CHAPTER 16

Our Life After WGM

“Unnie, I know your intention is good, but this is not helping,” Seohyun responded to Yoona’s confession.

“You think I’m joking?” Yoona asked.

“Of course you are. You’re always joke around to make people happy,” Seohyun answered.

“You think I’m a clown who only knows how to make people laugh?” Yoona said, furious by Seohyun’s reaction. “I care about your happiness, Hyunnie ah.”

“So am I,” Seohyun said, “but maybe loving him isn’t listed under the things that can make me happy. To be with him is so not in my control. I choose this life, which means I choose not to be with him, or anybody.”

“What are you talking about?” Yoona puzzled by her statement. “Being an idol doesn’t mean you can’t date anyone.”

“We are not just an idol. We’re SM artists,” Seohyun replied.

“So? What’s the difference?”

“Look at you, unnie. You can’t even date in the past, remember?“

Yoona suddenly broke into laughter. “So this is all what it’s about?”

“How can you laugh about that? Because of that you can’t have your happiness with Donghae oppa,” Seohyun said coldly.

Yoona flashed a smile. “Let me tell you something. I can’t have that happiness with Donghae oppa because there weren’t any.”

“Huh?”

Yoona cleared before proceeding. “When we’re together, we don’t feel like a couple, you know. The way we looked and talked to each other was totally different from the way you and Yong seobang do. It was just two friends talking about works, not lovers. And we preferred doing things with other people than doing them just between the both of us. And then we realized we’re together because people said we look perfect together, not because we wanted to be together. We didn’t even go on a date!”

Seohyun became speechless by her unnie’s words. “But…  I thought it was because of the contract.“

“The contract? Ah… So this is what Park sunbaenim told you on that day,” Yoona finally realized. “It was a pure coincidence. When he summoned us on that day, we’re no longer an item. But Park sunbaenim and you guys thought we’re still together, that’s why he brought up the contract and the no-freaking-dating rule. Then that night, Donghae oppa decided to break the news to all of you, without knowing about the contract thingy. So sunbaenim thought maybe we took the rule seriously.”

Seohyun sighed. “But still, a contract is still a contract. I can’t break it.”

“Yah, do you even read the contract?” Yoona brought up a question that raised thousands of questions in Seohyun’s head. “I mean, we did sign it, but we never actually read it. Lee Soo Man knew about Donghae oppa and me but he didn’t say anything. The man with the most power in the company didn’t even object us. But that old man-“

“Park sunbaenim,” Seohyun reminded her.

Yeah, whatever. But he- come on. He’s obviously jealous because he’s still single!” Yoona exclaimed.

Seohyun giggled at that statement. “That makes sense, though.”

“That no-freaking-dating-until-you-die rule is probably valid until he’s married,” Yoona said, evoking laughter from the maknae. “But seriously, I don’t think that rule is listed in the contract. Besides, even if it does exist, it’s time to break some rules you know. You’re in your 20s now, it’s time to have some adventure!”

Seohyun smiled at Yoona’s attitude. Her optimism towards everything is what makes her fans and people in general love her.

“And about that Park Shin Hye thingy, it’s all just a misunderstood. I believe there’s an explanation to that,” Yoona said.

“What does Shin Hye unnie have to do with this?” Seohyun asked, confused.

“Eh? Isn’t that why you were crying this morning?” Yoona asked, also confused by her.

“Oh, about that…” Seohyun said slowly, playing with her hair, “I saw him on the television and I got a bit emotional, so…”

“Aish Seo Joohyun, you made me worried for nothing,” Yoona sighed in relieved.

So we were fighting over nothing, Yoona thought, remembering the argument she had with Jungshin and Jonghyun in the car earlier today and when he screamed at Jungshin. Guilt began to take over her. “I should probably call Jonghyun then,” she said to herself as she got up from her seat and went to get water.

Jonghyun?  Seohyun thought. Did she just say Jonghyun?

“So, how about giving a surprise for Yong seobang?” Yoona smirked at her.

“Uhmm…” Seohyun regained her senses, “Do I have to, unnie?” She pouted, making a puppy face.

Yoona cupped her face. “Of course you do! Besides, I’m pretty sure he’s preparing something for you too,” raising her eyebrows, Yoona poked the maknae with her sharp elbow.

Seohyun chuckled. “Alright, I will.”

“That’s my girl!” Yoona exclaimed.

You’re the bomb, Im Yoona! Feeling proud, Yoona gave herself a pat on her shoulder.

Yonghwa already said that he will make tomorrow the most memorable day for both of them. I think he will confess everything.

She remembered what Jonghyun said earlier today and she grinned. Yep, everything is back to normal.