Chapter 6

The Royalties:The Battle Has Just Begun(Sequel to The Royalists)

 

We walked down the steps and he opened the carriage for me.

“Uh...can we walk?” I asked him.

His eyes widened but then he nodded. I liked walking better ever since I experienced it with Hyungshik. It's more refreshing.

We walked through the streets and the townspeople greeted me. I greeted back with all smiles.

Suddenly L.Joe wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me to him.

“What the--” I was about to yell at him when I realized a large cart had went out of control and almost hit me.

“Are you okay?” He asked me, looking into my eyes.

I gulped, getting lost in them. I eventually nodded and pulled away from him.

 

We continued to walk down the streets. My face was still red from the earlier incident. If it was because of almost getting killed, or from the close contact me and L.Joe had again...I didn't know. It's the first one...yeah...the first one.

No it's not. Stop lying to yourself, that voice in my head said again.

“Shut up.” I muttered.

“Huh?” L.Joe looked at me.

“Nothing...it's nothing.”

 

L.Joe suddenly smiled.

“What?”

“Oh nothing. I'm just enjoying this moment.”

I raised an eyebrow.

“Come on...look at the view in front of us.” He told me. “Look at all those guys totally jealous of me right now, walking through the streets with a gorgeous, awesome girl like you. If I was Heechul, I'd never lose you.”

“Then why don't you give up?”

He stopped and took my hand. “Because knowing that makes my ambition for you stronger.” he whispered huskily before dragging me into the restaurant.

My eyes widened at the sudden pull.

 

We sat at a table. I already knew what I was gonna order since I've been to this restaurant a million times.

After ordering, silence took over.

“Have you heard? Your empire won the war.” L.Joe told me.

“WHAT?! How do you know?!” I practically screamed.

L.Joe pointed to the table of soldiers sitting behind him. “Looks like the news just came out.” He smiled.

I smiled. “How can we win already?! It's only been like a day!”

He shrugged. “I guess Star Empire's soldiers really made a difference. Congrats.”

“Wait...that means Heechul can come back!” I squealed in delight.

His smiled faded.

“Ah!” I clapped.

“Well I guess it looks like I gotta make this night enjoyable...” he muttered.

 

After dinner, I thought we were going home but we weren't.

“Where are we going?” I asked him.

“The Main Square. On my way here, I saw the big fountain. I want to look at the architecture.”

I tilted my head.

“You like architecture?”

He chuckled. “You don't know what TOP Empire is famous for?”

“Like...painting right?”

“That's one of the reasons. Our Empire dominates in the arts. Anything from music like singing, and instruments to art like painting and sculptures. I'm more interested in sculptures and architecture.”

“Oh yeah! Isn't that famous actor from TOP Empire? I saw his name in a newspaper before.”

“Oh yeah. Eric hyung! He's a close friend of mine...” L.Joe smiled.

“Wah...cool...”

 

We arrived at the fountain. It was my first time seeing it so up close. And the architecture was impressive. A bolt of adrenaline went through my spine as I touched the carvings. I realized this is the farthest I've gone from my parents lack of knowledge where I am. Well I've been to places with other royal families, but this was different, much different. And it seriously felt SO great. I felt...free.

 

“What are you smiling about?” L.Joe asked me.

“I like being away from the eyes of my parents and this high class life. Sometimes I just want to live in my own little house in the back country living my life, and how I want to. Like go to school, grow up making mistakes so I can learn from them. Then marrying a great husband and have kids running around making us happy. Doesn't it sound great?” I spilled my feelings to him. I don't know why but I knew that I could rely on him to listen.

“That life sounds perfect. Almost exactly how I want to live my life. Except I would want a wife and not a husband.” he chuckled.

I laughed and was about to sit on the fountain edge when L.Joe stopped me. He took off his jacket and put it on the edge.

I smiled and sat down. “Thanks.”

 

L.Joe opened his mouth to say something when someone walked towards us.

“Well look at this beauty...” someone said.

L.Joe stood up and walked in front of me.

“Yeah man...look at those legs.” another said and tried to touch me.

I screamed and clutch to L.Joe's back.

It was dark, and they couldn't see my face well.

“Yah, don't touch the Princess!” L.Joe spat.

The guys chuckled. “Princess? The Princess is in her big fancy palace dining with her dad that calls himself a king while we're out here working our butts off for their luxury.”

I gasped. Is that how the town looks at us?!

 

As the men got closer I could smell their breath. They were drunk. Really drunk. Well...that explains it because they would never mess with me.

L.Joe grabbed my hand tightly. I got the message.

L.Joe punches both of the guys in the face and we bolted.

We ran down the street. I heard the men's footsteps right behind us. Suddenly he pulled me in between two buildings. The buildings were close...therefore we were close.

 

We stood frozen waiting for the footsteps to pass us. Once it did, we sighed. I hadn't realized I was holding my breath for that long. I almost died three times today...THREE. That's a new ing record.

“Are you okay?” He whispered.

I nodded.

His hand brushed against my face and tucked loose hair behind my ear. I stared at his eyes. But as the seconds ticked by, it shifted to his lips.

Hmm...he does have nice lips, that voice in my head said.

Nope girl...that was all you.

He started to lean in. Just as our lips were about to touch, I snapped out of my trance and whispered, “Stop.”

He obeyed.

I slid out from between him and the building.

“Th-thanks for tonight.”

I turned around and started walking home. I didn't care if those guys came back took me. I'll already dying of guilt. He almost kissed. And...I almost let him.

Finally you're not lying to yourself anymore...

“Shut up before I smack you.”

I'm in your head, you can't smack me!

“Yes I can.” I mentally smacked it.

Ow..ow...okay. I'll leave. You'll miss me.

 

I walked up the steps and into my room.

Maybe L.Joe really is my knight in shining armor...

 

=====================

:D

comments puhhh-leeeez.

boost my motivation!