Chapter 15

The Royalties:The Battle Has Just Begun(Sequel to The Royalists)

 

Once we finally got out of there, I decided to go home. I mean...wouldn't you?

Heechul decided to accompany me since he didn't want me to go alone. Who knows what could happen?

 

The carriage ride was silent. I couldn't take the silence anymore so I scooted closer to him and put my head on his shoulder.

“I missed you.” I whispered, almost inaudible.

He put his arm around me. “I missed you too.”

“Promise to not let anyone get between us again?” I held out my pinky.

“Who says I want you back?”

I gawked at him.

He smiled. “Just kidding.” he pinched my nose, and he wrapped his pinky around mine.

He leaned down and kissed me.

Oh man, how I missed those lips of his.

 

I woke up and studied my surroundings. I was in my room. I must've fell asleep in the carriage. I felt an arm around my waist. I quickly turned over, and I calmed down when I realized it was Heechul. I smiled to myself as I watched his sleeping face. Suddenly he started sleep talking. I giggled and kissed his lips. His eyes fluttered open and he smiled once he found out it was me that woke him up.

I pouted and sat up. “Who gave you permission to sleep in my bed?”

“Me.”

I pouted more.

“Come on...you know you liked waking up to this face.”

I gave in. “Okay...maybe I did.”

He laughed and tackled me down on the bed and started poking me.

“Ah! Stop!”

“Fine...but let's go back to bed. I'm tired.” he said wrapping his arm around me and nuzzling his face in my hair.

 

After a minute or two someone burst into the room.

“GOOD MORNING LOVE BIRDS!” Kwanghee yelled. We both looked up.

“How'd you get in the house?”

“Through the door...duh.” Kwanghee paused. “Did you guys........?”

Heechul and I looked at each other and moved away.

“No no no!” We both said.

“Mmhmm...sure...” Kwanghee mocked while walking out of the room.

I chuckled at his immaturity.

“I really got to find him a girlfriend...” Heechul muttered.

 

I washed up in my bathroom as Heechul washed up in another.

I opened the drawer in my bathroom to get out some skin product when I saw the note that L.Joe had given me awhile back.

I glared at it then picked it up. I opened it, read it, then crumbled it and threw it in a random direction.

I don't care if he says he loves me. What he did was cruel. What they all did was cruel.

 

I was putting cream on my face when Heechul walked in with the note.

“What's this?” he asked.

“It's just a note that L.Joe wrote me a long time ago. Just throw it out. Or burn it.”

“I can't believe it was him. They all were living under your roof, and I was living with them. The irony is just killing me.”

“I hate them.”

“This isn't the best time to tell you this...but I have to leave for war again.”

I shot up. “WHAT? No no. I'm not letting you. You're staying with me. You're not leaving!” I said hugging his waist.

“I have to. We have 6 war fields. They need a general.”

“Why can't one of your brothers do it?”

He gave me a look. “You know I need to, _____. Kevin, Junyoung, Siwan, and Taehun are taking the other five. I can't have Kwanghee, Minwoo, Shik, and Dongjoon be generals. They aren't cut out for it.”

“I'm not letting you go.”

“They will be here to protect you. It will be like I'm not even gone.”

“So you're going to let one of them sleep with me in my bed, and I can wake up to them?”

He made a face. “No, because then I'll shove my foot up their asses.”

“See? I want you. I can't live everyday wondering if you're alive or not. I can't wonder every night before I go to bed, if you can live through one more day.”

“Looks like you're going to have to trust me.”

I looked up at him.

“Do you trust me?”

I nodded. “I do, with all my heart.”

 

======

sorry for the boring chapter! i just got a lot of stuff going on so i had to rush this!