Baby you're all that I want

Finding Prince Charming
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Before anything else I want to greet each and every one of you a belated Merry Christmas and a Happy New year! <3

 

I am very much happy that you have stayed with me and this story for the year 2013. I had a year full of love thanks to my readers who are always supporting me. And since it's Christmas please be generous and kind. Leave comments and keep voting. :D

 

I know I said I'll update on Christmas but my finals weeks has affected me greatly. I wasn't able to think straight after my last exams so I had problem brainstorming and forming thoughts and ideas. Thank goodness I finished this update today.

 

A/N: BTW When I was poof reading the latter half of this story (since I proof read the upper half before), I suddenly experience headache. It's an after effect of not wearing my glasses. I misplaced them and so I am having a hard time reading off the PC (even now). So pardon any errors. I will edit this once my headache subsided, and luckily if I find my glasses. EDITED!

Okay I won't keep you guys waiting. Just remember to vote and comment! Happy Holidays! Cheerios! 

 

-kariboo17

 

P.S: I have a new fic. It's a YoonTae short on-going. Read the fic for anymore details. http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/628386/cracking-her-code-snsd-taeyeon-yoona-yoontae

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jessica's hands started to sweat under the table. The transfixed scrutinizing gaze of Yoona's mother a.k.a her future mother-in-law was digging deep into her soul.

 

Jessica felt her heart trying to run away from her chest. If something like that happen because of Yoona then Jessica wouldn't worry because it's a good thing but since Yoona isn't the reason of her pounding heart then it is something that's making her worry.

 

It's beginning to freak her out but since she's in front of Yoona's parents, her future in-laws, Jessica cannot just show that she's falling apart.

 

"Yes mom, I'm serious about her." Yoona answered calmly. She glanced over Jessica and noticed the uneasiness so she flashed her a small beam.

 

"How long have you been together?" Yejin asked in a small yet stern voice.

 

"About-"

 

"I'm not asking you, Yoona." Yejin threw her daughter a firm glare before averting her eyes back to Jessica. "So? Jessica right?"

 

Jessica swallows hard. She wondered just how did she managed to give a nod despite her body stiffening so badly due to the intidimidation she received from the Im matriach.

 

"We've been together for more than a month now." She replied politely, not forgetting to smile for additional points regarding a good first impression.

 

"I see. What does your parents do?"

 

And the million dollar question has been asked. Jessica mentally cursed herself for being unable form a good answer. What is she suppose to say?

 

My father is the King of Korea and my mom is the Queen. I am the Crown Princess and you shouldn't be giving me that look nor should you be speaking in that kind of voice because it robs me of respect that I deserve.

 

Great. If she say that she can say goodbye to a positive impression and to Yoona because she's hundred percent sure Yoona's parents will disclose of her location and she will be brought back to Korea immediately.

 

Praying hard that she can deliver her reason without any trouble, Jessica inhaled deeply before speaking.

 

"My dad is a businessman while my mother is an awesome housewife."

 

Yoona eyed her girlfriend nervously, also as anxious as Jessica, but was relieved after hearing the impromptu excuse.

 

"What business if I may ask?"

 

Yoona rolled her eyes at her mother. She didn't like how her mother was acting. Her siblings' former lovers didn't even experience this when they were introduced to her mother.

 

"My dad is a CEO of a small company. He watches over the company and makes sure everything is done accordingly."

 

Well, it was true in another sense. The King is the CEO and the country is the company. He watches over it and decides what's best for it. Rather than a lie, it was an explanation in which she put in another way but for people who can understand and know the situation perfectly well, it was just another version of the same story.

 

"Why are you asking her that mom?" Yoona whined.

 

Yejin Im shrugs. "Why? Am I not allowed to question my daughter's girlfriend?"

 

"No, you are but I want you to stop."

 

Yejin and Yoona engaged in a gaze lock. Yoona was looking at her mom with pleading eyes and in the end Yejin Im relented with a sigh. It was no brainer that despite the strict nature of Yejin, Yoona still remained the favorite child because Yoona is special for this family, because they believe she's their angel. They almost lost Yoona when she was born because she wasn't breathing nor responding to the pats of the doctor. It was only when Yejin carried the clinically dead Yoona in her arms did the child begin to cry. That's why Yoona always have a special spot in her parents' hearts. The fear of losing her once keeps on haunting them so their hearts often soften when it comes to Yoona.

 

"Okay fine." Yejin Im sighed in defeat. "But I could have sworn I've seen her face somewhere."

 

"She's that girl from Taeyeon's cafe-"

 

"I know but it seems I've seen her even before that meeting."

 

Yoona and Jessica held their breaths. It wasn't until Jaehoon interrupted were they able to escape the heart-stopping remark.

 

"It must be someone similar looking, honey."

 

"I tend to remember someone especially if they look this pretty." Yejin said, subtly throwing the compliment.

 

Yoona chuckled awkwardly. "I don't think there's someone out there that looks like Jessica, mom. She's one of a kind."

 

Jessica bashfully lowered her head to hide her reddened cheeks.

 

Jaehoon guffawed not so discreetly. "Indeed, sweetie. It seems you've inherited my sweet talking skills."

 

"Nah. It's no sweet talking dad. It's the truth."

 

Jaehoon nodded, a small smile playing upon his lips. He called over a waiter in order for Yejin to finally order their meal.

 

"Mom, no cucumbers for Jessica." Yoona states since she know perfectly well that the Princess is highly allergic to the said vegetable.

 

"Okay, sweetie. And no nuts for you." Yejin confirmed and Yoona nodded. Yoona is highly allergic to nuts as well, just like her cousin Taeyeon. It's an allergy that can be fatal, which Taeyeon had an unfortunate experience when she was only eight.

 

She and Yoona were playing around when they stumbled upon a container of peanuts. Being innocent kids as they are, they tried it and found out they are allergic to it. Yoona, who tried about two nuts was fortunate to only experience skin rashes but Taeyeon had some trouble breathing since began to swell, clogging her airway. Ever since then they never touched another nut again.

 

The food came and the they begin to scarf them down. The Ims engage themselves in a chat with Jaehoon throwing Jessica small questions here and there. Yoona also was showering her girlfriend with praises. It sort of helped Jessica to loosen up a bit though she was still aware that Yejin Im was looking at her with that eagle eyes of hers.

 

She badly needed some air.

 

"Ummm... Excuse me. I need to go to the powder room."

 

She turned to Jaehoon who nodded in response then to Yejin who was still looking indifferently at her. The corner of the mouth of the Im matriach curled up a little and Jessica took it as a cue to leave.

 

Damn! She needed to breathe. And boy was she glad to finally leave the table! Once she reached the restroom, she exhaled heavily, muttering curses here and there.

 

"God, Sooyeon! You're an idiot! Relax! Compose yourself! You shouldn't let anyone intimidate you!"

 

She paced around in front of the faucets looking very terrible. How can Yejin Im shake her to the core without even doing so much?

 

Dealing with Yejin Im might lead to mental breakdown.

 

"Damn! Don't tell me once I marry Yoona I'll have that kind of disapproving mother-in-law like in the movies?"

 

She glanced with her determined eyes at her reflection on the huge mirror.

 

"I can do this. Fighting!"

 

Meanwhile, Yoona dabbed with a napkin after finishing her meal. She leans back her chair, gazing at her mother with an inquisitive look.

 

"What?" asked Yejin, calmly chewing on her food.

 

"Mom, please be nice with Jessica. I would really appreciate that."

 

"I was merely being curious. I mean this is the first girl you've introduced to us. Why now? Why this girl?"

 

"Because she's special." responds Yoona. "I'm in love with her. And she's not 'this girl'. She has a name and it's Jessica."

 

Yoona sounded so firm. She was subtle yet determined in telling her mother to stop the unnecessary questions. She was uneasy herself watching her mother interrogate her girlfriend. She didn't feel good, to be honest. Is this how one felt once his or her lover is confronted by the mother? There is this whole meeting the parents feel and Yoona cannot help but smile imagining she's out for a dinner alongside her wife with her parents.

 

Jaehoon alternated his gaze between his wife and daughter. It was very rare for Yoona to act this way. He can't help but think that his daughter is probably madly in-love with Jessica. If not, she wouldn't have the guts to speak up against her mother.

 

"I just don't get it." Yejin finally spoke up. "You were never interested in getting yourself to a serious relationship. But then all of the sudden you claim you're in love."

 

"Shouldn't you be happy for me first mom? I finally committed myself to a serious relationship, I finally found the love of my life and I finally have a direction in life. Shouldn't you be glad? Aren't you supposed to congratulate me?"

 

Yejin let an exasperated sigh. "Yoona. You know very well that I can read people. There is something about that Jessica. I can feel like she's hiding something from us."

 

"Look mom." Yoona let a dejected sigh. "Jessica's very important to me. I know her very well and if there is one thing I am proud of it is the fact that I know everything about her."

 

"Yoona-"

 

"And please mom. Don't pull off another secret investigation. If you did it to unnie and oppa, there is no way I'll let that happen to me. The least thing I want is to have you push Jessica away."

 

Yejin exchanged glances with her husband who merely nodded, telling her to listen to their youngest daughter. Heaving a dejected sigh, she conceded much to Yoona's glee.

 

"Thanks mom. Jessica is a wonderful girl." Yoona flashed her mother that rare huge grin she barely shows her family nowadays. "And she's really, really, special to me. I love her."

 

Jaehoon Im watched the way his daughter spoke full of determination and her beautiful pair of doe eyes had a glint of outmost sincerity. He can tell that his daughter has deeply fallen in love.

 

"As long as you are happy Yoona then I will always support you." He says.

 

Another face splitting grin surfaces, alternating her gaze between her parents. "I knew it! I have the most awesome parents ever."

 

Finally the Im couple has found their smiles. It was nice to see this playful side of Yoona that they miss so much. Yoona has changed over the years and it seems like meeting Jessica brought Yoona to her old self. It was something they are thankful of Jessica one way or another.

 

Yoona scarfed down her meal while she occasionally answered her parents' questions.

 

"How are the girls?" Yejin asked.

 

Yoona gulped down her glass of water. "Everyone's fine. Oh! Tiffany and Yuri are now dating."

 

"Wow, what a surprise."

 

Even Jaehoon couldn't hide his shock. "I've always thought Tiffany had the hots for you."

 

"Well she did... At first... But now she's totally over me and right now it's all about Yuri."

 

Yoona giggled at the memory of the newest couple of the gang. She remembered how Tiffany will turn red every time Yuri whisper something on her ear or how Yuri will get so shy whenever Tiffany hold her hand.

 

After a few minutes, Jessica has finally returned. Compared to a somewhat tense atmosphere earlier, Jessica felt somewhat relieved once she found out that there had been a change on the ambiance.

 

"Hey babe." Yoona greeted with a smile.

 

Jessica returned the gesture as she sat down her seat. "Was I out too long?"

 

"Nah. Not really. Don't worry about it."

 

Jessica looked ahead, watching Yoona's parents, particularly Yejin, gaze at her.

 

"Jessica right?" Jaehoon asked. She nodded. "Please take good care of my daughter. She's our Princess and our little angel."

 

"Dad!" Yoona whined but her father and girlfriend ignored her much to her chagrin.

 

"I will trust you, Jessica." said Yejin, a little defiant but nonetheless relented over her daughter's wishes. "So please, don't break that trust."

 

Finally Jessica can now breath in relief. She furiously nodded her head, a determined smile plastered on her lips.

 

"Don't worry, Mr. and Mrs. Im! I will take good care of Yoona. I will love her every single day of my life."

 

Yejin watched as her daughter interlaced her fingers together with Jessica while wearing that smile that she rarely show her family nowadays.

 

Perhaps Jessica is the missing key. Perhaps she's the only one who can revert Yoona back to her old self.

 

Yejin Im will do anything just to see her daughter smile as wide as this every day for the rest of her life.

 

Even if she has to deal with Jessica in return.

 

 

****

 

 

Charmed Cafe is busy as usual. Compared to other days wherein Sooyoung is inside the kitchen, she left the confinement of her so called 'kingdom' in order to help Tiffany with the orders. Yuri is out for more delievery.

 

Since the cafe is obviously in need of manpower, Taeyeon has decided to hire two employees, one in-charge of the delivery and the other to help witin the kitchen. She thought to just let Yuri stick to waiting tables. Tiffany once came to her demanding to stop sending Yuri out for delivery. Taeyeon conceded because the least thing she wanted at this point is to have Tiffany go berserk.

 

A mad Tiffany is never a good thing.

 

Sunny volunteered to assist Taeyeon with the interview. She basically served as Taeyeon's secretary.

 

"You should be honored I am doing this."


Sunny told Taeyeon which served as a joke yet to be honest it could also be the truth.

 

Sunny works at her mom's law firm. She's a law graduate and a licensed lawyer at that.

 

"Kim Jongdae?" Sunny roll called. The said person stood and followed her inside Taeyeon's office.

 

"Hi Chen. I didn't know you applied." Taeyeon greeted the man Sunny brought in.

 

"Hello noona." Chen quipped. "Yoona noona suggested me to apply here. I once took over her job and I liked it. That's why I applied."

 

"I see."

 

Meanwhile outside, Sooyoung is having a hard time with the flow of the order. She's totally a newbie when it came to waiting tables.

 

Tiffany can only snigger at the lanky girl. Once she realized Sooyoung is only making her work a little harder, she suggested her to return in the kitchen.

 

"Are you sure?" As much as Sooyoung wanted to return to her place, she didn't want her friend to have a hard time.

 

"Yes, I'm sure. I waited all the tables before so this is nothing. Go to the kitchen and please our customers with your awesome dishes."

 

Sooyoung nodded and went back inside. True to her words, Tiffany indeed managed to wait every table. She was thankful most of the customers are regulars that is why they sort of understood her minor glitches but the smile on Tiffany's face kept their temper in check.

 

Who can be angry with a smiling angel?

 

Maybe that is the reason why Charmed Cafe is well loved. The people love the crew because of their unfaltering smiles despite a bad day. They always feel welcomed and the food is to die for.

 

And of course it is full of eye candies.

 

"Okay. Kyungsoo, Jongdae-" Taeyeon shrugged when the latter gave her a disapproving look. "I mean Chen, you guys can start now."

 

"Now?" The newly hired crew asked simultaneously.

 

"Yeah. Now. We are short on people so Kyungsoo, since you have the culinary skills, you will help Sooyoung. Remember to always listen to her. You can learn a lot from her."

 

He nods with a determined look.

 

"And Chen, since you have a license and can drive any vehicle, once Yuri returns you will take over the delivery starting today."

 

He grins at her, obviously excited with the way his body bounced a litte.

 

"We discusssed the pay right? 8000 won per hour and the cafe opens from 8AM to 8PM, 12 hours, Monday to Friday. So you get 96,000 won in a day and 480,000 won in a week. Savvy?"

 

"Boss. Are you Jack Sparrow or something?" asked Kyungsoo.

 

Taeyeon wore a proud grin. "No, Kyungsoo. I am just Kim Taeyeon. And I forgot to tell you to just call me noona."

 

"Okay noona!" They replied in unison. Taeyeon sent them away with a wave of hand before slumping down her chair.

 

"Stress!" She groaned.

 

Her door creaked open with Sunny peeking her head in.

 

"Hey. All done?" Taeyeon nodded. Sunny went straight to her. "You're so tensed, sweetheart."

 

Her fingers worked magic as she rubbed and massaged Taeyeon's shoulders.

 

"I can't help it. Too much stress these days. I can totally feel Yoona's absence."

 

Sunny giggled while soothly rubbing Taeyeon's forehead with her thumbs. She's aware of the fact that her girlfriend is psychologically and emotionally affected by Yoona's absence. To be honest, Sunny feels the same with her cousin Sooyeon, or rather Jessica away.

 

Her only source of comfort is Taeyeon just as she is Taeyeon's.

 

"They'll both be fine." said Sunny, flashing her girlfriend an assuring grin.

 

 

****

 

 

The customers started to dwindle past noon and when it was already 2PM there were about four or five people left.

 

Finally the crew can finally find a break.

 

Yuri, who has now returned from delivery, stood by the cashier together with Tiffany and Sooyoung, who has momentarily left the kitchen.

 

"Thank goodness for the new kids. Yonghwa and I could use a help in the kitchen. And goodness! Yuri look so haggard now when she's only taken over delivery for about 3 days." Sooyoung started the conversation.

 

"Yah. What do you mean 3 days? It has been four days!" Yuri refuted with a huff. "4 freaking days! Gosh I don't even know how Yoona managed to do that job for almost a year."

 

Tiffany attended to a customer who bought a box of pie and once she was gone she faced Yuri and Sooyoung.

 

"Yoona told me she loved the job." She vividly remember that day. "My dad said that when you love what you do, it will not matter how hard it is, as long as you get to keep on doing it."

 

"Wow. That's deep."

 

Tiffany was quick to slap Sooyoung on the head.

 

"Ouch! Hey! What was that for?" Sooyoung clutched her head in an over daramatic claim but it only earned her another slap this time from Yuri and the latter wasn't so gentle unlike Tiffany. "Yah! You two are ganging up on me huh? Wait for my Hyoyeon to arrest the both of you for causing physical injuries."

 

"Ignore her babe." Yuri said to Tiffany who flashed her eyesmiles in return. "Gawd, I really need to have you arrested hon."

 

"Huh? Why" Tiffany had this adorable confused look on her face and it took all of Yuri's will to stop herself from kissing the girl.

 

"You have to be arrested for attempted murder because your eyesmiles kill."

 

Tiffany's ears turned beet red at the sudden sweet word explosion of Yuri. The latter is surely a friend of Yoona's.

 

"My, my. The two of you are doing eww worthy things. Oh god, I'm gonna puke."

 

"You're just jealous you don't have your Hyoyeon here to flirt with, Sooyoung." Tiffany fired back, her face still red as her ears.

 

Sooyoung opened to retort when her eyes noticed two figures enter the cafe. She expected the customers to go straight to a table but instead they headed for the opposite direction.

 

They are headed to Taeyeon's office.

 

"Hey." She called out to Tiffany and Yuri. "The interview is finished right?"

 

"Yeah. Kyungsoo and Chen got hired. Why?"

 

Sooyoung pointed with her thumb the direction the two individuals just went. "Then why did two people go to Taeyeon's office?"

 

Tiffany and Yuri looked oddly at her, not getting what she meant.

 

And then, as if a very brilliant idea has struck her, Sooyoung gasps loudly but was quick to cover . She earned more judging stares from her two friends.

 

"What if it was a case of robbery?"

 

Yuri rolled her eyes. "Why would they go to Taeyeon's office? Shouldn't they go here at the counter?"

 

"Yeah. That's a dumb reasoning Sooyoung." Tiffany added.

 

But Sooyoung was persistent. Both the unidentified individuals had this black rayban. One is also wearing an all-black outfit while the other has a hoodie on. There was a small lump on the side of the girl in black as well in the pocket of the hooded figure.

 

It could be a gun or a knife.

 

"There's a safe inside Taeyeon's office!"

 

Yuri and Tiffany stopped sniggering to process Sooyoung's words. And then it struck them like lightning.

 

"Oh my god!"

 

And the three rushed to Taeyeon's office.

 

 

****

 

 

Sunny leaned against the desk, holding up a cup of coffee that Taeyeon personally made.

 

"No sugar?" She asked.

 

Taeyeon nodded. "Yes."

 

"Two shots of cream?"

 

"Yes. And it's D-Caff."

 

Sunny smiled against the rim of the cup, glad that Taeyeon has memorized her preferences. Being with Taeyeon for almost five years also made her memorize all of the girl's likes and dislikes.

 

Sipping the newly made drink, Sunny smiled at the familiar taste.

 

"If we get married," Sunny started, looking up a stunned Taeyeon. "Will you make me this coffee every single day?"

 

Taeyeon was unable to answer though. She was taken aback upon hearing the word 'marriage'.

 

Is Sunny hinting of wanting to marry her? Or much more spend a life time with her?

 

"O-of course! I will make you coffee every single day. I'll even cook you breakfast then wake you up, we'll eat breakfast together and then I'll drop you off your firm."

 

Sunny grinned widely, content at the answer. She watched Taeyeon nervously drink her own cup of coffee, noting just how nervous her ever so confident lover has become.

 

"Baby." She called out. She put her cup down in order to place her hands on Taeyeon's once again tensed shoulders. "Let's get married."

 

Taeyeon would have smeared the coffee all over her shirt had Sunny not taken the cup away and placed just beside her own cup.

 

"W-What?" Taeyeon stuttered, heart racing in an unbelievable rate.

 

"I said let's get married."

 

"S-Sunny." Taeyeon is still in a dazed. "Are you serious about this?"

 

"Yes. Why? Don't you want to marry me?"

 

"Of course I want to!" Taeyeon gripped her on the waist just in case Sunny decided to leave. "It's just that... I am just surprised. I don't know what to say."

 

"My family likes you, your family likes me, we obviously like each other, love each other in fact, so I don't see the reason why we shouldn't get married."

 

"Okay. But wait. Did you just propose to me?" Taeyeon playfully furrowed her brows while gazing sharply at Sunny.

 

Sunny shrugged. "Yeah."

 

"Without the ring?"

 

Sunny pulled away and this time she's the one wearing the furrowed look. "Well... I already did the proposal. You should buy the ring."

 

Taeyeon was dumdfounded for a moment before suddenly breaking into a wide grin.

 

"That's very sly." She then pecked Sunny's lips. "Don't worry. Next time I will organize a fabulous proposal."

 

"You don't have to. Even without the ring, as long as you ask me, I will say yes."

 

Taeyeon sighed dreamily. The love bug has bitten her and she won't require a cure. She's perfectly having this disease.

 

"But wait... Where did that statement come from?"

 

"When I see your face I always imagine waking up every morning for the rest of my life and the first thing I see it this face of yours. I love you, Taeyeon. I really do. But if what I said made you-"

 

"Shh... It's okay. I'll marry you but in exchange you'll have to marry me too."

 

Sunny smiled while nodding profusely. She engulfed Taeyeon to a hug, a very tight hug conveying all her emotions.

 

"I love you too, Sunny."

 

The two would have continued the hugging spree had it not for someone barging inside the office.

 

"Who the -" Taeyeon's ready to lash out at whoever tried to ruin this intimate moment she shared with her Sunny. But she quickly zipped shut upon finding who the intruders are. She has also pushed Sunny off of her.

 

"Kim Taeyeon did you just push me-" Sunny's mouth was quickly clamped shut by Taeyeon. Then she whispered something unto her ear making Sunny turn around to see the intruders.

 

"S-Soojung, S-Seohyun." She stuttered.

 

Normally Sunny wouldn't be shy going intimate with Taeyeon on public but the fact her cousin just saw her in the middle of a hugging spree, or just an intimate moment, made her embarrassed as .

 

Can she hide herself in a rat hole or something?

 

"I think it would have been great if we knocked." said the Princess. She was thankful her hood and rayban somewhat hid her face because it was all red.

 

"You should have." Sunny agreed. "What brought you here anyway?"

 

"Oh about that." Soojung d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter