Chapter 14

The Royalties:The Battle Has Just Begun(Sequel to The Royalists)

 

My eyes widened and I slowly turned my head to see who it was.

“Heechul?! What the hell?” I hit him.

“Shh!”

“What?!”

“Look around...” he whispered.

I looked around the room. Everything seemed normal.

 

“Do you see the guards?” he asked me.

I looked at the men, standing guard around the room. I nodded.

“Do those uniforms ring a bell?”

My eyes widened.

It can't be. The attack, at Heechul's palace, TOP Empire was behind it?

“It can't be...” I whispered.

“_____, we have to get you the hell out of here.” he said, pulling on my wrist.

“No...you're wrong. It's just a misunderstanding.” I denied.

“Open your eyes! They were the ones!”

“Why...? Why would L.Joe lie if he wants me dead?” I asked myself.

Heechul growled and started pulling me towards the exit.

“STOP!” I screamed.

Everyone turned to look at our direction. We froze. Heechul then picked me up bridal style and ran out of the room. All of the guards followed suit. I turned back and Heechul's brothers were running in our direction too. Heechul put me down, grabbed my hand and we ran for it.

 

Changjo appeared in front of us.

We gasped and stopped.

“No. I'm trying to help you.” he said throwing his hands up.

“What?” Heechul asked suspiciously.

“I don't want to be apart of this, honestly. Follow me.” he whispered and gestured us to go with him.

We were desperate so we followed. He led us into a dark room.

“The windows over there.” he pointed. “I'll go stall my brothers.” he said and walked out of the room.

We heard footsteps.

We held our breaths.

Silence.

We let out a sigh of relief.

Heechul tried to open the window. “...it's stuck.” he pulled on it more. He finally got it open.

He grabbed my hand and just as I was about to step outside, the lights . All the guards were surrounding us. Heechul's brothers squeezed between them and in front of us.

“Yah! You guys attacked us! Because of you when had to get our house remodeled!” Dongjoon yelled.

“Our highness's orders ..” a soldier said.

 

Suddenly L.Joe came in the room.

“What's going on here?” he asked. Once he noticed the situation, his eyes widened. Then his brothers showed up behind him.

They were all smirking, except for Changjo and L.Joe. Changjo mouthed, 'Sorry, I tried.'

“Oh...so you found out, huh?” Chunji asked.

“You should've at least had your guards change outfits, idiots.” Kwanghee snapped.

“What is going on?” I managed to say out loud.

“We had this all planned out. Yes, it was us that sent the attack to _____. If she's dead, you'd have no choice but to come to our empire and marry our sister. TOP Empire is the next best after Malian. When we found out the attack failed, we decided to find a new way to get her, is to win her. Since you guys wanted her so bad, we could fight for her too, right?” CAP explained.

 

It all made sense now. Why Changjo was so cold and distant. He didn't want to be apart of his brothers scheme. I always thought that he was the bad guy, or because he hated me. Also it made sense now why everyone seemed so nice to me. They were just trying to get close to me. And I fell right into their trap. How could I be so stupid? Nothing in this world is that great. Everything has a down side.

 

“But you'd want her for the wrong reasons.” Heechul said through gritted teeth.

“Correct me if I'm wrong. In the beginning, you only wanted her for her farmers too.” Niel said.

“Oh...don't try to reverse the situation! You just want her so that we can't!” Siwan yelled.

“Of course, without the food and nutrition, your empire was going to fall someday.” Ricky said smiling. Somehow...that smile wasn't so cute anymore.

 

I looked at L.Joe. “Is this true?”

He looked away. I gawked at him. “Oh my god...” I walked up to him and slapped him. “You...you...bastard! You made me fall for you.” Tears fell down my cheeks. “You made me trust you. You hugged me, took care of me...kissed me...and I kissed back...” I looked down, ashamed of myself.

“_____...” L.Joe whispered walking towards me, with a pink cheek.

“Get away from me. You all are sick people.” I said walking backwards.

“_____!”

“I said get away from me!”

“It's all true! I did help trick you. But in the process...I fell for you. I don't know how it happened, but it did. I love you, _____.” he said.

“WHAT?” his brothers yelled.

“You what?” Hyungshik asked, then scoffed. “Unbelievable...”

 

“I declare war.” a voice said.

Our heads turned towards the voice. It was Junyoung. He stepped up.

“I declare war on TOP Empire” he repeated.

“What? Just for her?” Chunji asked, pointing at me.

Junyoung shook his head. “You...” Junyoung poked CAP's chest. “...let your soldiers onto our property and destroyed it. Killing some of our soldiers in the process, AND...almost got us killed.”

CAP stepped up. “Bring it.”

 

=============

hehehe... :)