CHAPTER 10

Our Life After WGM

 

The boys were having their breakfast when suddenly their manager burst into the dorm with a couple of papers in his hand.

"Is Yonghwa here?" He asked.

Yonghwa raised his hand.

“Finally! I have good news for you!” He shrieked in excitement.

What is it? Do I have to do a program show with Seohyun? Are we going to emcee a program together? Or do we have to collaborate in a song? Or perhaps sing together? He immediately got up from his sesat and approached his manager.

“What is it, hyung?” He asked in anticipation.

“You’re given a role in a new drama!”

The boys were excited to hear the news and gave their leader the loudest applause ever.

However, Yonghwa face turned sour. “I’m not in a mood to do a new drama, not yet,” he said solemnly.

“Hey, listen. This is such a good opportunity for you to level up your name with the biggest actors out there,” he tried to persuade him.

“I’m not sure hyung.”

“Even Minhyuk is given a role too,” he added.

Minhyuk who was enjoying his cereal choked up hearing his words.

“That’s impossible, hyung!” Minhyuk yelled.

Jungshin, who was sitting next to Minhyuk covered his ears. “Ya, stop yelling and go to hyung already!”

He ran to his manager and took the paper.

“Woah, you’re telling the truth,” He said, bringing the paper with him to the couch. His eyes still fixed on the paper.

“See how your brother is happy with the role he’s given? You should be thankful. Maybe with your involvement in this drama, he can improve his acting,”

“Hyung, you’re given the main role!” Minhyuk exclaimed. “And, wow, my role is kind of big too!” He gave Yonghwa his eye-smiles.

Yonghwa smiled at him. “Give me some time, okay?” Yonghwa turned to face his manager.

“There’s no time. You should give an answer the latest by...” he paused, “today.”

“What? That’s way too soon! Why didn’t you tell me earlier?”

“I was going to tell you since last week already, but you’re always gone for some unknown personal reasons. At least that’s what the boys told me. So, don’t you even dare to blame me for your own fault,” he answered firmly.

Yonghwa tried to come up with a great comeback, but he can’t because his manager was right. Since he received the last mission, his mind kept on thinking of giving Seohyun the happiest day as his present. He went out early in the morning and went home by midnight, every single day, to find the perfect gift for her…

“Oh, and one more thing,” his manager added, “Park Shin-Hye will be the lead female. So, I think it would be easier for you since you’ve known her before.”

“Wait, is this another musical drama?” Yonghwa asked.

“Apparently it is. So, don’t waste it. This may bring yours and CNBLUE name up to a higher level,” he answered, still with his attempt of persuading.

He handed him the paper in his hand. Yonghwa resisted to accept it, but the glare his manager gave him forced him to. He began reading the context.

“Wait, it says here the script reading will be on Sunday, 27th March 2011. Isn’t that tomorrow?” Yonghwa asked.

“Yes, it is. That's why I nee your answer by today,” the manager answered.

Yonghwa groaned, rubbing his forehead in disbelief.

"I have to leave now, "he patted Yonghwa’s right shoulder and walked to the door. He waved at Jungshin and Jonghyun and disappeared from Yonghwa sight.

Yonghwa turned to see Minhyuk who was attentively reading the context.

Should I accept the role? He thought. If I don’t, then how about Minhyuk? Is he going to be alright since this is his first time having such a big role? His heart clearly said no, but his leadership and responsibility over s said the opposite.

Well, what’s wrong with acting in this drama anyway? It’s not like I’m going to do any kiss scenes or whatsoever.

He suddenly remembered the wedding photoshoot. He still remembered the feeling he got when his lips touched his wife’s forehead. The feeling when her lips touched his cheek, although it’s only for a millisecond. He remembered his wife’s blunt words when the camera was off: “Oppa, your lips were trembling,” and her awkward laugh after saying that out.

She really is an honest woman, he thought, smiling. He looked at the calendar hanging by the wall. Two more days and you’ll be mine, Seo Joo-Hyun. He grinned.

He took out his phone to text his manager. “Fine hyung, for Minhyuk and CNBLUE, I’ll do it,” was his words.