Bad Blood

Finding Prince Charming
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was a good Tuesday morning.

 

Jessica tidied her bed and happily skipped out her room. There she saw Sunny who just got out Taeyeon's room.

 

"Oh. Sunny!"

 

She whipped her head and nearly fell on her footing.

 

"Soo-Jessica!" She was beyond surprise that she nearly say the Princess' name.

 

"What were you doing inside Taeyeon's room?"

 

Sunny struggled for a reason. "Ummm... I was looking for... Taeyeon... But she's still asleep."

 

"Oh." Jessica understood. She then pointed at Sunny's neck. "Hey! Your mosquito bite went worst. Did you scratch it endlessly?"

 

Sunny felt like disappearing. She has told Taeyeon to not her neck last night but she didn't listen. Look at what has happened.

 

"Yes. It's was itchy. But I'm fine now."

 

"You should be careful. What's for breakfast?"

 

"I'm gonna make it. Just sit there and wait. Drink some chocolate or coffee if you want."

 

Jessica did as told. It didn't take long for Taeyeon to wake up who went over Sunny to help. Seohyun apologized to Jessica for waking up late but the latter dismissed it, saying that Seohyun should drop the formality and forget her job. She's not Seohyun the royal guard but Seo Juhyun, Jessica's friend.

 

Another room opens and out came Yoona wearing a short shorts and baggy shirt. Her hair was bedazzled yet she still looked pretty.

 

"Taeyeon unnie..." She lazily called.

 

"Uhh..." She called from the kitchen.

 

"Should I go to work today?"

 

Taeyeon threw her cousin a disbelieving look. "And why shouldn't you? Don't tell me you're still jetlagged because I'm pretty sure you were pretty active last night."

 

Yoona strolled over the counter, poking the pancakes that are newly cooked.

 

"I'm still tired. Besides, I have to drive back here."

 

"You should have stayed at Tiffany's. I'm pretty sure she and Yuri will drag you to work."

 

Jessica overheard the conversation. She stood from the living room to look at Taeyeon.

 

"Taeyeon."

 

The older teared her eyes away from Yoona who now nibbled a piece of cake after losing her cousin's attention.

 

"Is it okay if Seohyun and I can join your shop?"

 

Taeyeon had this doubtful look. She gazes at Sunny who merely shrugged before flipping the pancake.

 

"Why? I mean just stay here."

 

"Seohyun and I need to pay for our stay. Besides, if I need to find what I'm looking for shouldn't I meet people?"

 

Taeyeon scratched her nape. Should she allow Jessica?

 

"Do you guys know how the Cafe works?"

 

Seohyun and Jessica nodded.

 

"All right fine."

 

-*-*-*-*-

 

"What?"

 

Yoona was inside Taeyeon's office.

 

"That Jessica is my partner? Taeyeon unnie! You might have forgotten but delivering food is easy. I don't need an assistant."

 

Taeyeon deeply sighed. Her cousin values times and she knows having a partner might slow her job.

 

"I know Yoona. But there is no more opening. Sooyoung and Yonghwa had Seohyun helping them at the kitchen while Yuri and Tiffany are enough as waitresses."

 

"Tiffany and Yuri might need help-"

 

"And then Jessica stays if the Cafe is busy while you're out for delivery. It's that simple Yoona."

 

Yoona let a defeated sigh. Placing her palms on her hips, she stares at the paper Taeyeon hands her.

 

"You got delivery. It's Hyo's."

 

Yoona grabbed the paper. "Huh? It's the same as her previous order."

 

"I know. Sooyoung's working extra special for it."

 

"Hey that's biased! How come when I order she serves begrudgingly?"

 

"Because she's serving an . This time it's her girlfriend. See the difference?"

 

Yoona smirked. "Whatever. Is the order ready?"

 

"Yup. Good luck."

 

Taeyeon sighed in relief once Yoona walked out her office.

 

Yoona spotted Jessica sitting my the table near the Counter.

 

"New girl." She called.

 

Jessica woke from her gaze to stare at Yoona. "Me?"

 

"Yes you."

 

Jessica walked over her.

 

"Taeyeon has probably told you my rules right?" She earns a nod. "Good. Let's get our orders."

 

After getting the orders, they headed to Taeyeon's car. Yes. Her car is the delivery car. The Bike was being repair so as a substitute, Taeyeon's car was used.

 

"Yoong..."

 

Yoona woke the car to life as Tiffany moved near the car.

 

"Take care of Jessica okay? She's new to this... And be friendly." She reminded.

 

"Yeah, yeah." Yoona deadpanned.

 

Jessica smiled at Tiffany when the latter flashed her an eye smile.

 

"Be careful driving." Tiffany reminded before kissing Yoona on the forehead. She ran back inside as Yoona drive away.

 

"Jessica Jung, right?"

 

Jessica blinked a few times to break her stupor, head turning to Yoona.

 

"Yes."

 

"The name's Im Yoona. How long have you known my cousin?"

 

"Ummm... Actually Sunny is my cousin."

 

"Ah... So the two families have met."

 

Jessica doesn't know what Yoona was implying but she simply nodded.

 

"Since you are new I'll give you the chance to ask me questions until we get in our destination."

 

Jessica pondered. What should she ask?

 

"Have you any idea of settling down, finding true love? There are a lot of guys out there."

 

Yoona snorted. Jessica noted it was another bad impression.

 

"I'm not interested in guys. And true love? Where would you find that in this century?"

 

Jessica felt hurt at the statement but she opted to keep quiet. This Im Yoona is definitely something. She should avoid this girl.

 

"No more questions?"

 

Jessica shook her head.

 

"Can I ask now? It's just one question."

 

Jessica urged her to continue.

 

"What exactly are you looking for that you needed to meet a lot of people?"

 

"Because I'm looking for my true love."

 

Yoona pursed her lips in hopes of supressing any noise from escaping. Is Jessica a kid? She believes in that kind of story? She might find it in the previous century but not today.

 

"Oh... I see." It took a lot of effort to recover. "Good luck then."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter