Chapter 9

The Royalties:The Battle Has Just Begun(Sequel to The Royalists)

 

I walked up the steps and knocked on the door. A guard opened it. Once he realized it was me, he bowed and let me in. He went to get the boys I suppose. Suddenly I saw a little blonde boy run up to me.

“Where have you been missy?! We missed you!” Sungjong said and squeezed me.

“You...dyed your hair?” It was blonde, like L.Joe's.

He nodded. “Ya like?”

I nodded and smiled. “You look like a girl.”

“I know.”

 

The rest of the boys walked in, and Dongwoo's hair was red like fire.

The others had slightly different styles as well.

“What'd you all do to your hair?!”

“Why, you don't like it?” Sungyeol asked, pouting and smoothing his hair.

“No, I do like it.”

“We just thought we'd try something different. So what brings you here?” Sunggyu asked.

“I just thought I owe Woohyun an explanation...”

“I heard about what happened. Kind of a surprise huh? I'm just glad I wasn't a candidate, or I would be sure I wouldn't win against TOP Empire.” Woohyun said.

“Can I speak with you?”

He nodded and led me to a different room.

 

Once we sat down, I took a deep breath to calm myself.

“What's up?”

“I just needed to get away from everything, and this was the first place I could think of. You're the only person that actually listens to me, and supports me in everything. That's what I need right now.”

Woohyun's face turned serious. “What happened?”

“I don't even need to say anything. They're all living in my house.”

“What?”

“I said...they're all living in my house. All of them.”

“Y-you mean...Heechul and his brothers, and L.Joe and his brothers?”

I nodded.

He sighed. “Awh man...that's not good. 2 guys, no...2 families all competing for your marriage living under one household. How the heck did that happen?!”

“My parents. My mom is obviously biased towards anyone besides Heechul, and my dad is biased towards Heechul. Their desire for either side to win, kinda got the best of them...now I'm in this big mess.”

“Well you're obviously going to pick Heechul, right?”

 

I looked at him and thought about that question that hasn't crossed my mind. The thing is...was I going to pick Heechul? Of course I would, right? I mean, I love him, he loves me. It all fits together. But if I was gonna pick him, why haven't I yet? What is holding me back from making the decision?

“It's...complicated.”

“You don't have to think about impressing your mom, or your dad or anyone else. Follow what you think is right. Follow your heart. Don't listen to anyone but yourself. If you can't be happy with yourself, then how can you expect to make others happy?”

Woohyun was right. I needed to think about me.

I hugged him. “Thanks Woohyun.”

“Not helping the whole I love you thing...”

I pulled away immediately. “Oh...sorry...”

“It's alright...well you came to get your mind off of things right? How about me and my brothers take you out on a day of fun?”

I smiled. “I'd love that.”

 

Heechul was practicing his sword skills with Kevin.

“Hyung...come on, you can do better than that!” Heechul teased.

“Just because you're angry that _____ disappeared somewhere, you shouldn't take it out on me!”

Heechul furrowed his eyebrows and did a move that caught Kevin off guard. The sword was by his throat and he stopped signaling he won.

“I win again.” Heechul smirked.

“Can I join?” a voice asked.

They both looked over and L.Joe was standing with his hands in his pockets.

“Sure...if you want to lose.” Kevin said, walking up to him.

“I'm sure I won't.” he said. “May I?” he gestured to Kevin's sword.

Kevin got the hint and gave it to L.Joe. Kevin spotted Hyungshik in the garden and ran over to him.

“Hyungshik!”

“Oh! Hyung!” He waved.

 

“So...up for a challenge?” Heechul asked.

L.Joe smirked and threw the sword in the air. He caught it swiftly.

“I'm not only good at the piano, but I'm good at fighting too.”

“No one said you were good at the piano...”

“That's true...but your girlfriend looked pretty satisfied.” L.Joe said calmly, gliding his index finger on the blade.

Heechul glared at him. This kid is really something...

“If you're so good at fighting, then why don't we fight right now?” Heechul suggested.

L.Joe grinned, walking closer to Heechul. “Winner gets the girl?”

“Winner gets no girl, since she's already mine...” Heechul said through gritted teeth.

They were face to face now.

“Why? Scared?”

Heechul chuckled. “What?”

“Scared that a little kid like me can beat an old man like you?” L.Joe asked Heechul, leaning his face even closer. There faces were inches apart and the tension grew higher.

“Fine...winner gets the girl.”

They shook hands.

 

===============

O.o  sungjong lovers, don't kill me. he's so cute with his new hair!