe something happened that make them even closer now. I am not too sure. But that’s the rumour that has been going on.” EunJi answered.

“Why does she have to hate me? I never do anything wrong to her.”

“Are you stupid?” TaeYeon slapped your head lightly. “Of course, that it is because SeungHyun likes you! Maybe…”

“You say ‘maybe’…” You stared at her in dissappointmet.

“Don’t worry, we come up with a plan to clarify it later during the camp. You just wait!” TaeYeon said.

“Go. It’s your turn!” EunJi patted your shoulder. You then walk inside the toilet and start doing your business.


After you finish, you meet TaeYeon and EunJi outside.

“Aren’t you going to go change your clothes?” TaeYeon asked.

“My other clothes are inside the bus’ baggage, it’s too troublesome to take it.” You said.

“Hyosun” SeungHyun called you. He took off his hoody and gave it to you. “Wear this.”

“Huh?” You responded.

“Just take it and wear it.” He said. You are still confused and you didn’t take the clothes. SeungHyun sighed and decided to put it on you.

“B-But why? You gonna be cold.” You said while you are trying to put on the hoody on you.

“Don’t worry, I’m wearing 5 layers of clothing.” He said. SeungHyun walked back into the bus and take a seat. TaeYeon, EunJi, and you could only stared at him.

“That was cool enough.” EunJi said.

“Seems appropriate, but doesn’t seem too appropriate at the same time..” TaeYeon said.

“Huh? What? I don’t get it..?” You look at TaeYeon. TaeYeon and EunJi ignore you and grab your hand while walking back to the bus.


When you are about to sit again, you saw JaeJoong falling asleep peacefully. You quietly move to your seat and take a sit. Then seeing his head falling to the road, you move his head so that it will rest on your shoulder. The bus then continues to move to the destination.

.

.

.

.