Chapter 12

The Royalties:The Battle Has Just Begun(Sequel to The Royalists)

 

L.Joe's POV

She ran out of the room and I followed her.

“_____!” I called.

She ran to Heechul, who was still standing by the window.

“Heechul...” she whispered.

I looked my sister. She smiled and grabbed Heechul's arm.

I shook my head. My sister is really unbelievable.

“You know, you guys really make a cute couple.” she grinned.

“Shut up Eunji.” I snapped. She really was taking this too far.

“H-how much did you see?” _____ stuttered.

“Enough.” Heechul glared.

“We saw L.Joe come in and wrap his arms around you, and then kiss your neck, and then kiss again...” my sister listed.

I gave her a glare to shut her up.

“Come on...” Heechul said, then started to walk away.

“Does this mean...we aren't...” _____ couldn't manage to finish the sentence.

“Do you really have to ask that question?” Heechul snapped at her.

My eyes widened. Damn...

Then they walked away. “So oppa, do you want ice cream?” I heard Eunji ask in her annoying voice when she is trying too hard to be cute.

 

_____ stood there with her head down. I turned her around and saw a tear drop. I wiped it away with my thumb. I held her to my chest and let her calm down.

“It's okay...I'm here...” I her head. “Why don't we go somewhere? You take your mind off of things.” I babbled, to help keep her mind off of Heechul.

“We could...I don't know, go to a art show, or a musical! How about we continue making pots. That was fun...or we could go to a--”

“Shut up.” she told me.

“Huh?”

“Shut up.”

“Okay...”

“Shut up and kiss me.”

I looked down at her. She looked at me with those big, brown, watery eyes.

“Gladly...”

I leaned down and pulled her up to me. She grabbed my collar and pulled me even closer, if that was even possible. She kissed me back.

Finally...

I deepened the kiss and she didn't object. After a couple of seconds, she pulled away, much to my disappointment. She hugged my waist and I wrapped my arms around her.

“So is that invitation still open?” she asked me.

“Invitation?”

“To go somewhere. Get my mind off of things.”

“Of course.”

“Let's go then.”

 

_____'s POV

We made some more bowls in the pottery before going to a musical. Our musicals probably aren't as good as the ones in his empire, but he said they were pretty good. The musical was about star crossed lovers. Original, isn't it?

I thought about Heechul even though I knew I shouldn't. I thought about it, and it's all my fault. If I only would've been more demanding and pushed L.Joe away from me instead of inviting him in my life. Although...if L.Joe just stayed away none of this would've happened.

I looked at him. He felt my eyes on him and he looked back at me. He smiled, winked and turned back to the front. I shook my head. I can't believe I even thought about that. It's definitely not his fault. He's just doing what he has to do.

I sighed and turned back to the front and continued to watch the two lovers reunite.

 

L.Joe took my hand and led me to a clothing store.

“L.Joe, what are we doing here?”

“To buy you a totally beautiful dress.” he said looking through the clothing racks.

“Why?”

“Because you...” he tapped the tip of my nose with his index finger, “...are invited to the ball.”

“Ball?”

“Yes. It's going to be at my palace. All the princes, princess's, and heirs will be there.”

“Chincha? Sounds fun! I haven't been to a ball since I was...9?”

“That's why we have to make this night special!”

I smiled and we looked around for a dress. “You know...we don't have to do all this. I have plenty of dresses at home. Some I haven't even worn yet!”

“But I want to pick one out for you. Please?” He pouted.

I gave in. “Okay okay...”

He smiled, kissed my cheek and continued to look for a dress. I chuckled at the sight. It sure looked funny seeing a male shopping for dresses.

 

We walked for about 20 minutes. “L.Joe...I think we should just give up and go another place.” I suggested.

“Yeah maybe we should try the place--” he stopped mid-sentence.

“What is it?”

He handed me a dress and pushed me towards the fitting room...which was only a curtain...

“Try it.”

I slipped the dress on and smiled in satisfaction. Not because of how I looked, but because this dress didn't have a corset. But actually...this dress wasn't that bad.

[Imagine this...but with less ruffles http://www.weddingsonthefrenchriviera.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/picture8-2.png ]

 

I walked out of the fitting...err...curtain and twirled around.

L.Joe's face brightened. “You look breath-taking.” he said and walked up to me.

“But my hair's not even done, and I don't have make up on.”

“Who says you need all that?” he grinned.

I suddenly thought of Heechul when he told me that I looked better without make-up and my hair done. L.Joe was about to kiss me but I turned around and muttered, “I'm gonna go change...”

“Uh, okay...” he scratched his head.

 

I walked out and was about to pay but L.Joe stopped me. “Already took care of it.”

“Why?” I pouted.

He shrugged. “I want you to know that I can take care of you.”

“Doesn't mean you have to buy me stuff.”

He looked into my eyes. “I can do much more. Like wipe your tears, heal your wounds, hold your hand, kiss your lips, your hair, be your man.”

I felt my heart melt.

“I want to be yours. I want to be your prince, your soldier. I want to be the person you wake up to every morning. I can be here for you, you just have to let me enter your heart.”

I stared at him, trying to find words to say.

“Will you?” he asked me.

After a moment of thinking, I finally nodded.

 

===========

things are gonna happen REAL soon. *smirks* :D stay tuned my lovelies.