Chapter 16

The Royalties:The Battle Has Just Begun(Sequel to The Royalists)

 

A tear fell down my cheek as I saw the carriage leave with the love of my life.

“It's okay _____. We're here to protect you.” Hyungshik said wrapping an arm around me.

“But I can't kiss you, can I?”

“Yes you can...but Heechul hyung will kill me.”

“_____-ah! Look on the bright side. We can have oodles of fun together!” Kwanghee said clapping happily.

I glared at him. “How can you be so happy about this?! Your brother is going off to war. Why don't you go instead, huh?!”

Minwoo sighed. “_____, of course we aren't happy, but sitting around sulking isn't going to change anything. Try to look on the bright side of things.”

“Yeah. Trust hyung. He's never lost a fight in his life...” Dongjoon added.

“Well...except for that one with L.Joe...” Hyungshik muttered. Minwoo hit him.

“Not helping.”

“See?! And he's going against him! OTTOKE?!” I sobbed and ran away.

“Pabo...” Dongjoon muttered to Hyungshik before walking away.

 

That night, it took me hours before I could go to sleep. I couldn't stop worrying. Once I finally fell asleep, I was awoken by a sound.

I shot up and looked at my door.

My door was open. Someone popped up at the foot of my bed.

It was Dongjoon. He put his fingers to his lips.

“What are you doing?” I whispered.

He pointed to the door. “Someone's here.” My eyes widened. I slowly got off the bed and hid behind it. Dongjoon crouched down and slowly crawled to me.

 

“What the is up with the guards in this household?” Dongjoon cursed.

“Well sorry, that my guards aren't skilled and perfect as yours. We have skilled farmers, not battle fairies.” I snapped.

He rolled his eyes.

“So what are we going to do?” I asked him.

“Well my brothers are slowly monitoring the hallways. They had me come in here because I'm small and fast.”

“How many of them are here?”

“I don't know...I saw one body, but I'm sure there are more of them.”

“Them?”

“I don't know what they are. They are wearing all black and move so fast. Probably specially trained warriors. Only SM Empire has them.” [a/n ninjas under SM! :D *high-five for the irony*]

“SM Empire?!” My eyes widened. We had just beat them in the war, thanks to Star Empire's help.

 

Suddenly, Dongjoon collapsed in front of me. There was a dart in his neck.

What the ?!

I stood up and scanned the room. No one was there. I slowly walked to the door, hoping to find Hyungshik or someone. My heart was about to come out of my chest. Fear was raising inside me as I scanned the hallway. I put my hands to my mouth to stop myself from screaming when I saw Hyungshik, Minwoo and Kwanghee sprawled out in the hallway. Their bodies were right in front of each of their rooms. I went to the railing to look down. All the guards were down too.

What is happening?
 

I heard footsteps behind me. I quickly turned around. A guy wearing all black walked closer to me.

“Don't worry sweatheart, they aren't dead. Just a little...you know, out of it at the moment.” he said.

I slowly started to move backwards, then I quickly turned around and started running.

Suddenly, I felt a sharp pain in the side of my neck and right before I fell to the ground one name escaped my lips, “Heechul.”

 

I could feel myself regaining consciousness. I groaned and opened my eyes. I was in a dark room. The walls were brick and the ground was cement and very cold. I sat up and scanned the room. My eyes widened when I saw Hyungshik, Kwanghee, Minwoo and Dongjoon all lying in different places of the room as if someone just threw them there. I was about to run to them when I felt a sharp pain in my neck and my body ached.

“I wouldn't do that if I were you. It's only going to make it worse.” my head turned to the voice.

It was Changjo.

“What are you doing here?” I asked him. Then I realized L.Joe was next to him.

“We're trapped here, just like you are.” Changjo sighed.

“What the heck did they do to us?” I asked, as I rubbed my neck.

“Sleeping darts. Courtesy of SM Empire. They teamed up with us.” Changjo answered.

I scoffed. “Just because we won that war. Damn them. Wait...why are you two even here?”

“We objected to the decision of kidnapping you all, so they locked us in here.” L.Joe explained.

“Tch...your family has issues.”

“We know.” they both answered.

 

============

welcome to the dark side...muahahaha.

hahaha just kidding. :)

comment please. :D