CHAPTER 13

Our Life After WGM

 

“So hyung…” Jungshin said, breaking the silence in the dorm. He was going back and forth across the living room, trying to tie up his hair. He gazed at his brother’s back who was standing motionless in front of the balcony. His arms crossed over his chest.

“Hmm?” was his answer.

“What are you going to do when Yonghwa hyung come back?” He asked.

“’We’ is the right word,” Jonghyun corrected him. He turned and sat on the couch. “How about interrogate him?”

Jungshin startled by his words. “Interrogate him? What are we? CSI or something? You know Yonghwa hyung, he can easily sense something.”

“That’s the only thing we could do.”

“What if he was curious about our sudden questions on Seohyun? What are you, I mean, we going to answer?”

Jonghyun lowered his head, rubbing his forehead. “I don’t know. I really don’t know. We have no other way to settle this except by asking directly from him. I don’t want Seohyun to be in despair just because of this small matter.”

Jungshin stared at Jonghyun for few seconds before he let out a small chuckle. “Seohyun or Yoona?”

Jonghyun raised his head to see Jungshin who was now taking a seat next to him. The smirk on Jungshin’s face intimidated him. He blinked a few times before answering him.

“What?”

Jungshin smirked again knowing the man next to him is getting nervous by his question. “Yoona sunbaenim,” he said, “Did I miss something?”

“Umm… No,” he answered, shaking his head vigorously. “There’s nothing going on between me and Yoona.”

“Oh, really? Good to know that, because she’s my ideal girl,” Jungshin said spontaneously.

He can see Jonghyun eyes widen and his mouth slightly open.

Something’s definitely going on between him and her, Jungshin thought.

The sound of doorknob clicking interrupted his thought.

Jungshin suddenly became panicked. “Hyung, they're home! what are we going to do?”

Jonghyun didn’t seem to hear his words since he’s still glaring at him. Jungshin hits his head, hard.

“Come back to your senses!” Jungshin whispered sharply.

Jonghyun immediately regained his conscience. “Umm… We-we-we-“ he stuttered, “We just stick to the plan.”

“What plan?! We don’t have a plan!” Jungshin shrieked.

“Plan?” Yonghwa appeared, followed by Minhyuk. He put his bag in the shelf and threw his key on the table. “What plan are you talking about?”

“Ah hyung, you’re home,” Jungshin immediately stood up. “I didn’t say plan. I said…” he paused for a while, “Blend! Blend! I said blend!”

“What are you going to blend?” Minhyuk asked, removing his shoes. “We don’t have any fruits in the fridge. Unless you want to blend kimchi.”

Jungshin laughed awkwardly, stealing glances at Jonghyun who was just sitting.

“Anyway, did you watch us on TV this morning?” Minhyuk asked, his eyes sparkled in excitation.

“I did, but he didn’t,” Jungshin said, pointing at Jonghyun.

Jonghyun looked at Jungshin and gave him a ‘you-shouldn’t-say-it’ look. He turned to see Minhyuk and gave him an awkward smile, but was only returned with a glare from the maknae.

“I’m sorry, I was busy composing the new music,” Jonghyun defensed himself.

Minhyuk hissed. “Whatever, I’m going to my room now. I’m so exhausted,” he whined. He stretched his arms up in the air and dragged his backpack to his room.

Jungshin bent and whispered to Jonghyun. “I think it’s better if you talk with him one-on-one.”

 “What?” Jonghyun asked in disbelief.

“I really am nervous right now. I don’t even know what ‘plan’ you were talking about earlier, so it’s best if you approach him by yourself.”

Jungshin patted his shoulder and walked to Minhyuk’s room. A cried from Minhyuk can be heard. “Hyung, can’t you just go and watch TV or something? I want to sleep!” Few seconds later the sound of door closed was heard.

Jonghyun cleared his throat and sat on the couch. He was contemplating whether to ask Yonghwa or not.

Should I ask him? Wait, what was my plan again? Ugh, maybe I should just ask him. Be brave, Yonghwa is just a human, after a-

 “JONGHYUUUN-AA~~” Yonghwa’s wail from the kitchen scared him.

He jolted up from the couch and turned to his brother. “Yes?”

“Didn’t you hear what I said just now? Do you want water?” Yonghwa asked. He was already holding a glass in his hand.

“Sure,” He answered short.

Yonghwa poured water into the glass. He then approached Jonghyun, handed him the drink and sat next to him. Jonghyun carefully took a sip.

“Ah,” Both of them spoke at the same time.

“You go first,” Jonghyun told Yonghwa.

“How’s the song going?”

“It’s going great, just need some fixation at the chorus part and we’re ready to record the demo,” Jonghyun answered, trying to sound casual.

“Hmm...” Yonghwa nodded. “So, what do you want to ask?”

Jonghyun took another nervous sip before meeting eyes with Yonghwa.

“It seemed like you enjoy the script-reading event,” he began slowly.

“Huh? What do you mean?”

Bad start, Jonghyun-aa. Bad start. Jonghyun thought to himself.

“Well, I saw you laughing and giggling with your co-star, so I assume you’re having a good time,” He answered, more careful than before.

“I thought Jungshin said you didn’t watch the broadcast?” Yonghwa asked, raising his eyebrow.

Jonghyun stared blankly into the leader's eyes, trying to come up with a sensible answer.

“Seems like I’m a good actor after all,” Yonghwa suddenly said, a smile spread over his face.

“Eh, what do you mean by that?” Jonghyun asked, curiosity began to take over.

Yonghwa sighed. He leaned back, resting his head on the couch. “That was all just an act. Shin-hye said it’s good to show people that we have a good chemistry together so that people will anticipate our drama more.”

Jonghyun’s jaw dropped after hearing his reason. “That’s it? That’s the reason?”

Yonghwa nodded. “But it seems to work, though. Even you were fooled by it,” he let out a small laugh.

“That is the lamest reason I’ve ever heard,” Jonghyun said. His voice suddenly become serious and his face became stern. “Don’t you even know what both of you did might become controversial?”

“What do you mean controversial?”

“You don’t even think that your action may end up hurting someone,” Jonghyun said, not answering his question.

“Wait, what?” Yonghwa asked, confused. “Why would someone get hurt by something stupid like this? The whole nation knows we are good friends.”

“Well, tell that to Seohyun.”

“Seohyun?”

 

HELLO! ^^ I HAD 2 HOURS FREE TODAY SO I MADE USE OF THAT TIME TO UPDATE MY STORY.  AND I'M SORRY IF MY STORY IS KINDA SLOW IN PROGRESS, I JUST WANT TO MAKE IT AS REAL AS POSSIBLE...

ANYWAY, CAN'T WAIT FOR SBS SUPER CONCERT THIS AUGUST! CNBLUE & SNSD WILL BE ATTENDING AND THERE'S A POSSIBILITY THAT WE CAN HAVE ANOTHER YONGSEO DUET xD OVER 1000 REQUESTS HAS BEEN SENT BY GOGUMAS WORLDWIDE ASKING FOR YONGSEO PERFORMANCE! KEKEKE~

DO LEAVE COMMENTS BELOW, ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE NICE ^^