I am the Phantom of Your Heart

Finding Prince Charming
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 "Tonight Princess Sooyeon will finally reveal the bachelor of her choice as her husband."

 

"Tonight's event is said to be a masquerade ball so everyone who is to attend is advised to wear their best. Even the media who will cover the event is no exception."

 

"The Palace guards and Police force has joined forces to secure the entire area. There will be about a thousand security; 500 will guard the venue and the other 500 will guard the outside premises. The security outside will round the area every thirty minutes. Jeju Island is under total lock down."

 

"The biggest convention center in Jeju island, which has a capacity of a  thousand people, will be the venue of this historical event. As many of us know it is the place where our previous Crown Princes and Princesses got engaged. It has been a tradition ever since King Yunho's grandfather King Huihoon."

 

"According to the Palace speaker the Royal Family is currently on their way to the island aboard a private jet. The three bachelors and their families are already in the island since this morning."

 

Every channel you can find is reporting about the engagement of Princess Sooyeon. The buzz about this event is every where in Seoul, even the world, and Charmed Cafe isn't an exception. The newly bought LCD TV by Taeyeon had the eyes of the customers fixed on it.

 

Including Yoona.

 

"Noona."

 

Yoona looked to her side and saw her friend Kyungsoo looking at her with a curious gaze.

 

"What's wrong?"

 

"Noona are you alright?"

 

"I am, why?"

 

"You look sad watching the news."

 

Yoona was taken aback at this boy's ability to catch up. She composed herself and smiled.

 

"I'm not. Don't worry too much."

 

He didn't look convinced though. "Do you miss Tiffany noona and Taeyeon noona?"

 

Yoona sighed. Until now she's still processing the fact that Yuri, Taeyeon and Tiffany flew to Jeju to attend Princess Sooyeon's engagement party. Tiffany brought Yuri with her since her father insisted that she introduce her girlfriend, in which the news is still a shock to Yoona by the way, so Yuri ended up as Minister Hwang's guest. Her cousin Taeyeon got an invitation from Sunny. Yoona was offered to come but she rejected it. Last thing she want is to have her heart broken into millions of pieces again after last night.

 

So with the absence of Taeyeon, Yuri and Tiffany, Yoona recruited four guys to help the cafe. They were her juniors back in college- Kyungsoo, Jongdae, Baekhyun and Luhan.

 

"Noona." Jongdae handed the steal case to Yoona containing two bowls of Jajangmyun. "Delivery."

 

Yoona read the address and frowned. "Wait. This place is just two blocks away."

 

"Ah. Do you want me to deliver it instead? It's close and I don't need to ride a bike."

 

Shaking her head Yoona, retrieved the case and tucked the address note inside her pocket.

 

"I'll deliver this. Take care of the place, okay?"

 

Once he nodded, Yoona took her leave. If she busy herself today maybe she can take her mind off the fact her girlfriend Princess Sooyeon is gonna be engaged tonight.

 

Yoona observed her surrounding. The normal busy and congested road was rather quiet and peaceful. The Palace has declared this day a non-working holiday so most are inside their homes or malls. The patrons of charmed cafe didn't fail to visit the cafe though so despite the holiday the cafe is still packed. Another reason as to why the cafe is full are the flower boys who were literally shining.

 

Yoona passed by an ice cream parlor. The people inside were engrossed looking at the LCD TV watching the news about tonight's big event. It was the same story as in the cafe, the attention focused on the TV.

 

Sighing heavily Yoona dragged her feet through the not so crowded path. A few more minutes of walking and she has finally reached the place.

 

"Oh? Why is the place close?" She walked over the place and to her dismay the closed sign was turned over. "I could have sworn this is the place."

 

She cutely scratched the back of head in utter confusion.

 

She decided to search around the place because she find have been wrong but it was the same result.

 

"Oh man! Did they close early? How can they forget the food they ordered? Who is going to pay this now?"

 

Yoona never liked it if someone mess with food. That's actually one of the reason she fought with Tiffany the other time during the break bacause the latter was poking her food mindlessly flirting with Yuri. That was when she wasn't aware yet that her best friends were already an item.

 

"Aish... I could have-"

 

"Are you Im Yoona?"

 

Yoona spun around and saw a man, probably past his twenties, looking squarely at her. He was wearing civilian but his posture reminded him of Seohyun minus the black outfit.

 

"Yes. I am. How'd you know?" Her face then lit up. "Were you the one who ordered Jajangmyun?"

 

Head shakes and she pouted. She honestly thought he was the one of ordered.

 

"Excuse me Sir but do you know this place?" Yoona moved forward to show him the address.

 

Another shake of the head and if he didn't ask for her name earlier she would have thought he was mute.

 

The moment Yoona blinked her eyes four more guys emerged out of nowhere startling her big time.

 

"Oh!" She placed a hand over her racing heart. "Geez what is with you guys appearing out of nowhere- hey!"

 

Two guys suddenly latched onto her arm dragging her toward who knows where. But too bad they picked the wrong person as a victim. Im Yoona is a regional martial arts champion back in Paris.

 

Yoona stepped on the foot of the guy on her right while she elbows the one on her left. The latter staggered backwards when her elbow landed on his nose. He can feel liquid coming out his nose. Touching the area under his nose, red substance is present. He was bleeding.

 

Yoona placed down the metal case. Surprisingly no guys were attacking her. They were mostly trying to calm her down, to contain her but instict got the best of her. It was natural reflex.

 

"Calm down miss." That was the first guy she thought was mute. "You've hurt one of my man."

 

"How can I not? They were dragging me somewhere! I don't even know you guys so you can't expect me to come willingly!"

 

"I understand that ma'am. But if you kindly follow us-"

 

"Why should I follow you? Were you even listening to what I said? I don't know you guys. This can be considered kidnapping you know?"

 

"Will you come if we say this is for Jessica?"

 

Yoona gazed at him fiercely. If looks can kill he would be spilling blood already.

 

"Je-" Damn it! How can he know her weakness? That was like taming a grumpy child with ice cream! "What about her?"

 

He didn't answer. Instead a black limousine appeared out of nowhere and he gracefully pointed at it with his hand.

 

"If you wanna know the answer to that, please go inside."

 

Yoona was flabbergasted. Sure she is dying to know about Jessica but at the same time she cannot possibly trust a random guy, a total stranger!

 

But for Jessica, Yoona is willing to do anything. Including on getting on a car a stranger told her to.

 

The limo's interior is very classy. It gave off a vibe that whoever is inside it will feel very special, a VVIP treatment. Yoona squirmed in her seat, keeping a cautious gaze at the men standing outside.

 

"You'll do anything for Jessica."

 

It wasn't a question. It was a statement. Yoona looked forward in search of the face of whoever said that.

 

"Even getting in a stranger's car, you'll do it for her."

 

Yoona squinted her eyes. Once she got a view of the face, she rubbed her eyes with her fists to make sure she wasn't mistaken. Maybe her mind is playing around with her. But that's not the case.

 

This is ing real!

 

"Oh. My. God."

 

 

****

 

 

Princess Sooyeon sat in front of the mirror staring at her reflection as stylists and beauticians shuffle around. She watch someone curl up her brunette hair into the something they have planned. Her golden wig is forgotten but they assured they will make it look as if her hair right now is a wig. Her white victorian ballgown is hang in the corner with the stylist busy pairing with different shoes and accesories.

 

She brought her gaze back to her reflection.

 

She looked beautiful. She'll be thick skinned, a trait Yoona has rubbed on her, and admit that fact.

 

But she wanted to hear it directly from Yoona's mouth. She want to see Yoona gawking at her in a daze, muttering how beautiful she is, how she is falling in love with her over and again, and that there is no other woman in her heart but Sooyeon and Sooyeon alone.

 

The problem is Yoona isn't around to do that.

 

A dejected sigh escaped her lips.

 

"You look ugly with that look, unnie."

 

Sooyeon glanced to her side where Soojung is. The girl just barged in without any thoughts.

 

"Thank you, Soojung." She replied sarcastically.

 

Soojun examined the room her sister is in. She noticed every individual present inside except her sister is budy doing their thing.

 

"Will you excuse me and my sister for a minute?"

 

Sooyeon heard her sister say that followed by shuffles and the next thing she know she found herself alone with her sister.

 

"You'll thank me later." Soojung sat on the bed that had the view of the dress her sister wil wear. "I did mean what I said earlier though. You look sour with that scowl on your face."

 

"I'll thank you now if you can take me away from here, Soojung." Sooyeon said. Every word was laced with desperation that was evident in her eyes.

 

Soojung sighed. She understand what her sister is feeling right now. As much as she love teasing her sister, she prefer a happy Sooyeon than a sad one. She want to fulfill her sister's wish but unfortunately she can't do that.

 

"I would love to unnie but-"

 

She wasn't able to continue her statement when she noticed the corners of the eyes of Sooyeon started to water.

 

"Unnie!" She quickly grabbed wads of tissue off the nearest tissue box. "You can't cry! You'll ruin your make up!"

 

She gingerly jab the sides of Sooyeon's eyes careful not to ruin her mascara or underline.

 

"I just want to be with Yoona."

 

Soojung was caught by surprise when Sooyeon hugged her by the waist. The girl was down on her seat while Soojung stood still. Soojung hesitated whether to put a hand behind Sooyeon to rub in consolation because she know the moment she do that she will allow her sister to cry.

 

She don't want to see her sister cry that's why she retracted her hand from her back to pat her head instead.

 

The moment was very warm and Soojung didn't want to ruin it by laughing her off. Why? Because Sooyeon was sniffling not so prettily even snots were starting to appear. Soojung, being a good sister as she is no matter how rare that was, wiped her nose.

 

"If Yoona unnie sees you like this it will turn her off."

 

With that subtle implication, Sooyeon quickly regained herself.

 

Soojung watched her sister try to contain her sobs which result to hiccups. Her soft gaze met Sooyeon's sad ones. And it was as if the door to her deepest emotion was opened.

 

Sooyeon was dying inside.

 

 

****

 

 

The hall is filled with distinguished guests. The media is seated at the west side facing front where the Royal Family will be at. Behind them are the civilian guests which had no direct connection to the Royal Family nor the Royal Cabinet. At the middle, the first three tables, was occupied by the three competing families. It wasn't only their sons competing for the title but also the families. In a blink of an eye, under Princess Sooyeon's choice, they will be part of the Royal Family. Behind them were the Royal Cabinet's families and guest. Tiffany and Yuri are seated here along with Minister Hwang and Tiffany's younger brother Sehun.

 

At the east side were the members of the Royal Bloodline. The first bloodlines were at the first row followed by the second blood line in the next row then the third and so forth. Taeyeon is seated with Sunny. She just finished talking to her girlfriend's family a while ago. They accepted her as part of the family ever since Sunny introduced her to them given that she has been dating Sunny for more than three years already.

 

She figetted on her chair, discomfort evident with her large red victorian dress. Her red half mask which only covers the eyes bejeweled with silver glitter and white feather is sitting by the table.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter