Parting Ways

Finding Prince Charming
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

D-3

 

Thursday. A regular day for the many including the Charmed Cafe workers but not for Jessica.

 

It has been more than twenty four hours since she has last spoken to Yoona. Their encounter yesterday after telling the news was awkward and full of silence. Every time she try to open to talk to Yoona, the girl has already avoided her.

 

Yesterday night Jessica cried her heart out. She wondered whether Yoona heard her sobs since she's just next door but how can she know the answer to that when Yoona's been avoiding her a lot. Yoona is avoiding her more than she did with Tiffany and it somewhat intensified her 'Tiffany Complex'.

 

Speaking of the girl behind her tears last night, Yoona went out the kitchen with a delivery case looking as terrible as Jessica. Judging from the bags under her eyes it looks like she didn't get any sleep last night. Did she hear Jessica's sobs? Was she thinking of an apology or maybe she's thinking about breaking up with her?

 

Jessica shake her head. She didn't want that to happen. She take a step to talk to Yoona but a call from Taeyeon made her stop.

 

"Huh?"

 

"Let's talk." Taeyeon beckoned her over to the counter. Jessica gave one last glance at Yoona who's already out of the cafe before going to Taeyeon.

 

"You seem distracted, Princess." Taeyeon flatly stated her observation. "In fact you and Yoona look distracted. Did the two of you get into a fight?"

 

No. Worse. She's probably thinking of breaking up with me. "No. Why did you think that?"

 

Sigh. Taeyeon shrugged her shoulders. "She's been distant to Tiffany lately and now she looks dead. Since the two of you have been close lately do you have any idea why my cousin is down?"

 

If only saying it is so simple then Jessica would have told it even without Taeyeon asking her.

 

"I don't know." Liar. That's how Jessica describe herself right now. She has hurt Yoona and she know that but she couldn't bring herself to admit it because admitting it means that she knows her relationship is in jeopardy.

 

"She's so down that she requested for a leave for the upcoming days."

 

"What?" The question was quicker than Jessica's reflexes. "I mean... Why would she leave?"

 

"I guess she needs to cool down. Her fight with Tiffany has probably drained herself." Taeyeon assumed that Yoona's fight with Tiffany was the reason she is down right now. "Those two are best friends so it's kinda new to see them ignore each other."

 

Jessica could only sigh. Darting her eyes outside the window, the cloudy weather perfectly described her feelings at this moments. Once it rains, the comparison is complete.

 

 

****

 

 

D-2

 

 

Tiffany and Yuri are busy eating their lunch when a very pale Jessica entered the break room.

 

"Jessica... Are you sick?" Yuri asked cautiously.

 

Jessica plopped herself at the couch before lying down with a heavy heart.

 

"Maybe." She answered. Was it love sick? Or maybe the sick feeling at the bottom of her stomach that is thinking about her impending heart break?

 

It has been two days since Yoona avoided her. She was about to confront her when she got home yesterday but to her surprise Yoona wasn't home. Taeyeon said Yoona is staying at her family's residence right now. That news further shrink the hopes of getting back with Yoona.

 

"Yuri and I are going to the amusement park the day after tomorrow. Do you want to come with us?" offered Tiffany. She sincerely want to lift Jessica's mood.

 

"I'll look into it." She forced a smile to tell them she's okay although deep inside she's being torn into pieces.

 

 

****

 

 

D-1

 

 

"Awww.... So Jessica and Seohyun are going home tomorrow?" Sooyoung had this cute pout and puppy eyes while looking into Taeyeon's.

 

"Yeah. Didn't they say that they'll only be here for a month?" answered Taeyeon.

 

Yuri too had this pout. "I can't believe it's been a month already."

 

"Can't you guys extend for another week?" pleaded Tiffany. She's gotten close with Seohyun and Jessica that parting ways is now difficult.

 

"I would love to... In fact I want to stay here." states Jessica sincerely and honestly. "But I need to go back."

