There's a rainbow always after the rain

Finding Prince Charming
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If you ask Princess Sooyeon if she want to wake up from this dream then her answer will ultimately be no.

 

Right now she wish nothing but stay in Yoona's arms. All this time she still cannot believe the person she loves is right in front of her.

 

"May I say how how gorgeous you look in that dress?" Yoona smirked.

 

Sooyeon didn't respond but her hands remained on Yoona's collar. She was afraid the girl would leave her. She was afraid that this is just a dream, that she will wake up in reality that Yoona isn't here.

 

But when Yoona kissed her again she realized that this isn't a dream. This is her reality, her reality with Yoona as her center of life.

 

"Why did you come here?" Sooyeon mutters breathless from the kiss, craddling Yoona's face into her palms. "You told me you won't come."

 

Yoona leaned her face at the touch. Oh how she really missed Sooyeon. She was so close but yet so far.

 

"I realized I couldn't last a day without you." Yoona admits, eyes gazing into Sooyeon's.

 

"Yoong."

 

"I just want to spend our remaining time to the fullest."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"You're getting married." Yoona felt a huge blow to her heart when she said that herself. "That's why I want to spend every day with you until you're no longer mine."

 

Sooyeon's lips start to quiver as her eyes start to water. "W-What are you saying?"

 

"I have to let you go once you are married. Just thinking that you'll be someone else's is making my blood boil."

 

"Then don't think about it!" Sooyeon pushed her away. She was enraged that that kind of thing even crossed Yoona's mind.

 

"How can I not think about it? Without you by my side I feel as if you will disappear. Every second you are away from me, I feel threathened by those three guys who you get to pick from to marry. One of them is gonna have you and I just can't accept it!"

 

Sooyeon turned around only to see the eyes hiding behind the mask now filled with tears.

 

"I love you too much Princess." Yoona added. "I don't mind the pain of the thought of you getting engaged to someone else. That's the reason I came here."

 

With two long strides, Yoona is now in front of Sooyeon holding her hand gently and delicately.

 

"I would suggest you choose Jinki." Yoona search for Sooyeon's eyes which are full of uncertainty. "Because if it's him then I could trust him, if it's him I wouldn't have to worry that he will treat you right."

 

"Yoona..."

 

"Pick Jinki." Yoona wiped away the now falling tears off her Princess' cheeks. "For me."

 

Sooyeon's lips quivered violently in supressed sob. She doesn't want to hear whatever Yoona is saying but how can she not answer when Yoona is looking at her with a pleading look?

 

"Sooyeon, please hear me out. This is for your own good. I love you, I really do but if it's him... If it's Jinki then maybe I can accept it."

 

"A-Are you breaking up with me?"

 

"No, I'm not. I told you I'll hold onto you until you're no longer mine."

 

She waited for answer but it never came. Yoona understand Sooyeon's feelings though because every word she just said was like a knife piercing her heart.

 

Both remained silent but the tears keep falling endlessly. Yoona slowly yet hesitantly wrapped an arm around Sooyeon's pulling in for a hug.  Once Sooyeon hugged her back, she wrapped her other arm around her.

 

They stayed like that until the sound of the Palace Guards shouting Sooyeon's name got louder.

 

Yoona pecked Sooyeon's lips one last time. "I love you."

 

Like a Phantom she is supposed to be tonight, Yoona ran away just in time as the guards reached the still dazed Princess.

 

"Princess are you alright?" asked the head of Security, Kim Jong Kook.

 

Sooyeon didn't answer. She was staring at the direction Yoona ran to hoping to see her one last time but she was already gone.

 

What is she suppose to do now?

 

 

****

 

 

The Royal Family waited for Sooyeon to return. She is suppose to announce her choice in a few minutes. They were still shaken up with what they witnessed especially King Yunho. His daughter never mentioned anything about her love life. But thinking about it Yunho never really talked about that with his eldest. He was busy running the country and he was okay with the three bachelors his daughter will choose from so he never really gave a thought that his daughter is against this forced marriage.

 

It didn't take for long until the guards arrive with Sooyeon in tow. The girl hasn't uttered a single word since she was found. Her mind is in a mess that uttering a single coherent word is quite impossible. Yoona's words kept on ringing in her head over and over. She honestly felt like crying again and if it weren't for the fact she's now standing in front of her family and was surrounded with guards, she would have slumped down the floor crying like a dying seal or something.

 

"My child."

 

Nobody in the Royal Family dared to break the silence so the eldest in the family stepped up, holding a hand out for her grand daughter.

 

"It's time."

 

A bolt of lightning struck followed by the loud grumbling of thunder echoed loudly from outside. It has started raining already. It seems like the heavens are crying for the young heir to the throne. Did the gods feel the same way she is feeling right now? Will somebody descend from heaven and save her from this nightmare?

 

Sooyeon wish that to happen right now.

 

Soojung held onto Sooyeon's free hand and gave it a comforting squeeze. "You can do this unnie."

 

The huge double doors was then pushed open. The cameras flashed brightly followed by loud applause.

 

It was time to make her choice.

 

And maybe also die a little.

 

 

****

 

 

Yoona slowly took the mask off her face. Her face is now fully visible in her reflection. She felt like punching the innocent mirror who seem to be laughing mirthly at her. Or was that her own reflection, her irrational self who keep on telling her how wrong it is to not go back inside and take the Princess away?

 

Yet at the end of the day no matter how incredulous Yoona's ideas are, she still couldn't find it in herself to do what her mind is telling her. She do want to take Sooyeon away but she also doesn't want to tarnish her reputation. Imagine how big of a blow it will be to Sooyeon, the Royal Family and the entire Government? They will be ridiculed, looked down upon, and Sooyeon's dream to be an exemplary leader and role model will be tossed out the window.

 

Yes Im Yoona want to be selfish even just for once. But she cannot bring herself to be that way because in the end her love for Sooyeon outweighs everything else.

 

She took off her costume revealing her simple casual outfit. She put her things inside her backpack before slinging it on her back.

 

Until now she still couldn't believe Sooyeon's grandma, Queen Seon Jung, personally picked her up just to bring her here for a short reunion with Sooyeon.

 

It really was rather short.

 

Yoona's loneliness for Sooyeon disappeared the moment the Princess took her hand and accepted her dance proposal. It was short lived because eventually Yoona had to break it to her- the reality- and Yoona wouldn't be a hypocrite and not know her place.

 

Sooyeon's hers. That's a fact.

 

But unfortunately that fact is only known to four- Soojung, grandma Seon Jung , Taeyeon and Sunny. Compare that to the amount of people hoping that Sooyeon be engaged to anyone of the three bachelors, the odds are totally against Yoona.

 

Millions against four, six if you included Yoona and Sooyeon. That's not exactly a good thing.

 

Yoona has no idea where grandma Jung got her costume. She was about to ask her about it but the old lady insist she change her clothes so that she can make it in time of the dance.

 

Pushing the door open, Yoona exited the restroom that is located far from the main hall where everyone is gathered for the big announcement. She can only sigh dejectedly thinking about what would happen inside.

 

Before she can even take a step to leave, she overhears some people taking. Normally it wouldn't interest Yoona but once her ears heard the magic word a.k.a 'Sooyeon', Yoona quickly hid and listened.

 

"You heard, boss." says someone who Yoona will guess the man on her right. She can't really see their faces because it was dark and she couldn't even hear them properly because the rain was pouring hard.

 

"That's it?" That came from the guy on her left.

 

"Yes. Boss said whether his son gets chosen or not you have to do as plan."

 

Yoona's eyes widened in horror when the guy on her left unsheathed a knife. She can tell how sharp it is once it sparkled for a second once it caught the moonlight.

 

"Kill Princess Sooyeon." That was the other guy without the knife said before disappearing into the darkness.

 

Yoona's heart pounded hard against her chest. She just heard a conversation about an assasination of her girlfriend, the crown Princess of Korea.

 

Yoona cussed under her breathe. The short span of time she took to recover from her initial shock was enough for the other guy, the assasin, to leave.

 

"!" Yoona dashed under the rain, not caring she was soaked from head to toe. Craning her neck left and right, she tried looking for the man but he was nowhere to be found.

 

Her heart was racing in fear and anxiety. Many thoughts flooded her mind but there's only one thing she care for right now.

 

Yoona ran with all her might. "Sooyeon!"

 

Sooyeon... That's all she care about.

 

 

****

 

 

Sooyeon held her breathe the moment she stepped into the platform. All eyes and ears were on her. Cameras continue to flash and the reporters continue to report live about the event.

 

Her grip on her mic tightened. She is probably expected to say a long speech by all this people but unfortunately nothing coherent is coming to her mind.

 

Pick Jinki. For me.

 

Yoona's voice continue to ring against her ears. It lingers in her mind just as Yoona's kisses linger on her skin.

 

The moment she raised the mic just under , the hall literally held their breathe all together.

 

This is it. Their Princess will finally make her choice.

 

Queen Ara laced her fingers with her husband. Is she making the right choice? Is marrying her daughter off worth it? Would Sooyeon be happy? She has no idea how to answer the question but she knows one thing.

 

She doesn't want her daughter to be sad. But ironically this event is the reason behind the sad look of her daughter.

 

Sooyeon opened but no words came out. What should she say? Can she say she cannot pick anyone because her heart is yearning for someone else? A girl.

 

Pick Jinki.

 

Yoona's voice still keep on ringing in her head. Sooyeon's eyes landed on the three gentlemen standing below the platform with hands clasped in front. They looked all nervous.

 

For me.

 

Sooyeon closed her eyes suppressing the tears. Once she opened it, she finally found her voice.

 

"I am choosing Lee Jinki."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter