Chapter 13

The Royalties:The Battle Has Just Begun(Sequel to The Royalists)

 

We walked to the palace just in time for dinner. To my surprise, everyone was there. Even Heechul and Eunji. L.Joe and I awkwardly walked in and sat down.

“So are you and L.Joe a couple now?!” Ricky asked.

CAP elbowed him and gave him a shut the up face.

“_____, you're going to the ball at our palace right?” Chunji asked me.

I nodded. He smiled.

“Yah, aren't you going to invite us?” Siwan asked.

“No.” Niel said.

Eunji hit him in the back of the head. “OW!”

“Of course you guys are invited! Oppa, you're gonna come right?”

Oppa, you're gonna come right?” I mocked in my head.

Everyone turned to look at me.

Wait...did I say that out loud?

Ricky giggled and Taehun chuckled.

“Hehe...” I grinned and continued to eat my dinner. I mentally smacked myself.

I saw Heechul smirk. I totally knew what he was thinking. She's jealous.

Tch...how childish...

 

It was time for the ball.

“_____! You have to tell me all about it okay?! Don't use the excuse, 'oh I'm too tired' again! Araso?” Gayoon said.

“Araso...araso...” I said as I added a little more power.

“Stop!” Hyuna said. “Don't you remember? You look better without make-up.”

“It's only a little...” I guess Kwanghee is starting to grow on me...

 

I walked out of the palace and into my carriage. I went alone because L.Joe, his brothers and his sister had just left today, to my happiness and Heechul and his brothers would be leaving tomorrow. It would be quiet around the house, but it's better without all the drama.

After about an hour we arrived at his palace. The driver opened the door and my eyes widened. His palace was beautiful. The architecture was amazing. I've never seen anything like it.

I walked down the long path that led to the entrance. There was a big water fountain. It reminded me of the one in town square.

I walked in the palace and someone led me to a big room. My eyes widened. The room was decorated beautifully and there was a orchestra on stage playing music. There were many people there. L.Joe was right, every empire was invited. Not only the heir of each empire was there, but also their brothers and sisters.

 

“_____!” I turned my head toward the voice and saw Woohyun waving and his brothers were behind him. I waved back and smiled. I walked up to them.

“Wow you look great!” He complimented.

“Thanks you too.”

“Aye, whose this pretty lady?!” Hoya said.

I chuckled.

I felt an arm around my waist. I looked to my right and saw L.Joe smiling down at me.

“Hey.”

I smiled. “Hey.”

“You look absolutely stunning.” he whispered in my ear.

I blushed. “Thanks.”

Woohyun gave me a look. I stared at him trying to comprehend what that look meant.

“Do you want to dance?” L.Joe asked me, snapping me out of the psychological conversation with Woohyun.

“Uh, sure.”

He led me to the dance floor. I put my hand in his and the other on his shoulder. His other hand was lightly touching my waist. We glided along the dance floor. Our feet were moving in perfect synchronization.

 

A voice stopped us.

“May I?” It was Niel.

L.Joe nodded and gave Niel my hand.

“Did hyung really pick out that dress for you?” Niel asked as we started dancing. Niel was a more graceful dancer than L.Joe.

I nodded.

“Wow...he has better taste than I thought.” he laughed.

I chuckled.

 

Soon another voice stopped us.

“May I?” This time it was Chunji.

Niel nodded and gave Chunji my hand. He wrapped his arm around my waist and we started dancing.

“Looks like you're the most popular princess. Had three dance partners already.” he joked.

I smiled.

“You know...L.Joe's lucky to have you.”

“Huh?”

“You see...we grew up lonely. We never made alliances with any empire, therefore no one ever came over. We never got close with anyone. L.Joe is lucky he has you. He might be stupid sometimes but it's only because he doesn't know how to socialize. Neither do we. So give him a chance.” Chunji told me.

My eyes widened. I had no idea.

 

I started to get thirsty. I assume Chunji noticed and led me to the table where I'll be dining. I sat down and took a long drink of water. Chunji left to go find his brothers. I stood up and decided to roam the place, to see if I could find Woohyun and ask him what that look he gave me meant.

Soon I saw their table. It was in the back corner where the light didn't hit it very well. I started to bump into people so I went to side instead. Suddenly, a hand was clamped over my mouth and a deep voice whispered, “Don't scream.”

Then he pulled me into the shadows.

 

===========

muahaha. *insert evil laugh here*