 

The room went awfully quiet. It was already closing time when Taeyeon asked everybody to gather around.

 

"I will work hard tomorrow so that I will have no regrets when we leave."

 

"Hyun!" Yonghwa had this wide grin as he raise his hand as if he's a student. "Before you leave tomorrow can I have your number?"

 

Tons of 'oohs' and 'woohoo' filled the air at Yonghwa not so subtle move. Seohyun flushed deep red and the whole gang erupted into laughter.

 

Taeyeon eventually invited everyone for karaoke for good times sake. Although Jessica's body is present with them, her mind and heart is over someone else's.

That night Jessica was feeling empty but she smiled for the first time when Seohyun pulled Yonghwa in for a kiss with the gang falling over at the live show in front of them.

 

Jessica smiled bitterly. "I miss you, Yoong."

 

Just then the spaces beside her were occupied. The next thing she know Yuri and Tiffany are inviting her again for their amusement park date tomorrow.

 

"Should I?" mused Jessica. She saw two heads nodding vehemently and she cannot help but smile at the cuteness. Just when she's about to answer their question, her phone vibrated.

 

Let's meet tomorrow. I'll pick you up at Taeyeon's.

 

It was from Yoona. Finally she received a message but would their meeting tomorrow mean that Yoona's officially ending it? Jessica let another bitter smile but since she's here anyway she should end it in good terms.

 

She faced the two girls awaiting her answer. "I'm sorry. I also have a date tomorrow."

 

 

****

 

D-Day

 

 

It was a perfect Sunday for Yuri and Tiffany. They are on their way to Taeyeon's house to pick Jessica up. They knew the girl declined the offer but they wanted to see her one last time before she leaves.

 

"So you borrowed one of your father's car just so we can go around?" asked Yuri from the driver's seat.

 

"Of course. There is no way I'll take the subway or taxi or bus with my heels." answered Tiffany who is seated at the passenger's busy powdering her face.

 

Yuri smiled warmly at Tiffany. "You're beautiful even without make-up so you don't need to put a thick one."

 

Tiffany's hand hangs in the air at the sudden comment. She dare not face Yuri because her reddened face will be obvious despite not putting any blush on.

 

"T-Thanks."

 

Yuri was too absorbed driving so she didn't hear Tiffany's quivering answer nor see her reddening face. She can already see Taeyeon's small bungalow house and a gray Porshe Boxster parked in front- wait! Porshe?

 

Yuri stepped on the break hard causing Tiffany to jerk forward. She was lucky she was wearing seatbelt or she would have a bruised face.

 

"The Yuri?! I was doing my make up!" Tiffany wiped the side of her lips where the lipstick was smudged.

 

But Yuri is too stunned to respond. Perturbed with her friend's unresponsive state, Tiffany poke her shoulder.

 

"Yuri?"

 

Slowly and nervously, Yuri's arm tremble while pointing up front.

 

"Yoona."

 

"What?"

 

"That's Yoona's car!"

 

Quickly darting her head where Yuri is pointing at the mention of Yoona's name, Tiffany wish she didn't do that. There was Yoona leaning by the car with arms cross standing face to face with Jessica. Yoona had this casual wear- jeans, white blouse top with gray cardigan and chucks- while Jessica had this pink checkered long sleeves, white hot pants, and simple flats.

 

"Wait... So Jessica's date is Yoona?" Yuri is kinda confused right now and it's obvious with her frown.

 

"I-I don't-" Tiffany didn't even get to form her sentence because she's too stunned. It doubled when she saw Yoona stretch a hand which Jessica gladly took. She watch Yoona open the door for Jessica before circling around to get to the driver's seat. "I can't believe this."

 

"Or maybe Yoona just wanted to hang out with her since it's the last day." reasoned Yuri when she saw the change in Tiffany's face.

 

Tiffany mentally berated herself. Why the heck is she affected?! Didn't she want to forget Yoona? Isn't she trying to open up to Yuri? That's the purpose of this date anyway!

 

"Maybe. Come on, let's go now. You have the tickets right?"

 

It was an obvious attempt to dismiss the topic and Yuri saw through that but she didn't push.

 

"Okay. Let's go."

 

On the other hand, the drive on Yoona's car is expectedly silent. Yoona was staring straight ahead while Jessica kept her eyes outside the window. The latter would throw occasionaly glances at Yoona only to look away after a second or so.

 

"Where are we going?" Jessica's cold exterior surfaced to prepare herself from the impending heart break.

 

"We're gonna have fun. It's your last day and I want to make it worth it." Yoona never took her eyes off the road. "When will the palace guards take you home?"

 

"My grandma will pick me up later at ten."

 

Yoona glanced at the digital clock. It's almost six and she barely have four hours to spend with Jessica.

 

"Let's go back to the place where it all started."

 

Jessica wondered what that meant yet she didn't ask. She got her answer once they reached their destination. They are at the same park where they had their first kiss, indeed the place where it all started.

 

Jessica takes a deep breath as she waits for Yoona to open the door.

 

"This is it Jessica. Before she can end it, you do it first." She mentally repeated to herself. "You can do this."

 

Once she heard the door click open, she steps out and wears her cold facade.

 

"Yoona, let's talk-"

 

A bouquet of lilies of different types with a dash of lavenders was presented to her, cutting her sentence.

 

"Yellow lily for playfulness, white for purity, red for love and pink for joy; the qualities of these lilies make one Yoona while the lavender symbolizes royalty make one Jessica. All together it's a perfect match, a perfect match just like you and me."

 

Jessica was too stunned for her to process anything. Earlier she thought everything is about to end but here Yoona was with flowers in hand and her ever so annoying yet cheesy lines.

 

"Yah!" Tears run down her cheeks as relief overwhelmed her. "I hate you!"

 

Yoona didn't do anything when Jessica started hitting her chest except protect the flowers by hiding it behind her. She deserved that. She knew she's been an for the past three days. Once the hitting died down, Yoona once again presented the flower with an apologetic smile.

 

"I knew I've been an . You were probably worried, mad, sad but I deserve all that. Here... I had a hard time researching for these flowers. Some aren't sold here in Korea so I had to order overseas."

 

She wiped away her tears with her thumb, flashing Jessica a very charming smile. Jessica took the flowers from Yoona, unwittingly smelling it until a smile appeared, obviously happy with it.

 

The reason why Yoona had to be away was to prepare for this night. She heard Jessica's sobs three nights ago and it pained her so much that's why the next day she promised herself she'll make this night memorable. Their parting later won't mean goodbye but rather a see-you-later kind of thing.

 

"I seriously thought we're over." she admitted with a sad smile. Gazing up Yoona's apologetic one's, she cupped her cheek. "I really thought-"

 

"Ssshhh..." Yoona placed a finger on her lips. "You can't write me off that easily."

 

"Why didn't you contact me then? Do you know how worried I was?"

 

"I needed time to think."

 

"Think about what?"

 

"Us... This date."

 

Jessica frowned. "You planned this date?"

 

"What? You think I'll let you go back that easily? No way!"

 

Jessica chuckled when Yoona creased her forehead, scrunched her nose and shook her head violently saying no way.

 

"Are you ready to be swept off your feet tonight?" Yoona offered her hand, mock bowing as if she's some dude asking a girl for a dance at prom.

 

Jessica lifted a brow, obviously impressed. Taking Yoona's hand, she interwove their fingers together.

 

"Maybe."

 

The hard-to-get answer made Yoona smirk. "Let's go Princess."

 

 

****

 

 

Tiffany smiled when Yuri came back with two sticks of cotton candy. She handed one to Tiffany who was more than happy as proof of her smiling eyes.

 

"Thanks Yuwree."

 

Yuri chuckled, earning a confused look from her.

