CHAPTER 9

Our Life After WGM

 

“Seohyun-aa, wake up,” Yoona said, shaking her body softly. “We’re home.”

Seohyun’s eyes fluttered, the light on top of her was blinding her. With her eyes half-opened, she saw all the seats were already empty.

“Hurry up,” Yoona said, who was already outside the van.

Seohyun rushed out of the van and apologized to the van driver for delaying him. He just nodded in reply.

“Wow, what happened to your eyes?’ Yoona asked. “They’re so red!”

“The light was so bright it hurts my eyes,” Seohyun answered. “Bad light.” She remarked.

Inside, she thanked the light for giving her an excuse of not telling her sister the truth.

Then why is your nose red too? Yoona thought. I was right. She was crying, again.

Yoona sighed. She wanted to question her, but looking at her conditions right now, Yoona decided to keep it.

“Come on, it’s getting cold in here. I don’t want to get sick,” she said, pulling Seohyun into the building.

“Unnie, do you want to go to Japan with me on Tuesday instead of Sunday?” Asked Seohyun.

“My pleasure,” Yoona answered, flashing her smile. “I’ll still go with you even if you don’t ask me.” She stopped in front of the elevator.

 “Aigoo unnie, let’s just take the stair.”

Yoona hesitated at first since she’s too tired after the long day they had, but for her sister, she would do anything.

“But seriously, you were in deep sleep. I called you a few times and you still can’t hear me.” Yoona said, starting a conversation to break the silence between the two of them.

“Oh, really? I’m so sorry, unnie. It’s because the volume was too loud.”

“The loudest volume in Seo Joo-Hyun’s point of view would be 4/10, which is quite low for me.”

“I turned it up to its fullest,” Seohyun stated calmly.

“Well, well, well,” Yoona raised her eyebrows, “What made you did that? What songs were you listening to?” asked Yoona, who was grinning.

“It’s the most beautiful music I’ve ever heard,” Seohyun responded. “I never realize it before until tonight. The moment I heard it, it felt like the entire burden on my shoulders were gone. That angelic voice was like a lullaby to me…”

“So that’s why you fell asleep in the van?” Yoona asked. “It’s a lullaby to you.”

“Maybe,” She murmured. “Too bad I didn’t get to hear it till the end, I fell asleep really quickly,” she added.

Yoona sensed a sound of regret in her tone.

“Hmm… Whose voice was it, anyway?” Yoona suddenly asked.

“Eh?” Seohyun suddenly became nervous. “Umm… uh… it’s a secret.”

‘It’s a secret’? Since when did you keep secret from me, especially stuff related to Yonghwa? Yoona thought. What did Park sunbaenim told her in the office until she become like this?

And Seohyun-aa, I already knew you were listening to your husband…

 

FLASHBACK [YOONA POV]

“I think it’s better if I sit at the front seat. I can’t bear seeing Seohyun in sadness without me doing anything to help her.” I told Tiiffany.

“Okay, I’ll tell you if maknae needs anything,” Tiffany said.

So I climbed up the front seat and put on the seatbelt. “Everyone’s in. Let’s go, oppa.”

All the time, I was keeping myself busy with questions: Did that old man tried to do anything to stops Hyun from having a relationship just like what he did to me? Is that why Hyun suddenly became blue? Or was it because Hyun was given a solo performance that needs skinship? Because the last time she was told to perform with Kyuhyun oppa and hold hands, she was devastated the whole day. Or was it because of-

My phone suddenly vibrated. I took it out of my pocket and saw the name on the screen. I smiled and immediately answered the call.

“Hello~” she answered.

“Hello. Yoona-aa, we’re currently doing a radio broadcast.”

“Oh really? Which station are you on?” I asked in anticipation.

“MBC.”

 I turned to take a glance at Seohyun at the back. Her eyes were closed, with her headphones on. And I can saw something glistening on her cheek. Tears.

“I’m sure she’s listening to you guys right now,” I said. My heart starts to ache seeing her in pain. I sighed.

“Good then. Are you okay?” He asked, definitely heard me sighing awhile ago.

“I’m okay, but she’s not.”

“The same thing happens here. Yonghwa hyung seems to be somewhere else during the interview,” he said.

“I guess we’re in the same position, Jonghyun-aa” I chuckled.

“I was about to say the same thing too!” He admitted. “Ah, Yoona I’m so sorry. I have to leave now, we have to continue the interview.”

“It’s okay.”

“Are you going to listen to me on the radio now?” He playfully asked.

“Fine, I will,” I answered, trying to sound stern but ended up laughing. “Go, CNBLUE hwaiting!”

END OF FLASHBACK

 

Yoona unknowingly smiled. Seohyun who saw this stared in confusion.

“Unnie, why are you smiling?” She asked.

“Nothing,” Yoona answered short.

She doesn’t know it yet. Should I tell her?