CHAPTER 3

Our Life After WGM

 

She unlocked the door and carefully pushed the door. She was welcomed by a dark room. She looked at the glow-in-the-dark wall clock nailed above the television. 12.37 a.m.

“They all must have been to bed already.” She thought.

She carefully walked across the living, trying not to make any noises and finally reached the door with a small chalk board hanging on it: ‘YOONXHYUN ROOM ^^’. She turned the doorknob and pushed the door.

She saw her sister sleeping heavenly. Her face was lit up by the moonlight shone from the window next to her bed. She’s definitely an angel, she thought.

Seohyun placed down her hot-pink guitar on the table, together with the flower bouquet, and carried the fluffy teddy bear with her to the bed. Lying next to the bear, she stared deep into the bear’s eyes.

“Take care of it. Think of it as Yong husband.” She remembered his words. Her eyes began to get watery.

“I promise I’ll take care of it.” She said, pinching the bear’s nose. “Why are you so cute, eh?” She asked the bear as if it’s alive.

“BecauseI’m a bear~” A deep, husky voice came from the bear. No, it’s actually from behind the bear.

Seohyun lifted the bear and saw Yoona’s face directly in front of her.

“UNNIE! You scared me!” Seohyun shrieked.

Yoona laughed.

“I’m sorry, Hyun. What are you doing, talking to a-“, she suddenly stopped. “Oh my, this is so cute! Where did you get this? Oh, I don’t have to ask, of course it’s from your choding hus-”, and then she stopped again, turning her attention from the bear to her sister.

“Yeah, it’s from him. We spent our savings on the joint account together earlier...” She smiled, reminiscing the moments that just happened few hours ago.

“Today was your last, right?” Yoona carefully asked.

Seohyun just nodded. She got up from her bed and placed the teddy bear next to the guitar.

“These are all from him,” she began talking. “Remember the guitar I told you I always wanted?” She asked Yoona. But before she answer, Seohyun said, “This is the one. I was shocked when he gave it to me. And these flowers? They’re so beautiful. I’ve always wanted a flower, especially from a man I lov-” She choked up and tears began to flow down her cheeks.

Yoona quickly went up to her and hug her.

“Unnie, it hurts.. My heart hurts so much it feels like burning.” She said. “I didn’t know it will hurt this much. If I knew, I won’t fall in love with-“ She sobbed.

“Shhh.. it’s okay. Falling in love is natural, Hyun.” Yoona tried to calm her down.

“What if this is only a one-sided love, unnie?” She asked. “My first love is a one-sided love. How pathetic is that?” She said.

Yoona can’t no longer held her tears. She remembered the day when Seohyun told her, with a big smile plastered on her face, that she’s in love. And now here she was, crying, knowing that she shouldn’t have fallen in love in the first place.

“How do you know he’s not feeling the same way like you do? How do you know he’s not deeply hurt now knowing that today is your last day?” Yoona asked.

“I… I just…” She stuttered.

“See? You shouldn’t have thought about things like this.” She broke the hug and looked at Seohyun. “I’ve watched the program, Hyun, and believe me no matter how much editing is made, there are some things that can’t be hide. Like love. I’ve seen the way he looked at you, and trust me, he feel something too.”

Seohyun stared at her sister.

“Like he said, you should read books on love and not only focus on self-improvement genre.” Yoona added.

Seohyun chuckled. “Unnie..”

“What? It’s true, right? I don’t know why you still stick on that genre, there’s nothing left to be improved In your moral, Hyun.” She said, smiling.

She lightly hit her sister. “Fine, I’ll change it.”

They both chuckled.

“Now, let’s go to sleep. We have schedule tomorrow, remember?” Yoona remind her.

“More like today,” she replied, emphasizing on the ‘today’ part.

"Eh?" Yoona asked in confusion.

Seohyun pointed to the table clock. "It's already 1.00 a.m."

"Oh my! We should go to bed now, Hyun. We have to depart early tomorrow."

"You look funny when you're panic!" Seohyun exclaimed.

Yoona laughed, “Yeah... go wash your face. And take that teddy-Yong with you when you sleep, maybe both of you can meet each other in dream.”

“That’s cheesy, unnie,” Seohyun said, and both of them laughed.