Drifted

Finding Prince Charming
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Princess Sooyeon felt antsy inside. Watching Yoona leave in search of Tiffany made her jealous- not in a platonic or insecure way. She was jealous of how worried Yoona is for Tiffany. Yoona is probably as worried with Tiffany as she loved Jessica.

 

Indeed Sooyeon couldn't compare with Tiffany who has been Yoona's friend for already a long time. She probably is Yoona's girlfriend but Tiffany is Yoona's other self. Yoona is sad when Tiffany is, she is happy when she is and she is bothered when she is. They are one in the same- two peas in a pod.

 

"Where are you going Yuri?"

 

She casted her eyes to Yuri who had her wrist captured by Sooyoung.

 

"I'm gonna help Yoona look for Tiffany."

 

"You should eat first."

 

"I can't eat when my best friends are missing."

 

Sooyoung relented and released her hold. Yuri smiled at her telling her everything is gonna be alright.

 

"I'll be back."

 

The group was busy digging in to notice Yuri's disappearance. In fact Sooyoung just noticed her because she was standing beside her but now all of them are pre-occupied with their dinner and their partners. Most were lovers except Soojung and Bielle who are talking about France.

 

"Where are you going?"

 

If that was any of her friends Yuri would have ignored her but it wasn't.

 

"Princess Sooyeon." She gave a small bow.

 

"You aren't eating?" She knew the girl's answer but she had to pretend she didn't hear her talk with Sooyoung.

 

"Ummm... I'm gonna look for Yoona and Tiffany." She then wondered why the Princess is here. "What about you Princess? Is it okay to miss your meal?"

 

"Don't worry. How about we look for your friends?"

 

Yuri remained still. A smile of understanding curled Sooyeon's lips.

 

"Walk with me."

 

Yuri couldn't bring herself to refuse the offer. It was an authoritative statement and if she refuse she might find herself behind bars. No. She went a little far but of course she didn't want to disobey the Princess.

 

They walk in a medium pace to let the chilly breeze embrace them. Yuri darted her head left and right in search of her friends but saw no one.

 

"You seem to be really worried with your friends." Sooyeon noted. Of course she know that but for conversation's sake she had to speak.

 

"Of course. Yoona and Tiffany are my best friends."

 

"But you seem to be more worried and sensitive when it comes to Tiffany."

 

Yuri halted her steps. Was she that easy to read that even the Princess who have only been with them for a day has noticed?

 

"I guess you favor her more than the others." Sooyeon continued after noticing the discomfort in Yuri.

 

"No. It's just... You probably won't understand." She sighed.

 

"If I can't understand my people then I'll probably be a bad Queen."

 

Yuri flailed her hands in nervousness. "I didn't mean that... I'm sorry, your highness."

 

Sooyeon let a chuckle. "You're so gullible."

 

Yuri watch the Princess walk ahead of her. She was contemplating whether to tell or not. With the Princess' status, she can force Yuri to tell her everything but instead she remained calm and didn't bring it up again. Yuri appreciated that so she decided to tell it. After all this might be the last time she'll see the Princess. She would probably forget it after some time since she meet hundreds of people a day.

 

"I'm in love with her."

 

Sooyeon pressed her lips into a thin line contemplating whether to turn or not. She settled with the latter but she stood still to listen.

 

"I love her but she's not feeling the same."

 

If Sooyeon was just a newbie with the situation she would have naively said that Tiffany do love Yuri- in a more friendly way that is. But infortunately she do know the situation and the love Yuri was talking about isn't dealing with friendship; it is way beyond than that- deeper, stronger and more passionate.

 

"That's a sad story." Sooyeon symphatizes. "You're probably hurting."

 

"You have no idea Princess." Yuri shot her gaze on her feet in hopes to supress the tears. "I'm no martyr but loving her makes me one."

 

Sooyeon flashed another smile, a comforting one, hoping it'll be of help for Yuri but she knows she wouldn't be able to lift her pain.

 

"Falling in love is good but there are untold consequences." She said as a-matter-of-factly. "Love is like a game. It's either you win or you lose."

 

They resumed walking. They don't know where exactly they are going but their bodies felt a pull heading west.

 

"I don't mean to sound nosy but it seem to me you have a fair experience with love, Princess. Are you perhaps in love?"

 

Yuri was half-joking, half-serious with the question. She was actually intrigued by Sooyeon's wise words. She gave an impression as if she's in love.

 

Sooyeon's face light up. Just the thought of Yoona made her stomach do somersaults. She threw Yuri an impish grin.

 

"I am." She answered proudly. She is Im Yoona's girlfriend and she is proud of that.

 

That threw Yuri off guard. She was curious but it was not her business. Maybe it's one of Sooyeon's three selected Bachelors.

 

"I am happy for you Princess."

 

"Thank you. I wish you find your happiness too."

 

From a far they saw two silhouettes lit by the moonlight.

 

"Ah. There they are." Sooyeon pointed. As if it's the most natural thing to do, she took a step forward.

 

The two of them neared Yoona and Tiffany who are both in a middle of a talk.

 

"No, Yoona. I love you... More than you could ever imagine."

 

They halted their steps upon hearing the confession. Yuri felt a knife pierce her heart while Sooyeon is still shock to even comprehend anything. Their breathing stopped and their hearts skipped a beat.

 

Yuri knew that already but hearing Tiffany say it with conviction and tears made her eyes water.

 

"I'm in love with you, Yoong! For the longest time I'm in love with you!"

 

They held their breaths when Tiffany cradled Yoona's face in her palms.

 

"Miyoung-ah. This isn't-"

 

It happened all too fast. Before they could even comprehend that Tiffany was kissing Yoona, the latter pushed her away. Tiffany donned a hurt expression. Yoona pushed her away. That thought hurt her to pieces.

 

"This is wrong." Yoona overcame the shock to state her stand.

 

"Wrong?" Another humorless chuckle escaped Tiffany's quivering lips. "We do things worst than this and now you call an innocent kiss wrong?"

 

"We can't do this anymore, Miyoung-ah."

 

That cut straight into her heart- that is if her heart is still whole. Yoona only calls her Miyoung when she's cooing her but this time it sounds nothing like that. She probably thought saying it softly would make it less painful but it still hurt. A lot.

 

"Can't doing what? Kiss? ? WHAT?!" Tiffany yelled for the first time at Yoona. "Tell me!"

 

Yoona looked away. What have she done? How can she not know? Her best friend, her Miyoung, is in love with her for a long time and she didn't have even the slightest idea.

 

"I didn't mean it that way. I'm dating someone." She explained carefully. "Didn't we agree to stop doing things when one of us is committed?" She saw the emotionless eyes of Tiffany.

 

"When have you been serious with a relationship, Yoona?" She asked bitterly.

 

Yoona kept mum. Tiffany has a point. She was never serious with her previous realtionships, only now. Now she has found the reason to be serious, to love beyond limits, to be selfless and to move forward- all because of Sooyeon.

 

"Who's the girl? Another play toy?" The twinkle in Tiffany's eyes was gone, her voice thick with unshed tears.

 

"Tiffany-"

 

"I don't expect you to love me back but at least give me a chance." Tiffany held Yoona's hand with both, placing it over her cheek and gave it a kiss. "Give us a chance. I can love you better than her."

 

"Tiff-"

 

"I can be everything you need!"

 

"I don't want better! I just want her."

 

Tiffany released Yoona's hand, her own hands falling limply to her sides.

 

"What does she have that I don't? Is she prettier? ier? Is she a better kisser? Or maybe she's better in bed."

 

Yoona clenched and unclenched her fists in suppressed anger. She also have her limits but she know one of them should stay calm and rational or else both of them might do something they will regret.

 

"This isn't you Tiff."

 

"What do you expect? I've lost my sanity the moment I fell in love with you."

 

Yoona hated herself right now. She loves it whenever Tiffany smiles, whenever she is her bubbly self, because that scene makes Yoona happy. The Tiffany she is seeing right now is far from that- dejected, sad and hurt.

 

"Do you love her?" came the serious yet painful question from Tiffany.

 

Yoona couldn't bring herself to look at her. She can answer that firmly but she is afraid if she does then she might lose Tiffany.

 

She then gazes into Tiffany's eyes, imploring for her to understand. She couldn't find in herself to answer the question. She might lose her best friend, she might lose her Miyoung and she cannot let that happen. Without Tiffany in her life...well she can't imagine how life will be.

 

She open only to close it back when she find no words to say. Tiffany watch her hesitate. Although she didn't hear it she already know the answer to her own question.

 

"You don't have to answer."

 

Yoona swallowed hard. Her heart pumps hard as she thinks of the possibilities. Tiffany won't leave her right? She's one of her pillars in her life. She would crumble without her.

 

"Don't leave me." She utters softly, tugging Tiffany's wrist. "You're still my best friend. You are important to me and I don't want to lose you. I don't want my stupidness to be the reson you will leave me-"

 

Tiffany put a finger on Yoona's rapping mouth. For the first time a small smile spread her features as she pull Yoona for a hug.

 

"Why would I leave you, silly?"

 

"You won't?" She asked like a baby clinging unto her mother.

 

Tiffany pulled away. "I won't. I guess I love you too much that I'd rather see you with the one you love."

 

"I'm so-"

 

"Don't apologize."

 

"But-"

 

"Just don't."

 

Tiffany didn't let Yoona speak. She trapped her in a hug that would deprive her of air but Yoona didn't care. She was thankful Tiffany is still by her side. Tiffany was also thankful because even for the last time, for the last time before she let go, she can hug Yoona this much.

 

"I'm gonna let go now." Tiffany whispered on her ear.

 

It's no use holding on. If she was still that girl a minute ago who was desperate for Yoona's affection, then she would wait until Yoona breaks up with her current girlfriend, but she's no longer that girl.

 

The sanest part of her mind told her to stop torturing herself. Whether Yoona was in a relationship or not, she still doesn't love Tiffany the same way she loves her. They still won't work.

 

And Tiffany would get back to zero once again. She's no masochist but loving Yoona made her one.

 

"I'll try to move on." She added.

 

She gently pushed the still in a daze Yoona, wiped her tears with the back of her hand before taking a deep breath.

 

"And I will start by distancing myself from you." She took a step back, about two meters away from Yoona, and smiled unwittingly.

 

"Race to the group?" She proposed. Before Yoona can even comprehend she already took off. "The loser has to clean the table!"

 

Yoona blinked a few times. She saw Tiffany's running figure and that's the only time it sank in.

 

"Yah! You cheater! Hwang Miyoung!"

 

She ran after her despite the heaviness in her steps. The confession still troubled her but for now she wanted to forget that and enjoy the bubbliness of her mushroom.

 

****

 

It turns out Yoona lost the bet- partly because she went easy and second she wanted to give the win to Tiffany.

 

Why?

 

Because even if it is not much, that small victory has brought a smile to Tiffany's face. Yoona wanted to see that smile again and she was happy with what she did.

 

Even if that leaves her to clean the entire mess.

 

"Can I help you?"

 

She quickly spun around at the sound of that precious voice.

 

"Oh, Princess Sooyeon." She resumed stacking the plastic cups. "I'm fine. You should go rest with the others."

 

She dumped the stacked plastics cups and paper plates at the plastic bag. It is probably way past midnight and her eyes begin to drop but she had to finish this.

 

"How can I sleep when you are out here all alone?"

 

Yoona beamed at the pouting Princess. She wants to kiss it away but restrains herself.

 

Sooyeon frowned when Yoona went back cleaning after rejecting the offer. Her mind then went back to what she witnessed earlier.

 

A p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter