Eventful

Finding Prince Charming
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Reminder: Click the link along the first line of the lyrics for the song. That song has been on repeat since I downloaded it. I love it that is why I used that as part of the story. It also has a meaningful lyrics. 

 

Enjoy.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

Silence.

 

Along with silence was the rapid beating of the heart yet no one dared to speak nor glance.

 

All of the sudden they feel flustered. One would throw a shy gaze when the other isn't looking before looking away with her flushed cheeks while the other was contemplating what to say. Finally Yoona faced Jessica, catching the latter's stolen glance. Jessica flushed deeper.

 

"Why are you shy all of the sudden?" inquired Yoona. It wasn't a teasing question. She was sincerely curious.

 

"N-Nothing."

 

Yoona's gaze fell onto the item Jessica's was holding.

 

"That's my wallet." She looks up at Jessica who was coincidentally staring at her. "D-Did you find out when you saw the photo inside?"

 

Jessica cannot lie so she nodded. She handed it over to Yoona who took it with a sad smile. Jessica caught that.

 

"Why do you seem sad?"

 

"Because the red hair you saw here is long gone."

 

"If you're thinking that maybe I want my memory of that kid ten years ago to remain as it is then you are wrong. Why would I need her now that you're here?"

 

Yoona smirked. It was the smirk Jessica hated at first but has grown to love it.

 

"I didn't think you'd grow up this way."

 

The smirk grew wider. "I can't help it. I grew up beautifully."

 

"Wow. You humor me."

 

"Me too. I did not expect a Princess to have humor. I seriously thought you're boring."

 

Jessica nudged Yoona by the shoulder. "Boring?"

 

Yoona paused for a while. She threw Jessica a suggestive gaze.

 

"But your beauty itself make up for it. I can stare at you everyday. I will never be bored."

 

They roared into a fit of laughter. The awkwardness earlier was completely forgotten but somehow Jessica thought their topic was seriously boring. She gazes over Yoona who was still smiling.

 

"Your eyes are still the same."

 

Yoona's smile slowly fades.

 

"Your eyes always me in... The same thing happened then and now."

 

Yoona slowly looks up. She wanted to ask Jessica this question since the start of their silence but she had no heart to ask it.

 

"Why were you looking for me?"

 

The question didn't surprise Jessica. In fact she has been expecting it.

 

She slowly reached from her pocket to pull out the ring she has been keeping all these years. She slid it onto her finger while proudly showing to Yoona.

 

"Actually... I didn't come searching for you."

 

Seeing the confused look on Yoona made Jessica giggle. She leant forward so their faces would only be inches away.

 

"Didn't you tell me before true love will find me one day?" Her breath softly tickles Yoona's eyelids. 

 

A small smile made its way along Yoona's lips. "You remembered that?"

 

"Our first meeting was pretty much imprinted in my entire being. I can never forget. But you..." Yoona could sense the solemnity laced upon Jessica's words. "That time during the Hwang's party when you saw me... Why did act that way? You acted cold and mean. And then when you got back you seem sad upon seeing me."

 

Yoona took a deep breathe. She gazes up the sky. "Was I that obvious?"

 

"Yes... As Jessica, you only made my first impression of you worst."

 

"In fact I have no reason to act that way. I have disrespected you. If you wish to have me beheaded then go ahead."

 

Jessica couldn't believe her ears at the remark. "Behead? That was like ages ago. Every punishment needs to be processed in court now." She then giggled only to slowly shift into a serious one.

 

"Wow. You have a serious case of split personality. A while ago you were crying, and then you giggled and now you look scary."

 

"That's my charm."

 

"Indeed."

 

They giggled at the awkward atmosphere. Yoona glanced over Jessica who was once again engrossed looking at the sky.

 

"Ever since I have heard that you are to marry, the hopes of seeing see you or much less be in a relationship with you has been ruined. I came to realization. I mean you are a Princess while I'm- like you said- a commoner, much less a girl. We could never be together."

 

Jessica whipped her head towards Yoona who was now opening her heart.

 

"Look at you." Yoona eyed the girl beside her from head to toe. "One look and one could tell that you're a royalty."

 

"Really? You didn't even realize I was Sooyeon with the brown hair and glasses."

 

"Not really. I was just teasing you by calling you four eyes but the truth was despite the glasses, you look the hottest, most beautiful girl on the planet."

 

Jessica kept silent but the smile on her face didn't escape Yoona.

 

"You deserve so much better. That's why I was angry. I was angry at myself for hoping we will be have a chance. I was angry at those guys who are chosen to marry you. I am angry for the lucky guy you'll choose as your husband. I'm angry you won't be mine-"

 

Jessica halted Yoona's rants with a swift kiss. Yoona was surprised judging from her widened eyes but she savoured this moment.

 

Tge kiss merely lasted for three seconds but it felt like eternity for the two. After a while Jessica pulled away with a faint tint of pink on her cheeks mirroring Yoona's. Her lips were pressed together to contain herself.

 

Her eyes caught the necklace Yoona is holding. She slowly took it, letting it dangle in the air. It swayed as the breeze hits it, the stone twinkling under the moonlight.

 

"Are you returning it to me?"

 

But Yoona was still in a deep stupor. Jessica nudged her twice but she didn't react. Only when Jessica pinched her nose did she reacted.

 

"Owww..." Yoona rubbed her nose with a pout. "What was it?"

 

"I was asking you if you'll return my necklace."

 

"No!" Yoona tried grabbing it back but Jessica avoided it. "Hey! You gave it to me therefore it's mine! No return, no exchange."

 

Jessica beamed for the answer satisfied her beyond words. Slowly she leant forward to hang the necklace around Yoona's neck. The latter felt flustered when Jessica was merely inches away from her. Her fingers were grazing Yoona's neck, tickling the girl yet she remained firm. She didn't wanna give away the butterflies in her stomach were in an eratic state, threatening to fly away.

 

"You told me I deserve someone better... But I don't want better. I want you."

 

The sincere bright smile on Jessica's lips made Yoona speechless. She wanted to talk but became mute for she has been entranced by that simple smile but it's not like she's complaining. She can live a life as a mute as long as she'll see this gorgeous smile everyday for the rest of her life.

 

Jessica slowly wrapped and arm around Yoona's neck while her free hand caressed the cheeks.

 

"For years I've been waiting to tell you this, red hair."

 

Yoona scrunched her brows, skeptical over Jessica's words.

 

"I love you red hair." Jessica slowly closed in. Their lips were merely centimeters away. "That's not it... I love you Im Yoona." She closed her eyes and waited for their lips to touch.

 

Damn it! Im Yoona might really live as a mute for the rest of her life.

 

**

 

Jung Soojung paces around her room. She has been wanting to call her sister but she is grounded for three days starting today after King Yunho discovered she was trying to escape the palace. Although her reason was to see her sister, he didn't find it right for her to be awake in the middle of the night just to sneak out. All her gadgets has been taken and she's only allowed to leave the palace for school or if her Princess duty calls.

 

"Boooooring....." She collapses unto her bed.

 

The sun was up yet the breeze was cool. It was a perfect day to go out.

 

"I know! I should ask mom!"

 

Queen Ara has a very kind heart. Soojung didn't waste any time and hurriedly went to seek her mother.

 

"Oh... Helloooo mommy..." She sang in a sweet voice.

 

Ara was in the garden helping Lee Seon Jung, the Dowager Queen, in keeping the plants.

 

"I know what you're gonna say Soojung. No." replied Ara without looking up.

 

The oldest Queen shook her head when she saw her grandchild sulk.

 

"Oh Ara. You should listen first to what Soojung is about to say."

 

"Mother, I'm pretty sure she wishes me to uplift her punishment. I can't. What His Majesty did was right."

 

Soojung hurriedly  squated on level with the Queens. She was facing her mother who was trying hard to look unconcerned.

 

"Mom... I'm not going to ask that. I'm going to wish a simplier one. I promise it's not absurd."

 

Ara, the ever so kind mother, released a long, defeated sigh.

 

"What is it?"

 

Soojung grinned widely. It was a success.

 

**

 

Since it was past lunch, the cafe was a little peaceful.

 

Yoona, who was playing the piano was looking forward for a break after this last song. Ever since they had the piano, they had been receiving a lot of tips. Their profit has increased drastically and they are waiting for the increase of the revenue as well.

 

Actually Taeyeon was planning to hire a singer since she got two musicians: Yonghwa and Yoona. Tiffany could actually play the flute and Yuri the bass. If you look at it carefully, they could already form a band.

 

"That's it!"

 

Customers and staff alike stared at Taeyeon weirdly.

 

"Okay... Guys, gather up. Urgent meeting."

 

Lucky there were only two customers left. The two girls were sitted at the corner feasting upon the Ice Sherbet.

 

"Geez Taeng. You really know how to steal the spotlight."

 

Taeyeon grinned dorkily at her cousin. "I know Yoong. Now! A suddenly idea hits me."

 

"Is it good or bad?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"Yeah. Cause if it's bad then we might be just wasting our time." Yonghwa added.

 

He and his co-chef Sooyoung giggled. They compliment each other.

 

"It is good so don't worry."

 

Taeyeon's confident face intrigued them.

 

"Shoot." said Yuri.

 

The owner rubbed her hands in excitement.

 

"You guys know how some business put up events to increase profit and their customers, right? I was thinking of doing the same."

 

"We earn just fine. In fact we had a huge increase."

 

"I know that Tiffany. But this might be temporary. They might like our gig and our personnel but what if they grow tired of it eventually? I know they won't get tired of food since we always have new things to offer but our rise now won't be permanent."

 

The staff nodded along with her words. Taeyeon is a good entrepreneur and leader.

 

"What we need is the trust of our customers. They need to think this cafe is the perfect place for their dining needs. We need to have patrons who will be will stick with us whether economic crisis strikes, whether it suns or rain or whether there will be a change of staff."

 

The staff looked surprised.

 

"Hey I'm not saying I'll fire someone. I mean some of you would have family as time goes by or maybe some would want to work somewhere else."

 

They sighed in relief.

 

"So what do you have in mind?" Jessica was the first to ask. She was interested a lot.

 

"Let's have a concert!"

 

"EHHH???!"

 

**

 

"EHHH??!!"

 

The noise distracted the two customers. One of them, who was wearing a big pair of shades despite being indoor, took a glimpse. She grinned when she spotted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter