CHAPTER 1

Our Life After WGM

 

SEOHYUN POV

This is it. Once I enter the lobby, once that door close, I won’t be able to see him again as my husband…

I walk slowly into the lobby, turning my whole body to face him and waved him goodbye. The automatic door slides, faster than the usual.

“Ah, what should I do?” I said, trying to hold my tears from pouring down. My voice echoed.

“It’s okay, just go.” He said calmly.

I turned my body and tried to walk towards the elevator which only few meters ahead of me. However, my feet felt heavier, it feels like they were nailed firmly to the floor.  By then I realized I can’t leave. So I turned around again and saw him standing outside the lobby, still flashing his gorgeous smile.

“I can’t leave...” I said to him again.

“Just go.” He said.

Then suddenly, and involuntarily, my right foot lifted up, bringing my body forward, followed by my left foot.

That’s just it. I can’t leave yet. I walk towards him, the door opened slowly, making me able to see him again clearly. The cold wind hit my face but somehow I feel warm. The closer I get to him, the warmer it gets.

I can’t hold my tears anymore. I reach him, and hug him. If only there’s no stuff in my left arm, I would probably hug him with both my arms. I can feel my tears running down my cheeks. I pat him and rub his back.

This is my first hug with a man, and our first hug.

“Take care.” He said.

I nod and let him go. We high-five each other and hold hands for a very brief of time.

There, that electric-like feeling every time I hold his hand, the feeling that made me sleepless every night, the feeling that always made me looking forward to meet him the next day. But after tonight, I will not be able to feel this feeling again.

I started my pace and walk into the lobby again, and wave him for the very last time. I reach the elevator and stop. I stare at my reflection on the elevator door and see all the stuff in my arm: the most beautiful guitar ever, the cutest teddy bear ever, and the most gorgeous flower bouquet ever. My lips curve into  a weak smile.

“CUT!” I heard the director said.

It’s all for the show, I remind myself. He might not feel anything for me. Tears rolled down my cheeks again. I shut my eyes tight. I shouldn’t have fallen in love with him.