Car Ride

Until You're Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I stirred in my sleep and squirmed around, but for some reason I couldn’t move much. Eh? I peek under one of my lashes and see Hyukjae holding onto me tightly as he slept. I smiled at him and continued to sleep peacefully in his arms, but then he stirs and groans in his sleep. His arms were pressed tightly around my waist and locked in place. I didn’t mind, but I couldn’t move much.

          “DongHae…” his voice sounded sleepy and tired.

          I exhale into his neck and he slightly shivers, “Hmm?” I shut my eyes tightly and hold onto him like there’s no tomorrow.

          “Wake up.” He says in a muffled voice. “We. Have to. Go” He paused a lot as he spoke. I figured he was still not fully awake so I just ignored him and kept holding onto him.

          “Hae…” He whispers in my ear. He nuzzles his nose on my ear and slightly whispers, “We have to go now…are you awake?” He sounded more awake, but not all the way just yet.

          I shake my head quickly and he slightly chuckles and pecks my ear.

          “Come on, we’ll be late.” He slightly shakes me in his arms, but for some reason he still didn’t move or push me away. He exhales deeply and whispers, “You’re so comfortable.”

          I blush and smile like an idiot. “You too.” I whisper and peck his neck, “But you’re right…we should go.” I slightly pull away from and face him. He looked so tired. “Happy birthday, by the way.” I smile sweetly at him.

          “Thanks.” He smiles sweetly at me.

          “Wanna shower first?”

          I nod, force myself off the bed, grab my clothes from the luggage and walk over to his bathroom, “I’ll be quick! And no falling asleep mister!” I point at him before closing the door.

          I take a quick shower then Hyukjae takes one.

          I prepare us breakfast and set his food up in a plate and place it on the table. He walks down the stairs and smiles sweetly at me, “Aw you shouldn’t have.” He grins and sits to eat. I sit beside him and smile at him before we eat.

          “So what did you dream about last night?” He asks.

          I shrug, “Stupid nightmares are really random.” I shrug.

          He rolls his eyes, “I love how you think I’m stupid DongHae,”

          I pout, “I do not!”

          “You cried like a baby after thinking I read your passages. You drew a picture of a tomb-stone like bed and you had a nightmare last night.” He stares at me, “I’m not stupid DongHae. I know something is going on, and I wish you’d trust me enough to tell me.”

          I stare at my food and all of a sudden lost my appetite, “It’s nothing, ok.” I say softly. I was seriously afraid. I don’t want him to know! I don’t want anyone to know about what happened.

          He exhales, “Let’s go.” He says, stands and leaves his plate in the dishwasher. I do the same and we walk out to his car.

          “You have the tickets, right?” I smile before we get in the car.

          He laughs and puts his seat belt on, “Of course I do,” he chuckles. “Seat belt, please. I wanna feel safe while I drive for three hours.”

          I giggle and put on my seat belt.

          He drives off and I stare out the window “You know what I was thinking about the other day?”

          I look at him and shake my head, “Have no idea.” I smile. “Tell me”

          “I was thinking about how you taught me how to paint the other day…” He smiles, “Had me thinking that maybe I should teach you how to play the piano. Seems only fair.” He grins at me.

          I smile at him, “That sounds like a good idea, but I’m not musically talented so you have to be really patient.”

          “I can be patient.” He says softly.

          I sit up straight and look around, “Hyukjae, I was just wondering….where are your parents? Why are they always gone?” I frown and stare at him, “I don’t ever remembering seeing them…well only once, but I was little.” I shrug, “You and your daddy look a lot alike.” I smile at him.

          Hyukjae smiles a  bit as he stares at the road, “He’s out exploring the world with my mother.” He makes a turn and drives into the freeway.

          “Oh…” I stare at my hands, “You miss them?”

          He chuckles, “To be honest, no.” He glances at me, “I don’t really remember what it’s like to have them around since they’re always gone.”

          “Don’t you get lonely? It’s just you and SungMin…in your house,”

          He smiles, “Lonely? Mayb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter