Chapter 17

The Royalties:The Battle Has Just Begun(Sequel to The Royalists)

 

I was sitting in a corner, exhausted. I was thirsty, and tired. The other boys still haven't woken up yet, Changjo was asleep and I refused to talk to L.Joe.

“_____.” he called.

I turned my head the other direction.

“_____.” he called again.

I folded my arms.

“_____~~~~” he said using aegyo. I had to admit...it was cute.

I turned my head slightly to look at him and he was pouting and shaking his shoulders.

“What?” I answered as rude as possible.

“Stop ignoring me~”

“Why should I?”

He scooted closer to me, dragging his on the ground. In my mind I chuckled a bit, but I kept a poker face on. He deserved to be ignored. Hell, he deserved to be trapped in a whole with an Eunji forever.

 

Once he got to me he spoke.

“I know it was wrong to trick you and I'm sorry for that, but in the end I fell for you. So I wasn't pretending anymore.”

I kept silent, seeing if he had anything more to say.

“Also I rebelled against fathers orders for your safety and I ended up getting throw in here.”

“You could just be saying that. You know, so you'll be on my good side and then do something hasty.” I said.

“Look at me...I'm hungry, I smell funny and my back hurts from lying on the ground for so long. I wouldn't go to this extreme just to trick you.”

“Yes you would. You slept in my house just to trick me.” I pointed out.

“Yeah. I wouldn't have done it for that long, but I fell in love with you. That's how I managed to stay. Plus, we're in a war already...it's too late to do anything now.”

I looked at him suspiciously.

“Fine...I'll stop ignoring you, but doesn't mean I'm going to be nice to you.”

He sighed. “That's a start.”

“AND don't think I'm ever going to think about marrying you because I'm not.”

“Trust me...I knew that since the day I met you.”

I tilted my head.

“How you look at Heechul...I know you love him. And no matter what I do, I can't compete with him. Deep inside, I gave up awhile ago. But on the outside, I knew I couldn't. I had to fight for you. I couldn't live with myself if I didn't try.”

I softened at his words.

I was going to speak when a noise interrupted me.

 

“Ah~” Dongjoon groaned rubbing his neck.

L.Joe and I turned our heads to look at him.

Dongjoon noticed his surroundings and quickly woke up his brothers.

“What the hell?” Minwoo asked, rubbing his neck also.

Hyungshik and Kwanghee just sat up and squinted.

“Morning guys...” I said.

“It's morning?” Changjo asked. I hadn't noticed that he was up.

I shrugged. I lost track of time since there were no windows in this room.

 

Once they noticed Changjo and L.Joe were in the room they immediately stood up and put up their fists.

“Yah yah! Get away from her!” Hyungshik yelled.

L.Joe put his hands up. “Dude...I'm here for the same reason you are. I'm not going to do anything.”

I nodded. “Yeah...guys, stop. They aren't going to do anything.” I reassured.

They all exchanged glances and shrugged.

“How long have we been in here?” Minwoo asked.

I shrugged. “I have no idea.”

“Well...me and L.Joe have been in here ever since the ball ended...so maybe a couple hours? But for us, it's almost been a day.” Changjo explained.

“You mean...your own brothers locked you up?” Dongjoon asked.

They nodded.

“You're family needs some serious help.” Kwanghee scoffed.

“We know.” They chorused.

 

Suddenly, the door burst open. Men walked in. I didn't know who they were.

“Oh...so you all are up?” One asked and walked over to Hyungshik.

“Hey...I remember you. During war, you killed my friend.” he said to him.

Hyungshik smirked. “Yeah...I remember you too. He wasn't much competition. It's too bad you ran away. I could've finished you off too.”

The man was about to punch Hyungshik when someone held him back.

“Key...not worth it.” he said.

Key brushed himself off and straightened his back.

“Jonghyun hyung, you know Key hyung hates it when you do that.” a little one said.

“If he has a problem then we can discuss it later...” Jonghyun said.

Key looked at Jonghyun and smiled.

I raised an eyebrow. They're weirder than L.Joe's family...

 

“Who are you guys?” Minwoo asked.

“SM Empire's best fighters.” the little one said.

“Taemin...we're the best fighters.” the tall one corrected.

“HA! Yeah right. I bet Heechul hyung could kick all of yall's .” Kwanghee said.

“Oh...is he that one general? Located at.....” the fifth guy pondered.

“Seoul field.” Dongjoon finished his sentence.

“Man, we fried that battle.” Jonghyun said.

My eyes widened and I stood up. “WHAT?” I screamed.

 

The five guys turned to look at me. The tall one smirked and walked over to me.

“Pretty...” he said, “My type...”

“Minho...everyone is your type.”

“Shut up Onew hyung and go eat a chicken or something...” Minho snapped.

Then he touched my cheek.

“Don't touch her.” I looked over and L.Joe was snarling at Minho, ready to prance at him in any minute.

Minho backed away. “Sorry man...didn't know she was your lady.”

I scoffed. “I am SO not his lady...”

 

“What are you guys even doing in here anyways?” Changjo asked.

“To keep you company. I mean...we're winning all the battles so they don't even need us.” Key said.

“Yeah...Leeteuk hyung said he'd come in here to bring you guys food later...” Jonghyun added.

“I don't want your food!” Minwoo yelled at them.

“Hey hey...our chef's are the amazing...” Changjo said.

I shook my head.

Their empire locked up their own heir and maknae. These boys act like nothing is going on and they're 'keeping us company', while I'm worried sick for Heechul and the battle. This atmosphere seems sinister in a way that I can't even point out.

Life is so twisted.

What the hell is wrong with the world?

 

===================

sorry i didn't update yesterday. i got home late from rehearsal. :/

and honestly, i'm not satisfied with this chapter at all. i'm sick, and i just took some nyquil so my eye lids are like halfway down...but i don't think i can sleep well if i knew i'd have to keep you guys waiting another day. i'm a committed author. :D but sorry for any grammatical errors. :/ tried my best.

as for now...

good night~~

(or good morning if you live on the otherside of the world. :D)