One giant leap into the future

Finding Prince Charming
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I HAVE TO UPDATE FPC NOW AND TRIANGLE BEFORE THE COMPUTER SHOP CLOSES SO PARDON THE ERRORS GUYS! We still don't have our internet connection and I am damn pissed at our service provider!

 

This one is a fluffy chapter, a total opposite of Triangle's angstiness. 

 

ENJOY! XD Ohhhh.... AND HAPPY YOONSIC DAY!

 

****

 

Yoona and Jessica went back to the table after their little talk inside the restroom. Yoona felt relieved after that temporary breather especially with Jessica holding her hand. The woman certainly made her feel better. She felt at ease with Jessica's presence that it made it easier for her to return back to the table without any worries.

 

"You're back. The food is here." Jaehoon beckoned the two to sit down. "Do you want any desserts?"

 

"We're fine dad. Jessica and I will go at the ice cream shop across the hotel. I heard they have a bowl of assorted ice cream, fifteen scoops! Can you believe that? And not to mention toppings of our choice are free!"

 

"Oh goodness, that shop will probably lose profit with Yoona chomping that bowl down in a minute." Jaehoon joked, making Jessica laugh a little too much Yoona's liking.

 

"Why are you laughing Sica? I don't eat that much." Yoona whined cutely, even donning a pout.

 

"Sorry." Jessica pressed her lips together to stop herself from laughing. "But that's what I like about you though."

 

"Yes, I love eating." Yoona admitted. She always like receiving compliments from Jessica. "I'll admit it now."

 

The Im family watched the couple interact. Yoona and Jessica were too lost in their own world. They keep on whispering at each other and then giggling about the silly little things. Yoona's smile shone with Jessica right beside her. Compared to other family dinners, this time Yoona was smiling unbelievably wide that it reminded the Im that Yoona owned this bright smile. They couldn't remember the last time she smiled this wide especially on a family dinner.

 

"By the way Seulong," Yejin tried to break the ice for her two other kids. "This project of yours is really a breakthrough. This is the first in the world right?"

 

"Yes, mom." Seulong answered proudly. "This is the first in the world. Dongguk hospital doctors contributed for this project for almost five years. This was really the fruit of our sweat and hard work."

 

"Will you guys start mass production of that machine?" Jaehoon asked curiously.

 

Seulong shook his head. "No, not yet dad. So far everything right now is a theory. We did animal tests but we haven't done human test. We are still screening the possible candidates. We want the first users to be a success."

 

Jessica nodded as she listened, cutting a piece of her lobster and then giving Yoona a bite. The youngest Im pretended like she wasn't listening but her ears were focused in what her brother was saying.

 

"Didn't you have a lesbian couple as co-researchers? Why not have them as the first human users?" Yejin suggested.

 

"We've thought about that before mom," Seulong shook his head. "But they had an unstable relationship. They keep going on and off. And they weren't ready to have a child yet."

 

"I see."

 

"Candidates undergo lots of tests before they are screened. They undergo blood test, brain test, psychological test, and emotional test. If they are unfit in even one category, they are out of the programs. That coupl failed the psychological test. Apparently for them, even though they say they are ready, there are things holding them back. That's why they failed the test." Seulong explained.

 

"So in other words you need a physically, emotionally, psychologically, and mentally healthy couple." Victoria said, eyeing the couple sitting opposite her. "What about them?"

 

Jessica stopped eating, looking somewhat flustered upon hearing what Victoria has said. Yoona however almost choked with whatever she was eating. She pounded unto her chest, only easing up when Jessica passed her a glass of water.

 

Once Yoona downed her glass, she gave her sister and incredulous look. "What the ?"

 

"What?" Victoria nonchalantly responded. "You guys look like a healthy couple. I was merely stating my observation."

 

"Yeah. But like be part of this program? Are you ing kidding me?"

 

Yejin gave Yoona a disapproving look. "Your sister was merely stating her observation, calm down."

 

"What? Is this their freaking ploy to get on better terms with me?" All of the sudden Yoona was pumped up. "Is everything that easy? Poof, we're on good terms."

 

"Hey, chill." Seulong intervened. "Vicky wasn't implying anything. She was probably just joking around."

 

"Well it didn't look like a joke to me." Yoona barked back.

 

"Fine." Seulong retreated. "But don't you want to have a family in the future? I mean, you've been the reason I accepted this project. Vicky talked me into it."

 

At that statement, Yoona scoffed big time. "And now you're going to act as if you care about me?" She shot up, and threw her napkin on her plate with fury. "Stop pretending you give a damn about me. You freaking want me out of your life right?! And you don't have a say with my relationship with Jessica."

 

With that said, Yoona stormed out of the restaurant. Jessica sat there bewilderedly. She didn't expect Yoona to just explode like that. She thought Yoona was okay, that she can handle it. But then again she can't blame Yoona. The girl was very weak when it came to her issues with her siblings hence her lost of temper isn't something so farfetched.

 

"Ummm... I'll go check on Yoona. Excuse me." Jessica politely bowed to the Ims before following after her girlfriend.

 

Jessica headed to the elevator, impatiently tapping the button hoping to get the fastest ride up. She didn't want Yoona to be alone this time right? However, from the side of her eyes she noticed a familiar back exit the building. Jessica abandoned the thought of going up and followed after Yoona who just walked away.

 

With watchful eyes she maintained her view on Yoona who walked in the ice cream shop they were supposed to visit later. Taking a deep breath, Jessica crossed the road and entered the shop, searching for Yoona.

 

Once she has spotted Yoona sitting at the farthest corner of the shop, Jessica decided to purchase one special order, opting for fifteen scoops alternately of chocolate, mint and strawberry. She chose sprinkles and M&Ms as toppings, knowing perfectly well they are Yoona's favorite. She paid the cashier and asked for two spoons.

 

"Someone ordered special Ice Cream delight?"

 

Yoona looked up and saw Jessica warmly smiling at her. Jessica sat opposite of her, setting the huge bowl of dessert in between them. She laid the spoons right next to it, over the wads of tissues.

 

"I just thought ice cream will make you feel better." Jessica shrugged. "Shall we dig in?"

 

"I'm such a bad person, aren't I?" Yoona mumbled bitterly. "I just lost it in front of my family. I-"

 

"Yoona, you don't need to explain to me. I understand your situation." Jessica reached for Yoona's hand and gave it a squeeze.

 

"No, no." Yoona shook her head. "My heart is filled with so much pain and hatred, Sica. And those emotions often leak and I have no control over it."

 

Jessica pressed her lips into a thin line. "Yoona... I know it's not my business-"

 

"No, it's okay. Go ahead. Tell me."

 

"But I think the reason you feel this way is because you can't find it within yourself the opportunity to forgive your siblings." Jessica rubbed the back of Yoona's hand soothingly with her thumb. "This hatred of yours might ruin you and your relationship with your family. And I don't want that to happen. "

 

Yoona pressed the hand holding hers against her cheek. "I know. I can feel it. I'm starting to lose myself."

 

"You forgive not only because you want to forget but because you also deserve peace." Jessica added with a soft smile. "You have a beautiful heart, Yoona. I believe that whatever you're doing right now is based on your emotion. And to be honest, if I feel awful, I would have acted the same way as you."

 

"You'll do that? Randomly snap?" Yoona finally managed to smile a little. "A Princess can do that?"

 

"Well... Princess or not I'm still human with emotions."

 

Yoona nodded, picking up her spoon timidly and scopping a small piece of the ice cream. "Thanks. Your presence made me feel better."

 

"Of course."

 

"And credit to the ice cream as well."

 

"Ugh. You glutton."

 

 

****

 

 

Seulong and Victoria watched as their father accompany his wife back to their room. Yejin all of the sudden felt sick. It seems like a fever is about to set in right after feeling light headed. The heated exchange between her children has affected her so much. So Jaehoon had to accompany her up in order to let her rest.

 

Seulong and Victoria were left alone in their table. What started as a harmless conversation turned into something so heated. They never knew how much pain they have inflicted upon Yoona.

 

"Did you see that?" Seulong broke the silence between the two. "Yoona just lost it. She just blew up."

 

Victoria grabbed the water goblet and downed it in four gulps. "Yeah, I know. Yoona's so mad."

 

Seulong took a heavy sigh. He beckoned a waiter and asked for a bottle of red wine. "You can't blame her, Vic. We drove her mad. We made her hate us."

 

"That I did, but you, you hated her Seulong. You told her you hate her so much."

 

"Which wasn't true." He countered. "I was drunk and I had no idea what I was saying."

 

Victoria crossed her legs. "I guess me being a made her hate me so much."

 

"Vic! Why do you say something like that?"

 

Victoria chuckled humorlessly. "Why? It's true anyway. I slept with somebody else. I gave into temptation. I ruined Yoona's trust and I ruined my family." She took the freshly served bottle of wine and poured some over her red wine glass. "Changmin left me, the only man I've loved left me."

 

Seulong watched her drink the wine in one go. He poured some wine for himself too. "Stop making yourself feel bad."

 

There was nothing but silence. The both of them took turns in pouring the wine, trying to think of something to say.

 

"So you really accepted the project because of Yoona?" Victoria broke the silence, asking the question Yoona would have love to know the answer.

 

"Come on, Vickie. You know well the answer to that. You're the first person I asked about that. I wanted to know your opinion." Seulong answered dodgingly. "So what do you think? You think she'll be able to forgive me for doing this project?"

 

"Yoona will still feel bad about herself if we continue acting like we don't care about her." Victoria explained. "She hates us because she thinks we hate her. And that's not the truth, Seulong. Do you have any idea how much I've wanted to hug our little sister?"

 

"I know, Vic, but how? How do we make ammends?" Seulong was lost. "Do I just go to her and act like nothing happened? I can't do that. I said things, hurtful things, to Yoona and she will find it hard to forgive me."

 

"And that's the reason why you took this project. You're hoping this present of yours can shave off a few disdain from Yoona." Victoria evidently showed her jealousy. She was jealous that Seulong has the opportunity to be in peace with Yoona but his inability to come up with a way to solve his misunderstanding with their little sister somewhat frustrated Victoria.  "You have the chance, Ong. Don't waste it."

 

"What about you?" Seulong retorted. "Any plans with how you'll reconcile with our little sis?"

 

Victoria shrugged. "To be honest I have no idea. But I am thinking of using the opportunity of Yoona working in Fab Corea as a stepping stone."

 

The sibling exchanged a toast before downing their respective glasses.

 

"Cheers."

 

 

****

 

 

"Come on, mom! Don't tell me Yoona unnie doesn't look good with Sooyeon unnie because heck they look good together!"

 

Soojung said one morning when the Royal Family was having a private French breakfast out in the garden.

 

"Keep your voice down, Soojung." Queen Seon Jung said. "You wouldn't wan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter