CHAPTER 6

Our Life After WGM

 

On our way home to our dorm, Taeyeon unnie receives call from Kangta sunbaenim that the assistant director of SM Entertainment needs to meet us in his office immediately.

“I wonder what happened,” Taeyeon unnie asks.

“I think it’s related to our upcoming concert in Japan,” Sunny unnie answers.

“Isn’t the date is already fixed to next month? Don’t tell me there’s any changes again, I’m tired of them keep changing our schedules. Even fans were mad when they cancel the concert last month,” Sooyoung unnie complains.

I just nod. Although the cancelling of the concert last month upsets me, a part of me was happy that I can spend more time with him. Suddenly the thought of him giving me the travel guide book come to me. His cute behavior when he was so embarrassed to give me the book…

“Ugh, enough of him, Seo Joo-Hyun,” I remind myself.

“Who?” Tiffany unnie, who is sitting in front to me, asks.

“No one!” I answer her instantly. Yoonna unnie, who is sitting next to me, smiles mischievously.

The van starts to slow down and finally stops.

“Okay girls, we have arrived,” says the driver.

We all thank him and get out of the van.

“You’re late,” was the first thing he said as we enter his office.

“We apologize. Our recording place was very far from here,” Taeyeon unnie answers carefully.

“Well, straight to our topic.” He began. “It’s about the SMTOWN concert in Japan. “

“See?” whispers Sunny unnie to Sooyoung unnie who are standing in front of me.

“We move it forward to next week.” He continues.

“WHAT?” Sooyoung unnie’s loud voice shocks me.

“You heard me, Sooyoung-ssi. So, prepare to leave at the end of the week,” says Park sunbaenim.

“Wait, when is the concert again?” Sooyoung unnie asks.

“On Tuesday,” he replies shortly.

“So, we’re leaving on Sunday?” Yoona unnie asks.

Park sunbaenim nods.

How about my backroom interview? I can’t justI look at Yoona unnie. She gives me the same look as I am.

I already told her about the backroom interview and she was so happy that I will be able to see him again.

 

“This is it, Hyun. You now have a chance to confess everything to him!” She exclaimed.

She pulled me into a tight hug. “God definitely heard my prayer!” She said happily.

“Eh?”

She broke the hug and looked at me straight in my eyes.

“That day will change your life forever, Seo Joo-Hyun.”

 

 She turns to Park sunbaenim.

“But, Seohyun-ssi have to do a recording on Monday,” says Yoona.

“Then cancel it.”

“NO!” was the word that came out of my mouth.

They all look at me in shock. Even I’m surprised with the answer I just gave.

“I… I mean,” I begin to stutter. “That day is… is our final recording, so… so they said I must come.” I my upper lip in nervousness.

He walks to his chair and sit down.

“That WGM show, am I right?” He asked calmly.

“Yes,” I answer carefully.

There’s a long silence in the room.

“To be honest, I hate that show,” he begins talking. “It brings a lot of scandal into our company, and we don’t have time to waste on those… rubbish.”

I look up to him. Rubbish?

“It may bring our name down and that is something that is strongly unacceptable.” He pours himself a cup of tea and drinks it.

“Fine. It’s your last recording, right? So do it. The rest will leave on Sunday. Bring one of the members with you to ensure your safety.”

“Yes, sunbaenim,” I nod.

He raises his right hand and does the go-away hand gesture. “Okay, you may go now.”

We all bow to him and I’m about to leave when he calls me.

“Seohyun, I need to talk to you for a minute.”

I swallow hard. What is it this time?

After all unnies leave, I approach his table.

“You know what’s in your contract, right?” He suddenly asks me.

“Pardon?”

What is he trying to tell me?

“No dating until your contract reaches its expiration date. Don’t tell me a meticulous woman like you can even forget that statement.”

I can only stares at him.

“You already know what almost happened to Yoona when she’s in a relationship with Donghae,” says Park sunbaenim calmly.

The thoughts of Yoona unnie that happened last year rushes into my head. Those bitter memories…

“I’m not in a relationship with anyone,” I finally speak up.

“Good.” He leans back and crosses his arms. “You’re a good person, Seohyun. You know you become famous like this because of us. So don’t betray your company.”

His words sent chills all over my body. I decide to stare at the floor. My legs are shaking; I bet even he can see it.

“I’m not trying to scare you or something. It’s just that, promises are not made to be break, am I right?” He asks me.

I look up to meet his eyes and say, “Yes, you’re right.”