CHAPTER 8

Our Life After WGM

 

“And now the leader.”

“Yes, hello everyone and good evening. I’m Jung Yonghwa.”

“We really feel honored to have this hot band in our studio right now,” says Jun proudly.

“Thank you,” says Jungshin, flipping his hair back and forth, trying to get his hair away from his eyes.

I chuckle. I told you already to tie your hair, and now look what’s happening.

“We heard from your manager that there’s a lot of request from other radio stations too, apart from us,” says Jun. “What makes CNBlue members picked this station?”

Minhyuk, Jonghyun and Jungshin, all the three of them have confused look plastered on their faces.

“Other stations?” Minhyuk asks. He turns to me, raising his eyebrows, “We didn’t even-“

Now definitely is my turn to speak. I clear my throat.

“Well, MBC is the first radio station to broadcast our debut song, and we’re very thankful for that. So of course, when manager hyung told us to pick one, we unanimously chose MBC,” I explain in one go.

But what I said is different from what actually happened.

Before manager hyung even brought that topic up I already told him months ago to pick MBC every time we have to go to a radio broadcast. I told the Minhyuk, Jonghyun and Jungshin that we have to go to MBC tonight, and they didn’t even know they had other radio stations as an option. So why MBC? It’s because of a girl name Seo Joo-Hyun.

Hyuun~ are you listening to me right now…

 “Oh really? Wow, we’re really touched by that,” says Jun, placing his left hand over her chest.

“It’s nothing,” I add.

After that question, Minhyuk, Jungshin and Jonghyun do all the work. They cheerfully answered all the questions. I didn’t even know if any of the questions asked was directed to me. All that I can think of is whether she’s listening or not.

My thoughts were interrupted by a sharp pain at my right leg. I look down and see Jonghyun’s left foot coming to attack again.

“What are you doing?” I whisper sharply to him.

“Jung Yonghwa-ssi,” Jun’s voice comes to me.

“Ah, yes?”

“You seem to be wandering off, what are you thinking about?”

Think of a reason, Yonghwa-aa. Think!

“Umm… I was just thinking about our new song,”

“There’s a new song coming?” He asks in anticipation.

“Umm… Yeah. We’re still working on the lyrics, though.”

“We’re sure it’ll be one of the hottest songs when it’s out.”

I just nod. I lean back to the chair. That was close. I look at Jonghyun and give him a thumb up.

“So, back to the question. What is your ideal type of girl?”

That question jolts me to a sitting-straight position. Ideal girl? Her image appears before me.

“For outward appearance, I like a girl who has long hair and clear eyes. And I like a girl who doesn’t lie and who is innocent and honest,” I blurt out.

And then I realize, he was asking for ideal TYPE, not my ideal GIRL. The room suddenly feels hot and I can feel my face getting red, so I lowered my head.

I can clearly hear Jonghyun let out a small laugh and tries to hold it in. I can see Jungshin’s mischievous smile from the side view. And Minhyuk, I can tell that he’s laughing by his eye-smiles although he completely covers his mouth with his hand.

“Yonghwa-ssi, I guess you are lonely because you broke up with Seohyun,” says Jun.

Broke up? Since when did we break up? I try to hide my anger by playing with the papers in front of me.

“So how about dating with other girl in real life?” He continues.

What kind of question is this? We just ended our marriage yesterday!

“So far, I’ve never thought about it,” I say, trying to make it sounds calm.

“Ah, really?”

I just nod.

“Ah, it’s almost 11.30 p.m., we’ll have to end our interview with CNBLUE now.”

“Ah, what a pity. I really enjoy our interview tonight,” says maknae Minhyuk, pouting.

“Aigoo.” I accidentally say it in front of the microphone and, worst, in Hyun’s tone. Fortunately no one in the studio heard it.

“Any last word from CNBLUE members  before we play a song?”

Jonghyun reaches for his microphone and speak up. “Hello, we are CNBLUE. Thank you for listening to us tonight and thank you for those who sent us questions and greetings just now. We’re very touched. And to BOICE, we love you! And once again, thank you~”

“And we want to thank CNBLUE for sacrificing their time to come here. And with that, we end it with a song request from CNBLUE  leader…”

“Huh?”

“Love Light!” The DJ exclaims and starts to play the song.

“Ya, since when did I make a song request?”

“We did it for you, hyung,” Jungshin says proudly. “While you were staring blankly at the table for 20 minutes, we made a request to Jun hyung to play Love Light for you.”

“You guys, really…” I smile.

“We know why you chose MBC even though this is the farthest from our dorm among other radio stations,” says Minhyuk.

“I know our sister-in-law was listening to us,” Jonghyun added.

 

The part where Yong talked about his ideal girl is based on this interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxtRokqNzl0 although I made up some of the scenes :D

Enjoy! ^^