The Runway to Heaven

Finding Prince Charming
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Princess Sooyeon keep her gaze  fix on her reflection. The stylist was done with her make up and now they are preparing her dress. Sooyeon wanted to comfort the woman staring at her full of sadness but then she realized it was her all along.

 

And then it hit her like cold harsh wind that she's getting married.

 

But not to the person she love.

 

Gazing down at the ring sitting on her left ring finger, Sooyeon badly wish Yoona is here right now. With Yoona's ring it felt right compared to the sparkling engagement ring.

 

Sooyeon's thoughts then drifted back to the time she went skating with Yoona.

 

Yoona guffawed heartily watching Sooyeon struggle to balance herself with the skates.

 

"Why does it keep on slipping?"  Sooyeon whined incessantly.

 

Another fit of laughter escaped Yoona's lips. "You're in a skaring rink, of course it will slip. If not then then how can we skate?"

 

Sooyeon grunted in annoyance so Yoona, despite enjoying the cute scene unfolding in front of her, decided to help her. She skated over Sooyeon's side and held her steady.

 

"Kyaaa!" Sooyeon squealed when she almost lost her balance but thank goodness Yoona was there to catch her.

 

"Careful." Yoona whispers soothingly into her ear. The dry ice was sending cool air up her jeans but it was Yoona's whisper that made her body shiver.

 

And again this is the effect of Im Yoona.

 

"Why did you agree to go skating when you can't even skate?"

 

"I wanted to try something new! And besides I never expected it to be this difficult." Another whine left Sooyeon. The cuteness was proven too strong for Yoona so she leant in and captured Sooyeon's lips for a quick peck.

 

Despite the cold, Sooyeon's face began to heat up. One day she will die of Yoona effect but she doesn't mind that. She looked around searching if there was any one who saw her get kissed and was relieved to find the rest of the people busy playing around.

 

"Sneaky." She slapped Yoona's shoulder playfully earning a somewhat teasing laughter.

 

"But you love it."

 

Slowly the corners of Sooyeon's mouth curled up. "Yes, I do."

 

She grabbed Yoona's face and this time the kiss lasted more than a peck.

 

 

Sooyeon brought her fingers up in order to trace her lips because she can still feel Yoona's lips on hers, how those pair of lips and that tongue melted her to her feet.

 

"Princess! You can't do that!"

 

The stylist quickly prevented Sooyeon's fingers from touching the lips. The lipstick might smear and they'll have to re-do that again. They only have half an hour left to prepare and the other half will be for driving Sooyeon to the wedding venue, the biggest cathedral in Korea.

 

Sooyeon sighed but relented. This day must be her day of execution.

 

Oh how Sooyeon wish that's the case. She'd rather take that than this marriage.

 

 

****

 

 

The Royal Family just arrived at the cathedral. Jinki's family is already there and they are now just waiting for the groom.

 

"Jinki will be here any moment." Mrs. Lee, Jinki's mother said.

 

Queen Ara looked around the Cathedral. It is beginning to get full because people keep coming in. Of course this is an exclusive wedding. Even the media wasn't given the invitation. They are outside dying to get the first scoop once the wedding is done and those huge doors open presenting the newly weds. Only those with the invitations are present so normally the goverment officials and their families are here and of course the bride and the groom's families.

Which mean Sunny and Tiffany are both present with the latter's lover in tow since Taeyeon will be accompanying Yoona to the airport.

 

"I am still surprised with what Yoona said." Tiffany said to Yuri. "She's going to Paris to celebrate uncle and auntie's anniversary. I mean it's not like it's tomorrow or the day after that but today."

 

Yuri chuckled a little. "You know Yoona. It probably slipped her mind. Even Taeyeon had no idea about it."

 

Tiffany shrugs. She hooked her arm over Yuri's as they wait for the ceremony to begin. Her brother and father are right beside them but Tiffany wasn't shy displaying her affections for Yuri.

 

On the other hand, Sunny slid her palms over her white cocktail dress. She was put as a bridesmaid by Queen Ara alongside Soojung who is right beside lost in her deep thoughts. They were in the hotel suite where Sooyeon is doing her preparation, waiting for her to come out.

 

"How do I look?" She asked the younger one but it seem like Soojung is too engrossed with her thoughts so Sunny gave her a nudge. "Hey."

 

Soojung snapped from her trance and veered her gaze back to her cousin. "Did you say something unnie?"

 

"I was asking you how I look."

 

"Oh. You look very beautiful unnie. If your girlfriend is here she would have drooled over you."

 

Sunny chuckled at her cousin's over compliment but also with how right her statement is. She can really imagine her Taeyeon drooling over her.

 

"Thank you." She then noticed that her cousin returned to her earlier trance. "Hey. I've been noticing that something has been bothering you. Is there something wrong?"

 

Soojung prolonged a sigh. "Jinki oppa told me something."

 

"Jinki? The groom? What is it?"

 

"Tell me unnie... Do you know anything if there is something going on between my sister and your girlfriend's cousin?"

 

Sunny flinched a little, taken aback with an unexpected question. "What are you talking about?" She played stupid.

 

"Oh come on unnie. Don't tell me you don't know about her relationship with Yoona unnie."

 

"I really don't know what you're talking about-"

 

"I heard you talking on the phone earlier unnie. I believe you were talking to Yoona unnie since I heard her name. You kept on asking her if not attending unnie's wedding is the right choice. Why is that?"

 

"Soojung-"

 

"Just tell me the truth unnie. If you see Sooyeon unnie... She's so down right now and if she finds out Yoona unnie will never return...she'll be devastated."

 

"Wait... What do you mean Yoona will never return?"

 

Soojung sat in one of the seats feeling very dejected. "Once Yoona unnie leaves the country she won't return anymore."

 

Sunny's mouth fell open as tons of things rushed through her head. "T-That cannot be... Why would Yoona do that?"

 

"Because she loves Sooyeon unnie so much that she would rather let go her and love her from afar than make her choose between dreams and relationship."

 

Sunny bit her lower lip in contemplation and her silence gave the answer Soojung was looking for.

 

"You know."

 

Sunny lifted her head to look her in the eye. "Yes, I know about it."

 

Soojung let another long sigh. "I feel really bad for Sooyeon unnie."

 

Sunny didn't hear whatever her cousin was trying to say because she was focus on dialling a contact. She anxiously put her phone against her ear praying that her dear girlfriend will pick up.

 

"Taeyeon!" says Sunny, startling both the ranting Soojung and the person on the other line.

 

"My god Sunny, I'm driving-"

 

"You're driving? You mean you're driving Yoona to the airport?"

 

"No, I mean driving to the cathedral where the wedding will take place."

 

"What? You told me me you will take Yoona to the airport?"

 

"I did but she insisted that she'll go on her own and that I just go attend the wedding so that I can tell her the story."

 

Sunny was confused for a moment. "Wait. Only the Royal Family are the one responsible giving away invitation. Did Sooyeon invite you?"

 

"No, actually it's Princess Soojung. The invitation is supposed to be Yoona's but Yoona gave it to me while packing earlier. She told me to accompany you and then attend the wedding so that I can tell her the story."

 

Sunny side eyed her cousin who was trying to listen to her conversation with Taeyeon by pressing her ear against the back of her phone.

 

"Ask Taeyeon unnie to tell Yoona unnie not to go." Soojung mouthed to her cousin and quickly earned a nod.

 

"Hey baby," Sunny nervously nibbled her lower lip. "Can you tell Yoona not to go?"

 

"Huh? Why?"

 

"Ummm-"

 

"It's not like I can tell her. I already arrived at the venue. Where are you?"

 

"What?!" Both Soojung and Sunny shouted in unison. Soojung quickly grabbed the phone from her cousin and quickly talked to Taeyeon.

 

"What do you mean you're already at the venue?"

 

Taeyeon's pupils vertically gazed at her phone, wondering who owns this unfamiliar but sort of familiar voice. "Princess Soojung?"

 

"Yes, it's me! Now answer me, what do you mean you're at the venue already?"

 

"I already arrived here." Taeyeon followed the flow albeit still confused.

 

"What about Yoona unnie?"

 

"Yoona? She took a cab to the airport. Wait why are you guys looking for her? She's going to Paris to attend her parents' anniversary."

 

"That's a fraud!" Soojung announced. She glanced over Sunny who was shaking worriedly. "Once Yoona unnie leaves she will never come back, she will leave for good!"

 

Taeyeon was on her way to the venue, ready to present her invitation to the guards when her feet stay rooted on the ground.

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"Yoona unnie won't return, she told Jinki oppa she won't return anymore. She won't comeback so we can't let her leave."

 

Before she knew it, Taeyeon's legs dragged her back to her car in a quick pace, ignoring the fact her heels and white cocktail dress were hindering her fast movements.

 

She chucked her phone into the passenger seat as the car roared to life. Taeyeon quickly stepped on the gas and drove to the airport.

 

"Hello? Hello?! Hello?" Soojung hissed and returned the phone to her cousin Sunny. "She hung up!"

 

Sunny dialled her girlfriend's number once again but to no avail. Taeyeon wasn't picking up.

 

The two exchanged worried glance, both of their hearts beating rapidly in pure anxiousness.

 

"What did you say?"

 

Both of their eyes widened when they heard a soft but fragile voice. They turned around to see Sooyeon standing by the threshold all ready and prepared.

 

"U-unnie.."

 

Sooyeon tottered closer to Soojung, her hazel eyes shook in suppress tears. "I am asking you Soojung! What do you mean about Yoona not returning?"

 

Soojung stood there unaware of what to do. This is the very first time she has seen her sister so mad and heard the first time her authoritative tone. It sent unpleasant chills down her spine.

 

Soojung held her breath. "Y-Yoona unnie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter