You are my light; You are my world

Finding Prince Charming
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So we're official now?"

 

Tiffany avoided Yuri's gaze that was fixed on her. Both of them are seated on the opposite ends of the dining table looking very flustered. The simple kiss earlier had turned a little too passionate and when they pulled away their faces were red in embarrassment.

 

"I guess." answered Tiffany, looking away once again when she saw Yuri staring at her wearing a huge grin.

 

"Yah. You can't just say 'I guess'. You were the one who kissed me."

 

Tiffany's face turned brighter red. She can also feel her ear heating up as her face. Yuri inwardly giggled at her cuteness.

 

"Come on, Tiff. It's not the first time you kissed someone right? Why are you acting so embarrassed?"

 

"It's because it's embarrassing!" Tiffany squeaked cutely. "And stop staring at me! It's making me conscious."

 

"You're gorgeous. I can't help but stare."

 

Tiffany glanced up only to find Yuri staring warmly at her. Trying to ignore her flushed skin, Tiffany kept the eye contact.

 

"So are we together now? Like officially?" Yuri repeated.

 

"What do you want us to be Yuri?"

 

"Of course I would love us to be official. For the first time I'll be selfish and want you all by myself. I'd really like that to happen."

 

Tiffany got up from her seat. She trudged over where Yuri is seated and beamed brightly at her.

 

"Then starting tonight, I, Tiffany Hwang, is officially Kwon Yuri's girlfriend."

 

If it was possible to sport the face splitting grin the mankind has ever worn, Kwon Yuri has done it. Getting up in a daze, Yuri stared wide eye, mouth agape at Tiffany.

 

"Really?"

 

"Yes. You heard me Kwon."

 

" As in we're officially together now?"

 

"Yes."

 

"Really?!"

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes. "I won't repeat what I said Kwon Yuri unless you want me to take it back-"

 

Tiffany got pulled for a tight embrace by Yuri who obviously have a few lose screws in her head right now. She smile into the hug, wrapping her own pair of arms around Yuri's frame. She can tell the girl was smiling even if she cannot see it and Tiffany is exactly doing the same.

 

So this is what it feels like to be loved. All this time all that Tiffany did was to love Yoona. She was never loved back, she was loved but only in a friendly way. Yuri loved her and Tiffany decided to give her chance because she didn't want whatever happened to her to happen to Yuri.

 

One sided love isn't exactly the most fulfilling thing in the world. It can be really heart breaking especially when the one you love cannot see you at all. That's why Tiffany gave Yuri a chance. And what does she know? She freakin' fell in love with her best friend.

 

Seconds ago they were best friends.

 

They pulled away from the hug, huge grins donning their features.

 

But now they are lovers.

 

 

****

 

"I'm surprise you're actually here."

 

Taeyeon commented upon seeing her cousin present in her cafe. The girl has snuck out the cafe for the past two days without telling Taeyeon so the latter was obviously taken aback.

 

Yoona glanced up her cousin. She placed a finger over her lips telling her to keep quiet. She then pressed the phone closer to her ear and walked further away from Taeyeon's earshot.

 

"Great! She's physically here but her mind is somewhere else."

 

"Let her be Taeyeon."

 

Yuri returned after giving table seven its order.

 

"She's talking to Jessica."

 

Taeyeon scowled. "How would you even know it's Jessica?"

 

"Because..." Now it was Tiffany who's back from Table twelve who spoke. "We heard her say 'I miss you, Jessica' earlier." She then cling onto one of Yuri's arm. "Right Yuri?"

 

"Yeah." Yuri looked back observing Yoona's features. "But Yoona seem sad right now. Did they have a fight?"

 

Taeyeon curiously looked over her cousin. What Yuri said was right. Yoona looked sad. It was evident in her eyes, the longing, the pain. Taeyeon guiltily nibbled her lower lip. Although it was out of her grasp, she cannot help but feel sad for her cousin. If only her cousin didn't fall in love with this country's crown Princess, maybe Yoona wouldn't be sad, maybe the two star crossed lovers wouldn't be in this predicament. Or maybe it would have been better if Jessica wasn't a Princess. If the latter was the case then right now the frown on Yoona's face would be inexistent and instead of the phone, she'll be holding Jessica's hand.

 

"Or maybe they just miss each other." Taeyeon mused, looking over at her cousin with a worried expression. Her irritation about the 2 days skip of Yoona to work was wash down the drain.

 

Yuri nodded. "Yeah, maybe. Long distance relationship is very hard."

 

"I just wish Jessica is alright in California. At least if she's well then Yoona would worry less."

 

Taeyeon eyed the two chatting girls in front of her. It was an hour before noon which means the cafe will be busy soon but for now there were only a few customers around so it was okay if they lax around a little.

 

Wait a minute.

 

Taeyeon shot her eyes open, brows meeting to slits as she stares again at the two girls in front of her. She didn't notice this earlier but Tiffany and Yuri are freaking flirting with each other! Not to mention the occasional holding of hands and clinging of arms.

 

"Holy -"

 

The two girls turned to their back giving Taeyeon a look of confusion.

 

"Since when did the two of you become touchy feely?"

 

Tiffany slighly turned her head and her gaze met Yuri's. Both bursted into smiles.

 

"Oh my god! Don't tell me after Yoona got herself a girlfriend, you looked for a replacement Tiffany."

 

"Replacement?"

 

"Yeah. You know... The things you and Yoona do-"

 

Tiffany flailed her hands in the air in denial. "No! Yuri and I aren't like that."

 

Taeyeon puckered her lips feeling small at her own idea.

 

"Actually..."

 

She then cast her eyes back to Tiffany who raised her entwined hand with Yuri's.

 

"We're dating."

 

Taeyeon's jaw plummeted to the floor at the sudden revelation. "What?!"

 

Yuri closed Taeyeon's gaping mouth as she chuckled.

 

"Holy macaroni! Since when?!" Taeyeon asked again after recovering from the initial shock.

 

Yuri showed two fingers. "Two nights ago."

 

"And you guys didn't tell us?"

 

"We're telling it now."

 

Taeyeon huffed loudly. "Why are you guys ganging up on me?"

 

The couple only chuckled, crushing the smallest of the three for a group hug. Taeyeon's plea of letting go was ignored and only when they felt another's presence did they break away much to Taeyeon's relief.

 

"What's wrong Yoong?"

 

Yoona casted her eyes away from her phone. She really felt like throwing it in frustration.

 

"Is there a problem?" Tiffany added wryly.

 

Yoona sighed. They promised to meet today, Jessica and Yoona, after Jessica find a way to escape her date with Jinki. But after Queen Ara found about Jessica's escape during her date with Taecyeon, the Queen ordered Jessica's entourage to stay and watch over her. And the kind hearted Jinki accepted the fact that the date wouldn't be private anymore for the both of them. He wasn't bother with the fact their date would be interrupted every now and then.

 

It infuriated Yoona, not that she couldn't be with Jessica, but the fact that she is in a date with someone Yoona know. Jinki, or Onew, the latter being used by people close to him, was Yoona's classmate back in high school. He was really charming and very famous with girls.

 

Yoona was feeling something seeth inside her. She felt threatened. Of course she should trust Jessica and she really do trust her, but with a man like Jinki who she know can make any heart flutter, Yoona is very wary.

 

An unfamiliar feeling was eating her from the inside yet she has no idea what it is. It was her first time to feel something like this and it wasn't a good one.

 

"Jessica's out with someone." Yoona answered softly, settling herself on the table in front the counter.

 

"A guy?" asked Tiffany.

 

Yoona nodded.

 

Tiffany creased her forehead. "You mean she went out with a guy? Like a date?"

 

She find it unlikely that Jessica is cheating on Yoona. She really thought they will last.

 

Yoona looked up the three pair of eyes looking at her with sympathy. "No. She said she's with her friends."

 

Tiffany breathed in relief. "Woah! For a second I thought Jessica went on a date. I was really about to explode thinking that she called just to say that. Good thing it was a trip with friends."

 

Yoona referred to Jessica's Royal Entourage when she said 'friends'. She opted to distinguish Jinki as part of it since she cannot tell them something like 'My girlfriend is on a date with Jinki and I feel weird about it'.

 

"Then why do you look sad?" Yuri prompted, seeing the still down expression of Yoona.

 

"There's this guy in the group and..." Yoona stammered. She can't find the right words to say.

 

"And?" This time it was her cousin Taeyeon who urged her.

 

"And I feel... I don't know...maybe mad about it. I don't exactly know what feeling this is. I'm pissed actually and a little wary-"

 

"Oh my gosh!" exclaimed Taeyeon.

 

Yoona consciously eyed her cousin. "What?"

 

"Im Yoona is jealous!"

 

Yoona gaped. That was totally not expected. She's not jealous. She's never been jealous-

 

Her thoughts imagined the kind Jinki pulling a seat for Jessica as they start their lunch.

 

-only this time. This is the first time Yoona has ever been jealous. She never felt this way for her exes. If they flirt with another, she coolly let them. But not this time. Just the image of Jinki approaching Jessica, even if the girl is backing away, is sending Yoona's patience over the edge.

 

"I'm not." She tucked her phone back inside her jeans' pocket. "Stop blabbering nonsense."

 

Taeyeon noticed sadness behind Yoona eyes.

 

How can Yoona not be sad? First her girlfriend is with Jinki and second... Tomorrow is the engagement party. Jessica will choose which of the three bachelors shall be her groom. Yoona won't see her today and tomorrow. Maybe neither the next day or the day after that.

 

And then next week is the date set for the marriage. Yoona barely has a week left to spend time with Jessica but she already know she have three to four days robbed away from her. So what can she do with the remaining days left?

 

Runaway with Jessica?

 

Yoona has been thinking about that lately but she didn't want to be selfish. Jessica wouldn't want to turn her back to her people.

 

"Taeyeon unnie..."

 

Taeyeon's face softened when her cousin called her that way. Yoona hasn't really called her unnie that much anymore so when Yoona called her that way, with that fragile voice and expression, she cannot help but listen.

 

"Can I take the rest of the day off?"

 

Yuri and Tiffany exchanged glances. Yoona looked so vulnerable. It wasn't like the Yoona they knew before who was proud and very confident. The girl look like a deer caught in the headlights, a sorrowful deer that is.

 

"Sure. Will you be okay though?"

 

Yoona reached behind her to remove her apron.

 

"I'll be fine. I just need some air."

 

And with that Yoona left the cafe.

 

Taeyeon watched her cousin's back disappear. She have no idea how Princess Sooyeon is doing now. Sunny hasn't been telling her anything and it's not like she has something to tell as well. She has no news about Sooyeon too. The palace is being careful not to disclose any news. The news shall be out the next day and it is all in the hands of Princess Sooyeon.

 

Taeyeon's eyes widen as realization hit her. Could it be that her cousin is aware of Jessica's status as a Princess? Is that the reason why Yoona looked so sad, so hopeless? Does she know about the engagement and the wedding?

 

Once her cousin's back disappeared, Taeyeon's questions were left unanswered.

 

 

****

 

 

Sooyeon stared at the man in front of her.

 

She thought since he was a university Professor, Jinki would really be good at talking. Turns out he was actually a man of few words.

 

Glancing behind her, she can see her entourage watching her warily.

 

She just finished her lunch with Jinki and then he brought her to the National Museum. Just like her grandmother, he was also an ardent lover of paintings and other artifacts.

 

Even though they didn't talk that much, Sooyeon can claim he know him better than the two, Donghae and Taecyeon. She remembered p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter