CHAPTER 11

Our Life After WGM

 

“Don’t forget to bring your passport with you!” The owner of SM Entertainment, Lee Soo Man, reminded his children again.

“Sunbaenim, the others have arrived in Japan safely,” informed Kangta who just received a phone call from BoA.

“Oh, good to hear that,” he said happily.

It was busy in the VIP room. SNSD, Super Junior, and Kangta, together with their managers, hair stylists, costume designers, and those involved in the SMTOWN concert gathered in such a small room, chit-chatting about everything.

Seohyun tried to read the book she brought with her but she can’t concentrate at all. She closed her books and looked around. Out of nowhere, Kyuhyun suddenly sat next to her.

“Why don’t you come with us to Japan?” He asked straight away.

“I have something important to do tomorrow,” she answered plainly.

“Ah, the interview,” he said. “It would be your last, right?” He asked. Seohyun sensed contentment in his voice.

Seohyun knew he has feelings for her for who knows how long, but she can deal with it since he didn’t make big fuss of it. However, since she started the show with Yonghwa, he continued to bother her and asked about her feelings for him and Yonghwa especially since Seohyun confessed in the show that she never likes anyone before.

And now that he knows the show has reached its end, he kept on insisting Seohyun to give him a chance.

Seohyun wanted to escape from him but she didn’t know how to do it politely. She’s scared that he might get offended and hurt. And that’s the last thing she would ever want to do to the people around her, to hurt them.

Yoona, who was eating a snack, saw the scene between the two of them. She immediately approached them.

“Hi!” Yoona greeted them, forcing herself between Seohyun and Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun refused to move at first, but Yoona forced him to.

“Omo, oppa! Your jeans is so cool! Where did you get it?” She asked, pretending to be interested in something she didn’t even care. She turned to Seohyun and gave her a signal.

Seohyun quickly stood up and walked quickly to her sisters at the other side of the room. She sighed in relief.

 “Unnie, you haven’t zipped your bag,” Seohyun called out to Sunny.

“Oh my, thank you Hyunnie!” Sunny thanked her. “Be careful in the dorm, okay?”

“I will, besides I have Yoona unnie with me,” Seohyun answered.

“That’s why I said, be careful. You know how Yoona can be playful sometimes. Especially when she’s doing her aegyo…” Just by thinking Yoona’s ‘cute’ voice made Sunny shivered.

Seohyun chuckled. “You really hate it, don’t you?”

Sunny grinned. “As if you don’t know it. Anyway, I left goguma snacks in the refrigerator for you.”

“Oh, really?” Her eyes sparkled. “Thank you, unnie!” She gave Sunny a warm hug.

“Okay, we’ll have to go now!” Someone yelled from somewhere in the room.

Everyone rushed out of the room, pulling their luggage with them. Seohyun and Yoona gave a goodbye hug to their sisters and helped carrying their luggage into the elevator.

Once everyone has gone, they returned to the room. The room was now quiet, only the sound from the television filled the room.

“I’m going to miss them,” Yoona said.

“Do you regret staying in Korea with me?” Seohyun asked playfully.

“No, I’m not. Besides, it’s been a while since we both spent time together, just the two of us,” Yoona answered, smiling. “Let’s enjoy it.”

Seohyun smiled back at her and nodded in agreement.

“And thank you for rescuing me from Kyuhyun oppa just now, “ Seohyun said.

“Oh, it’s nothing. It’s part of my job as your sister,” Yoona winked.

“Should we leave now?” Yoona asked, already placing her handbag on her shoulder. She suddenly held out her arm to her sister. Her smile turned to a mischievous grin.

Seohyun straight away knew what she was trying to do. The action Yoona made reminded her of him.

I failed again. Seohyun thought to herself. I want to forget him but I just can’t.

“What are you trying to do, unnie?”

“What? I just want to link arms with you, can’t I?” Yoona said.

“Of course you can. Just don’t do it like that.”

Yoona was taken aback by her words. Her smile faded away. Seohyun used to laugh about it every time I did that. She LOVED it every time I did that

“What is it?” Yoona asked in a serious tone. She stared deep into Seohyun’s eyes.

Seohyun looked at her, confused.

“What happened? What did he tell you yesterday?”

Who is she talking about? Seohyun thought.

“Park sunbaenim. What did he tell you when you were alone with him in the office?”

Seohyun was surprised by Yoona’s words. Did she read my mind or something? She decided to remain silent and stare blankly at the floor.

“Did he threat you or something?”

“That’s enough, unnie. There’s nothing happened, you’re just overthinking,” Seohyun finally answered.

Yoona sighed. “Seo Joo-Hyun, let me tell you one thing. People can tell you to do anything they want you to do, but not how you should feel about something, or someone.”

 “I don’t feel like talking about that right now, unnie. Let’s just go home.”

“You know, the more you denied something, the more it will come back to you,” Yoona told her.

What does that even mean? Seohyun wondered. She pretended not listening to Yoona and packed her books.

“You’re not planning to forget him, are you?” Yoona suddenly asked her.

Again, Seohyun was surprised by her question. Well, who is she to lie to Yoona who can read her thoughts just by looking at her face?

“Let’s just go home, unnie,” Seohyun pleaded. She still packing her things.

“Fine, let’s just go home,” Yoona finally gave up and walked out of the room. “I’ll wait in the car.”

Seohyun quickly shove her stuff into the bag and ran to the door.

“Ah, TV!” She almost forgot to turn off the television. She searched for the remote control and found it on the couch. She was about to press the red button when she saw a familiar figure on the screen. She froze.

You know, the more you denied something, the more it will come back to you. Yoona’s words played back in her head.

The more I tried to forget him, the more he seems to appear around me…

And there he was, the man she’s trying to forget, on the television screen.

“You’ve got to be kidding me.”

***

YOU’RE KIDDING ME? THIS ISN’T FUNNY AT ALL! THERE’S A KISS SCENE?!

Yonghwa can’t believe what he just saw in the script. He kept on flipping the pages and saw another ‘kiss scene’ labeled.

TWICE?!

All the energy he had earlier vanished in a split second. He dropped the paper on the table, losing the courage to continue reading the rest of the script anymore.

“What’s wrong with you?” asked Park Shin-Hye, who was sitting beside him.

“I can’t believe what I read just now,” he answered.

“I know right? The storyline has all of it: comedy, romance and musical. Just like ‘You’re Beautiful’,” she said happily. “This drama is definitely going to be a success!”

“It would be a success if I don’t have to kiss you,” he said to himself.

“What was that again?” She asked.

“Nothing.”

He sighed. He shifted his eyes across the table to see Minhyuk. He was biting his thumb, his eyes scanning the script. Yonghwa can see him smiling behind that thumb of his. He must be liking his role.

Minhyuk looked up and saw Yonghwa staring at him. He gave him a what-is-hyung-staring-at look and Yonghwa smiled. Minhyuk smiled back with his lips and eyes and focus back on his script.

The script. The thought of kissing the girl who he only sees as a friend rushed back into his head. He felt like he’s having nausea and wanted to jump out of the open window and run away, but there were reporters and cameras everywhere.  He knew he needed to protect his image for the sake of his career so he picked up the script and pretended to be reading. His mind started to drift away.

Why can’t the earth revolve faster so that tomorrow comes really quickly? I can’t wait to meet her. I can’t wait to surprise her with the surprises I’ve prepared for her. It’s not that special compare to what I did during the show but still, I hope she will like it.  Yonghwa grinned and blushed just by thinking about something that doesn’t even happen yet. Well, only one girl can do that to me and that’s-

He felt a nudge in his arm. He turned to see Shin-Hye smiling at him. His smile instantly vanished from his face.

“What’s so funny?” Yonghwa asked, not even interested to hear her answer.

“Smile, Yonghwa-aa. We are live on TV right now,” she reminded him.

He flashed a fake smile to her. “Like this?”

She laughed. “Yeah, now laugh,” she added, still flashing her smile.

“Why should I laugh with you?” he asked, still with the fake smile.

“People need to know we have a good chemistry so that they will anticipate our drama more,” she answered. “We’re actors, we can act anytime we want without people knowing it, so laugh with me.”

Yonghwa sighed. Well, what could happen to us anyway if people see us smiling to each other? They may see it as a good friendship relationship, he thought to himself.

So he laughed and smiled with her, but not because Shin-Hye told him to, but because of his anticipation for the upcoming day. Tomorrow will be the most memorable day for both of us.

“Jashik~”

 

HELLO!! XD It's been a while since I updated my story. I'm sorry, it's kinda boring. I totally forget all the amazing ideas I had few weeks ago T_T But today I'm free from school works so I'll be writing new chapter(s).

Anyway, TODAY IS 29TH JUNE!! IT'S YONGSEO DOUBLE BIRTHDAY ^^ GO REWATCH EPISODE 25, 26, & 27 ^^

2 YEARS AGO:

-THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT SKINSHIP WHILE RIDING ON A BUS

-EPIC GIFT: YONG GAVE HYUN A TWO-ROW GOGUMA FIELD AS HER BIRTHDAY GIFT

-YONG GAVE HYUN & HER MOTHER A COUPLE NECKLACE

-HYUN SANG 'LOVE LIGHT' TO YONG

-HYUN GAVE YONG A STORY BOOK THAT SHE MADE OUT OF THEIR STORY

-HYUN GAVE NEW COUPLE RINGS

-YONG CONFESSED THAT THE RAP PART IN 'LOVE LIGHT' WAS WRITTEN WHILE HE WAS THINKING OF HYUN

-AND THE MOST EPIC SCENE: HOLDING HANDS!