CHAPTER 14

Our Life After WGM

 

Through the sea of colourful balloons, a bunch of beautiful red and white flowers, wrapped perfectly in a green and transparent silk, appeared before my eyes.

“Please accept my heart,” the familiar voice said smoothly.

Just like the way I always dreamt my Prince Charming would propose me, here he was doing the same thing. I can’t hear anything except the sound of my heart beating fast. I can’t see anything around me except this figure in front of me. I admit, he is the most beautiful man I’ve ever seen.

I reached for the flowers. No words came out from my mouth, only a sigh of contentment.

He said something but I can’t hear anything.

“Thank you,” I said to him, expressing my gratitude for the beautiful gift.

He flashed that smile of his to me. That’s it, its official. I am falling for him.

He pointed something inside the flowers.

“There’s also a letter,” he said shyly.

I chuckled at his shyness. I reached for the small card hidden within the flowers with lots of small hearts on it… Wait, a letter?

Suddenly a loud noise came out from nowhere. Seohyun jolted up from her bed to find out her phone was ringing. She immediately picked up her phone.

“Hello?” She answered. Her head hurts so much after the sudden wake.

“Hello, Seohyun-aa?”

“Yes, who is this?” She asked.

“You don’t know me?”

“Your voice sounds familiar, though,” Seohyun bluntly said. She looked at the screen. ‘Manager’. “Oh, oppa! I’m so sorry. My head hurts right now, I can’t even think straight.”

“It’s okay. Go take some pills. Anyway I’m calling to tell you there’s an amendment in your flight departure time. You and Yoona will depart on Monday night.”

“Oh… Wait, what?” Seohyun asked in confusion. She can’t concentrate due to the pain in her head.

“Your flight is changed to Monday night at 10:30 p.m.”

“Why?”

“I don’t know. Park sunbaenim told me to do so. Maybe he wants both of you to do rehearsal,” he said. “Ah, I’m sorry, Seohyun-aa. I have to go now, it’s so busy here. They’re doing rehearsal now. Can’t wait to see you!” and the call was off before she can even say bye.

She lay back down. Her head was still throbbing.

“I really should have put my phone on silent,” She grunted. She changed her phone to silent mode and threw it to the side. Her phone bounced off the bed and fell to the floor.

She sighed. Without even bothering to pick up her phone, she slowly closed her eyes, decided to continue her dream.

“Wait, what was it again?” She tried to remember anything from the dream but not even a single thing came to her head. Anguished, she got out from the bed and walked straight to the kitchen to get herself a pain reliever.

Her stomach grumbled. She swallowed the pill and searched for food in the fridge. The goguma snack Sunny bought for her brought a smile to her face.

“Goguma~”She sang, taking out the snack out of the fridge.

A beep sound came from the main door, followed by the sound of the door swooshed open.

“Oh, you’re up already?” Yoona asked as soon as she saw Seohyun.

“Unnie, come sit here with me,” Seohyun called her, pointing her finger to the chair across the table, directly in front of her.

Yoona placed down her handbag and join her sister.

Seohyun offered her the goguma snack but she refused with, “I already ate,” as her reason. Silence crept in between the two girls. Seohyun decided to initiate the conversation.

“Unnie, you already knew our flight is changed to Monday right?”

Yoona’s eyes widen. “What?”

“Eh? Manager oppa…” Seohyun surprised by her response. “I thought you already knew it since you went to the airport earlier.”

“When did I go to the airport?” Yoona asked.

“That’s what you told me earlier on! You said there were some problems with our flight,” Seohyun said.

Yoona tried to remember what she’d said to Seohyun before but nothing came to her head. All that she cares about right now is nothing but Seohyun and Yonghwa.

“You didn’t go to the airport, weren’t you?” Seohyun asked in suspicious.

“Yes, I didn’t,” Yoona admitted.

“So you lied to me,” Seohyun said slowly. Yoona can see disappointment in her eyes.

Silence broke in again.

“When did manager oppa call you?” Yoona tried to start a conversation again.

“A while ago, while I was sleeping,” she answered gloomily, “he said Park sunbaenim wants us to do the rehearsal.”

Ugh! Park sunbaenim! Why does he have to come between them?  Yoona thought to herself, if we’re leaving tomorrow, then guess I have to initiate ‘the talk’ now.

“So…” Yoona started slowly, “Are you ready for your backroom interview tomorrow?”

Surprised by her sudden and unexpected question, Seohyun answered, “Are we going to talk about that? Because I don’t want to.”

“We are having this conversation now whether you like it or not,” Yoona answered firmly, not wanting to change the subject. She’s not been able to eat since this morning thinking about this matter.

Seohyun was taken aback by her answer, causing her to shift her gaze to the description written on the goguma packet.

“You’ll meet him. Don’t you at least need to prepare something for him?” Yoona asked.

Seohyun pretended not hearing her question. She continued to stuff goguma into her small mouth.

“So you prepare stuff and letters for the studio people but not your husband?”

“He’s not my husband anymore, unnie,” she answered. “And stop saying like he’s my real husband, it’s just for the show,” she added.

“Well, since he is your onscreen-husband, then he still is your husband because your last episode is not broadcasted on television yet. The netizens and your goguma fans are still seeing both of you as a couple.”

Seohyun remained silence. Yoona knew it was wrong to fire her with this kind of questions since Seohyun was still in sadness but she had to.

Yoona slowly extend her arm and lifted Seohyun’s chin up, meeting her watery eyes.

Dear god, forgive me for making this innocent girl cry…

“Just be honest with me this time,” Yoona said, “do you still love him?”

Her question was followed by tears running down Seohyun’s pink cheeks.

“Hyun…” Yoona got up from her seat and approached her sister to give her a tight hug. “You’re in grief over nothing. I should’ve told you earlier about this: Your love is not a one-sided love.”

 

DCATHY.IS.BACK. :D AFTER WRITING THIS STORY I REALISED THAT MY FAVOURITE STORY LINE IS: HEART-BREAKING AT FIRST, THEN FOLLOWED BY A HAPPY ENDING. SO I GUESS I'M GOING TO MAKE THE UPCOMING CHAPTERS MORE SORROWFUL THAN THIS, LOL! 

AND ABOUT THAT DREAM... I JUST EXPERIENCED IT FEW HOURS AGO AND IT'S SO FREAKIN' ANNOYING THAT I CAN'T REMEMBER ANYTHING FROM IT EXCEPT ME RIDING A DRAGON..  

ANYWAYYY~ SORRY IF THIS CHAPTER KINDA BORING. IT'S BEEN A WHILE ALREADY SINCE I WRITE STORIES AND THE STRESS FROM EXAMS IS STILL LINGERING.. ALL IN ALL, HOPE YOU ENJOY! ^^ P.S. YONGSEO ALREADY REACHED THEIR 900 DAYS, KEKEKE~