Baby Steps

Finding Prince Charming
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sooyeon heaved an irritated sigh. She didn't expect Ok Taecyeon and Lee Donghae, both candidates as her future husband, to be here. She was both offered a glass of wine but she politely refused. 

 

She excused herself from the Hwangs and retreated outside. The garden of the Hwangs was definitely beautiful. From the flower, shrubs, trees and ornaments, everything was perfect. The fountain at the center of the garden was probably the highlight. The lights hanging in the plants made the atmosphere somewhat romantic.

 

It was peaceful.

 

Until she heard a voice.

 

"I won't be able to sleep well knowing you're sick mom."

 

She heard the worried voice and decided to follow it. She spotted someone leaning against a pillar with a phone in hand.

 

"You're all alone there. Do you think I won't be worried? It's not like you can call dad and tell him to come all the way from Frankfurt. Should I go to Paris? I can get a ticket tonight."

 

Sooyeon finds the voice utterly familiar.

 

"What do you mean I shouldn't worry mom?  You had a cold for days already. What if it's not just a regular cold? Or maybe you're not drinking any medicine that is why you're not getting any better. You're all alone mom. Dad is in Frankfurt and your kids are in Seoul. You should be the one worrying not us."

 

"I know you can take care of yourself. If you feel like having a cold call me immediately okay? I'll probably send over a friend to look after you huh? I love you mom. Bye."

 

Yoona sighed heavily. Her heart is still worried for her mother. Even though her  mother can take care of herself, she was all alone in Paris. Who would be there if fever kicks in? What if her cold gets worst?

 

"Aish... I'm dying in here. Maybe I should book a flight. Maybe I should-" She halts in her footsteps when she spotted someone in front of her. She nearly loses her footing upon seeing who it was. "P-Princess Sooyeon..."

 

Princess Sooyeon composed herself. She got a fright when she spotted Yoona right in front her face all of the sudden.

 

"You know me?" She asked after composing herself.

 

"I think the entire country knows who you are." The reply came cold, something Sooyeon wasn't expecting. But it's Yoona... What does she expect?

 

Yoona looked away. Damn! The Princess grew well. She looks stunningly gorgeous in person and it didn't help Yoona forget.

 

"I haven't seen you inside. Did you just get here?"

 

"No. I actually went with the Minister's daughter. I'm sort of her date."

 

"Date?"

 

"Yes. Date."

 

Sooyeon noticed the sharpness in Yoona's tone. "Excuse me but I think that is not the way you should speak in front of a Princess."

 

"Pardon my actions but I'm not really in a mood to talk."

 

"I will forgive you but you have to accompany me for awhile."

 

Obviously Yoona didn't like the idea. For goodness sake she was hoping to avoid this girl as much as possible but her hopes went down the drain when Sooyeon popped in front of her.

 

"But-"

 

"I know you're not in the mood to talk so I won't speak with you. Accompany me at least."

 

Yoona wanted to say no but the way Sooyeon's eyes sparkled made it hard for her to refuse.

 

And so Yoona decided to accompany the Princess. They stood a few feet away from each other, an awkward silence surrounding them.

 

Yoona then decided to call someone. The situation of her mother still worries her.

 

"Hello?"

 

Sooyeon whips her head upon hearing Yoona speak. She was hoping the latter was talking to her but hopes went out the drain again when she saw the girl on the phone.

 

"Please. I'll ask you this one favor, huh... My mother is all alone and she's sick. Please check her from time to time."

 

Sooyeon flinched when the girl shouted.

 

"Yah! KiBum! You might have forgotten but you owe me twenty grand!" Yoona calmed her breathing. "Okay. We'll make a deal. You watch over my mother and I'll cut your debt to five grand."

 

Sooyeon stared wide eyes at Yoona. That was a big cash. Does she think working as a delivery girl will allow her to recover the fifteen grand she lost?

 

"Deal. I promise that. Yah! Be sure you'll do well or I'll have the flight to Paris as early as possible if my mother tells me you've done a sloppy job."

 

With that Yoona hung up. She rubbed her temples to ease her tension.

 

"What a filial child you are."

 

Yoona turns to her side to find the Princess staring at her.

 

"I know." She answered curtly.

 

Sooyeon chuckles. Yoona's irritable state looked cute.

 

"You know you should consider this as an honor. You're with a gorgeous Princess. In fact you should be honor I'm talking to you at least."

 

Yoona smirked, a smirk Sooyeon hates. "You're not the first Princess I've met."

 

Sooyeon scoffed. "You? How is that possible when you're a co-"

 

"Commoner?" Yoona finished. "You're just like her."

 

Sooyeon froze. Did Yoona sort of read her mind? Why does she knows what is inside her head?

 

"There you are!"

 

Yoona and Sooyeon were startled when Tiffany appeared all of the sudden, clutching Yoona's arm.

 

"Wow. You've met the Princess." Tiffany cocked a brow teasing Yoona. She actually didn't expect Yoona would encounter the person she's praying to avoid. "Lucky."

 

"What brought you here? Shouldn't you entertain the guest?" Yoona irritably scoffed.

 

"I was looking for you and the Princess."

 

"Me?" Sooyeon was baffled.

 

"Yes your majesty. The King wishes you to see Ok Taecyeon and Lee Donghae."

 

"The reason I went out was to avoid them and now they want me to see them?" Sooyeon thought. She then flashed a smile at Tiffany before proceeding inside. She can't disobey her father's order.

 

"Sooo..." Yoona didn't like the way Tiffany spoke. She knew she was in for another round of teasing. "Who just met her crush?"

 

"Enough Tiffany. I'm telling you for the hundredth time... She's not my crush anymore!" She hissed.

 

"Really? Then why do you look like you've enjoyed your time with her?"

 

"Not really." Yoona walked past Tiffany.

 

Tiffany pouted, wondering why there was a sudden change in Yoona's mood.

 

"Yah. Wait!"

 

**

 

Sooyeon's cheeks were starting to get numb. How can it not when she has been showing a fake smile to the two dashing gentlemen in front of her.

 

"So you and Donghae are friends?" She pretended to be interested with the words Taecyeon was sprouting. And since a lot of people glance at them she couldn't even show her temper.

 

"Yes. Donghae and I entered the same prestigious University. That's where we met and since then we clicked."

 

"What about you Princess?" asked Donghae.

 

"I went a private school just like my sister." Sooyeon inwardly prays the two of them to shut up. No more questions.

 

She smiled when a moment of silence embraced her. It was going well since the two guys are discussing amongst themselves. She can finally drop the fake smile.

 

"Look at Hwang, Donghae."

 

The smile soon dropped to stare at the two snickering guys who both were looking at Tiffany...who was with Yoona. Both were giggling in delight, a few touches here and there and sometimes leaning dangerously close for a whisper.

 

"She's such a waste." Sooyeon heard Taecyeon. "I mean Minister Hwang's probably sad of the fact that his daughter is interested in girls instead of boys."

 

"I know right?"

 

Sooyeon was pissed. If only they were aware she was friends with the girl they are badmouthing right now.

 

"I really hate those people who keep on being nosy with other people's business." She earned the two guys' attention, donning a confused expression.

 

"What's wrong with that? What's wrong with being bi, gay or lesbian or whatever you call it?"

 

The question threw the two guys off guard. They stammered for an answer. The friendly vibe Sooyeon had earlier was now gone.

 

"Loving someone of the same ...I see nothing wrong with that." She continued.

 

She gave them a scrutinizing look. "Do you?"

 

She was taunting them and they suddenly felt so small. This was the first time she has shown her temper. Her Princess aura was exuding greatly that it scares them.

 

"I don't like my beliefs clashing with another. You guys are just candidates for my future husband yet I see you in a negative light. And talking behind people's back isn't a good thing. You guys just dissed an unnie my sister likes and also a friend of mine."

 

They couldn't face her and could only hang their heads low.

 

"Excuse me." She walked away without turning back.

 

This is why she hates the life of a Princess. She's surrounded by fake people. Strangely speaking, living the life of Jessica gained her a lot of friends than Sooyeon could ever have. As Jessica, she was surrounded by people she can trust, people who are real.

 

She has witnessed them go in playful banters, hit each other or even scream if some pranks and jokes go over board. They do not act like someone who was mechanically acting around the royalties. They act like their usual selves, their true selves and that what makes Sooyeon happy. She has people around her who was real.

 

Yet ironically speaking, Sooyeon wasn't real herself. Her real world was surrounded by lies while the fake world she wanted was surrounded by real, trustworthy people.

 

Soojung greeted her proudly trudging sister a silly grin.

 

"I was wondering when you would leave the two gentledogs."

 

Sooyeon merely rolled her eyes. "I wanted to leave since forever but I can't. I didn't want to look rude by leaving when I've only been with them for a minute."

 

"You are rude sis." Soojung pointed out.

 

"I know but I didn't want our father to be humiliated. And I don't want to ruin this party by taking everybody's attention."

 

"Duh... We have their attention since we step foot in this mansion." Another obvious statement was thrown hoping to piss Sooyeon but Soojung was rather surprised when the former didn't react.

 

"What's wrong unnie?"

 

"You remember that kid who saved us back in Cali?"

 

"How can I not? You gave to her your precious necklace which I've been asking you for the longest time. I can't believe you.... Now that you brought it up I can't help but feel pressed."

 

"That necklace is hanging around your precious Miyoung unnie's neck."

 

"That necklace was my- Wait a minute." Soojung stops her rant upon hearing her sister. "Miyoung unnie has it?"

 

"Are you an idiot? Your coveted necklace was hanging around her neck, which you pointed out yet you didn't recognize it?"

 

"It has been a while you know?" Soojung threw the clueless Tiffany a glance, trying to get a better look of the necklace. "Why does her friend have it?"

 

Sooyeon kept her eyes on Yoona who was busy talking still with Tiffany.

 

"I don't know but I'm about to find out."

 

**

 

Jessica was relieved she was first to arrive at the Kim household. Right after the party has finished she has stripped the golden wig off her, wore her glasses and had them drop her.

 

"Watch her Seohyun." Yunho reminded Seohyun who firmly nodded her head.

 

With that the royal family has set off. Jessica and Seohyun went inside and as expected the others weren't there.

 

"Where have you been?"

 

The two were startled at the voice coming from the kitchen.

 

"Oh my goodness! You gave me a fright Yoona." Jessica clutched her chest hoping to ease her pounding heart.

 

Who wouldn't be scared? The house was dark and the light was only emanating from the kitchen. Yoona appeared like a wild mushroom, scaring the hell out of Jessica.

 

"I'm sorry about that. I was hungry so I ate some cereals." Yoona eyed the two girls in front of her. "Where have the two of you been? Tiffany was looking for the two of you."

 

"Umm... Seohyun and I went around the city. We paid our relatives a visit. It has been a long time since I've seen them and since we'll only be around for a month we thought we should go see t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter