CHAPTER 12

Our Life After WGM

 

It’s been 15 minutes.  Yoona tapped her fingers on the steering wheel impatiently, waiting for a familiar figure to appear from the hallway. But there’s no one. She reached for her phone and called Seohyun. No answer.

“What taking her so long?” Yoona grunted.

She went out of her car, shoving her phone into the back pocket, and walked back to the VIP room. She was shocked to see the door to the room was wide opened. Anxiety began to take over her. She ran to the room, hoping to see her sister but she was nowhere to be found.

She took out her phone and began dialing her number. A familiar song came from the restroom ahead of her. Banmal Song. She rushed to the room and was welcomed by a girl whose face and hair were drenched in wet.

“Why didn’t you answer my call?” Yoona asked furiously.

“Oh, I thought it was manager oppa so I ignored it,” Seohyun answered.

Yoona sighed. “And why are you so wet?”

“I the pipe really quick that the water just splashed to me,” was her response. She sniffed. Her eyes were slightly red in colour.

“Oh my, it seems like you’ll catch cold. Let’s go to my car and warm you up.” Yoona said, wiping the water off her sister’s cheeks.

Seohyun instantly made her way to the door, leaving her sister behind.

 Yoona took Seohyun’s bag which was placed next to the sink. Even her bag was wet. Water was collected in the sink so she removed the drain’s cover. She looked up at the mirror and cleared some of the vapours with her hand.

“Seohyun seems sick. I should stop by later to buy some medicine for her,” She told her reflection.

Then something on the left side of the mirror caught her attention.

‘You fool, why are you mourning for a man who doesn’t even love you? You should’ve listened to your sunbae’ was written on the mirror.

***

“Here, take it,” Yoona handed out the medicine she bought to Seohyun as soon as they reached their dorm. “Change your cloth and take a rest. I have to go somewhere.”

“Where are you going?” She asked.

“I have to settle something. There seems to be a problem about our flight,” Yoona answered. “You don’t need to worry a thing.” She gave her a sweet smile.

Seohyun nodded. Her eyes felt heavy and her body was exhausted.

 “Be careful, unnie,” she said to Yoona and waved at her before Yoona vanished from her sight.

***

“Annyeongha-“ Jungshin was about to greet Yoona when suddenly Yoona yelled at him.

“YA! What did Yong seobang do this time?”  Yoona yelled at him who was just opening the back door of her car.

“Noona, ca-cal-calm down! People might ss-see us,” Jungshin stuttered, surprised by her sudden loud voice. His respect for her immediately changed to fear.

“No one come to Han River in the daylight, Jungshin-ssi. What did he do now?” She asked again.

“What are you talking about?” Jonghyun who was sitting at the passenger seat asked calmly.

“Your brother,” she answered him short.

“As far as I notice, he did nothing wrong. Why?” Jonghyun asked.

Yoona sighed. “Well, I left Seohyun alone for a while in the waiting room and went to my car. I waited and waited and waited but she didn’t come out so I went out to look for her.”

“Wait, what? Did you find her?” Jungshin interjected from behind.

“Yes, I did. In fact, I found something else as well.”

“What is it?” Jonghyun asked in curiosity.

“She wrote something about Yong seobang doesn’t love her and-“

“That’s not true! Our hyung loves her!” Jungshin suddenly blurted out.

“Yes, I know that. That’s why I asked you if Yong seobang did something while he was recording or anything?”

“How do you know that? And he hasn’t been doing any recording until this morning,” Jungshin stated.

“Oh, the script-reading event,” Yoona suddenly remembered.

Jonghyun turned to face Jungshin. “Jungshin-aa, wasn’t the event this morning aired live on television?”

“Ah, you’re right, hyung. It was live on TV. I watched it.”

“Really?” Yoona and Jonghyun asked at the same time.

Jungshin nodded.

Jonghyun immediately took out his phone and browsed for the video on the Internet.

“Here it is!” He said after a while. He set the video on full screen and pressed play.

“Oh yeah, the TV was on when I left her. Maybe she saw this,” Yoona said to the boys. Her heart began to ache knowing that she wasn’t there for Seohyun when she was emotionally tortured.

The girl sitting next to Yonghwa caught Yoona’s attention.

“You never told me Park Shin-Hye is the lead female,” Yoona shifted her attention to Jonghyun.

“You didn’t ask me.”

“I thought this is our first meeting with Yoona noona,” Jungshin said to Jonghyun. His face was in total confusion.

“It’s a long story.”

All the attentions were now on Jonghyun. “Are we going to watch the video or not?”

Yoona and Jungshin continued to watch the video.

“They’re just friends, right?” Yoona asked.

“Yes, noona.”

“What are they giggling at? And why is he grinning like that? And why is she getting closer to him? Oh god, their faces are going to touch!”

“Yoona, calm down. It’s nothing. I know Yonghwa. He won’t do that for nothing.”

She looked at him. His face told her he was right since he knew Yonghwa more than anyone.

“So she was hurt by this,” she sighed. Suddenly she remembered something and smiled. “No wonder she was wet. I once told her if she wants no one to know she’s crying, just immersed her face in the water and cry. “

“And did it work?” Jungshin asked.

“Of course not. We were joking at that time. I can clearly see her red eyes when I spoke to her earlier,” she sighed again. “And I didn’t even do anything to help her.”

Jonghyun patted her shoulder. “Don’t worry. Yonghwa already said that he will make tomorrow the most memorable day for both of them. I think he will confess everything.”

“Yes, noona. He kept on talking about the special day non-stop. Tomorrow everything will go back to normal,” Jungshin said, supporting his brother.

“It’s Seohyun I’m worried about. There’s something going on in her mind that I’m so worried about. I’m afraid she might turn their memorable day into a different kind of memorable day…”

 

The story line is kind of... I don't know what to say T^T School work is slowly killing my ideas~~ Maybe continuing it after my exam ends will help to improve the story... I'll do my best in the next chapters! ^^ Do leave comments below, I need your opinions ^^