CHAPTER 2

Our Life After WGM

 

YONGHWA POV

Goodbye, my dear wife. I said to myself as I walked down the street, leaving the building.

“CUT!” The director voice echoed through the empty street.

I sigh. I stare blankly at my shoes, kicking any small stones I can kick. Suddenly tears run down my left cheek.

I look up and see my red car. The reason I can drive now is because of her. The reasons why I take numerous number of driving lessons and tests are all because of her. I want to take her to my home, Busan, to her home and meet her family, take her to college, take her to anywhere a husband should bring his wife to. And take her to my heart…

I sign. “You’re being cheesy again, Yonghwa-ah.” He said to himself.

I shook my head and walk to my car. I unlock the car and get in.

That smell. The smell of her perfume is still lingering in his car. I turn my head to the right, staring at the empty passenger seat next to me. She’s the first woman to ever sit on this seat.

Two bright lights shine in front of my car. I squint my eyes, trying to see what’s in front of me.

“Yonghwa-ah, aren’t you leaving yet?” asked one of the WGM crew in the van.

“Ah, yes. I’m about to leave now,” I said to him.

He wave at me and drive away.

I start the engine and put my hands on the steering-wheel. Something on my left hand distracts me.

The silver ring on my ring finger sparkles brilliantly against the black steering-wheel. I never realize it was this beautiful.

It’s all over, I remind myself again. I hesitantly remove the ring from my finger and save it in my pocket. There, there. No more distraction.

But somehow I feel insecure, incomplete.

“Ugh, what the hell?” I search my pocket and found the ring and put it back into my ring finger. Suddenly, that feeling is gone.

Well, perhaps I need time to adapt my new life without this ring, I said to myself.

I look down and smile. Guess this is what it feels, huh, to be in love?

I press the pedal and head to my dorm.