 

"What's so funny?"

 

"Nothing. It's just that whenever you're happy you often mispronounce my name as Yuwree." She mimicked the same tone Tiffany did earlier.

 

Tiffany, who had no slightest idea about that habit, formed her brows into a slit. "How did you know that?"

 

"I know a lot about you Tiff. You're not that difficult to read. You're like an open book." Yuri raised her candy, beamed before popping a piece, completely oblivious of Tiffany's stare.

 

Tiffany couldn't help but wonder just how much Yuri look out for her. She knew things even Tiffany herself didn't realize.

 

"Where do you wanna go next?"

 

Tiffany cackled out loud upon seeing a mustache made of cotton sitting on Yuri's philtrum.

 

"Any place would do." She answered after recovering. Yuri was about to open to suggest a place but the mischievousness in her eyes made Tiffany guess her plan and so she cut her off. "Except the haunted house."

 

"Awww man."

 

Tiffany thinned her lips to prevent herself from smiling at Yuri's cute expression right now.

 

That's right Tiffany. Just keep this up and within no time you'll be over Yoona.

 

 

****

 

 

What was the first place Yoona and Jessica visited the last time they were here? If Yoona remembered correctly it was the roller coaster. She can't forget Jessica's wide smile the moment they finish the ride. It was her first time riding a coaster therefore she was really happy about it.

 

They took the first row seats per Jessica's wish. She wanted this ride to be thrilling and full of adrenaline, she wanted to see the scenery ahead of her, she wanted to have fun to this very last day of her being a normal citizen, of being four eyes Jessica.

 

"Wooohooo!" She screamed on top of her lungs when they approached a 360 degree turn. She intertwined hands with Yoona and when another turn came up they both raised their arms, flailing it with outmost glee.

 

"JESSICA, I LOVE YOU!" Yoona screamed on top of her lungs.

 

Jessica glanced to her size but Yoona wasn't looking for she was busy proclaiming her love for her. Jessica's chest swelled with pride as her girlfriend shout to the world just how much she love her. She won't stay put though and let Yoona do all the stuff.

 

"IM YOONA, I LOVE YOU!" 

 

Upon hearing that, Yoona faced her with a love struck expression. Their eyes met and it seems that nothing else existed, nothing else mattered but the two of them. The shrieks behind them and the violent moving coaster did nothing to break their gaze.

 

They are in love and the world can't do anything about that.

 

 

****

 

 

"Kyaaa!"

 

Tiffany, who was hiding behind Yuri, buried her face on her back as she release a piercing shriek.

 

"I don't get you." Yuri calmly said. "You're afraid of ghosts and stuff yet you decided to go to a horror house. Are you nuts?"

 

Tiffany scowled, despite Yuri not noticing that, and playfully slapped Yuri's back.

 

"I didn't know it'll be this scary. I thought it's gonna be lame."

 

Funny. That was the exact same reasoning Jessica said the first time she visited the theme park with Yoona.

 

"Just keep your head down and eyes close. I'll get us out of here."

 

She felt a faint nod from behind. Stiffling a giggle at Tiffany's ever so cute antics, she slowly took small steps towards the exit, ignoring the popping fake ghosts despite being scared a little.

 

"Here. We are out." states Yuri the moment they exited the house full of Tiffany's fears. She creased her brows when Tiffany's isn't letting go. "Tiffany? Are you okay?"

 

"Just let me hug you for a while, Yuri-ah."

 

Unexpectedly Tiffany find Yuri's warmth very comforting. She didn't realize this before because all she can think about is Yoona. How come she never paid attention to this kind of warmth Yuri had which is completely different compared to Yoona's hot and cold one?

 

Yuri had to prevent herself from blushing like a fully ripe apple. Tiffany's hug was making her stomach do things which were impossible like somersaults and flips. And again that silly love struck grin appears, Yuri again finds herself falling in love with Tiffany all over again.

 

She placed her hands on top the hand

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter