Count on Me

Until You're Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

~Next Day~
 

          I walk into the restaurant. Yup I work at a restaurant now! Why? To earn more money. It has helped a lot in bills and with saving up for Hyukjae’s birthday present. It’s getting much closer now. I’m so excited!
          “Hey Kibum!” I say happily as I grab my clothes to change in the bathroom.

          “Hae!! How are you?” He was already wearing his pirate costume.

          The waiters were supposed to wear pirate costumes because the restaurant serves seafood. Yum.

          I grab my little notepad and walk to a table with a couple, “Hi! I’m your waiter, what would you like for today?” I ask politely. I gave them the best smile I could manage.

          Once they told me what they wanted, I took their menus and walked off to the back. I gave the note with their order to the cook and walked off to another table.

         

          I walked through the night with Kibum by my side, “I think I have enough money now.” I say happily.

          “Oh…you’re getting his present so soon?”

          I stare at him and smile “Yup.” I shrug. “I think he’ll really like it...”
          “Well I have to go this way now…” he slightly frowns and stares at me. “Want to use my phone to call someone…?”

          I nod, “No it’s ok. I can walk by myself. I am old enough.” I laugh and Kibum stared at me, he seemed uneasy. “You sure?”

          I nod, “Mhm, just go.” I shoo him away and start walking by myself. I begin to hum a song and was lost in my thoughts. I wonder what Hyukjae is doing right now. I smile but then I heard footsteps nearby so I turn and look around. I pout, “Uhm…anyone there?” I look around but I couldn’t see anyone with the darkness of the night.

There was an eerie silence around, I look around, but decide to move forward. I could hear the footsteps nearby again so I picked up the pace and walked into the woods, “Go away!” I mutter through my teeth and begin to walk faster. I could hear branches being stepped on and being broken by the impact of the footsteps, but they weren’t my footsteps!

          The footsteps were getting closer.

          I bet it’s Kai…aish that stupid jerk.

          But I felt really uneasy, my heart beat was pounding against my chest.

          Why do I feel so…scared?

          Then I felt someone grab me and fling me to the side, the impact made me cry out in pain.

          I groan, the twigs all practically stabbed my hands causing me to whimper in pain. The pain was so strong, my hands felt numb and I unconsciously dig my hands into the dirt.

          I look over to the side and the person stopped nearby. My breath got caught in my throat and my heart stopped. “What do you want?…” It sounded like a mere whisper, I was practically shaking in fear.

          He kneels in front of me and smirks, “Why do you look so pale?” he laughs.

          I stare at the ground and sniffle, “Don’t hurt me…”

          “When have I ever?” He my cheek and I cringe at the feeling of his skin on mine. “You’ve never looked so delicious.” He pushes me down and I struggle against him as he climbs on top of me.

          “Leave me alone!” I kick my feet around and he just laughs and pins my hands up above me.

          Tears spilled from my eyes.

          Not again.

          “Just like old times.” Uncle HyunBin whispers as his lips near mine, but then suddenly he goes flying off of me. I exhale deeply, relieved but confused.

          “What the ?!” It was Kai. He was glaring at Bin, with so much anger I was afraid he’ll end up murdering him on the spot. 

         

He had pulled my uncle right off of me.

         

I stared at him, confused, but I stand up and get in front of him, “Calm down!” I tell him and he wipes away my tears and stares at me.

          I stare at him, confused.

          “Are you ok?” He asks.

          I nod.

          UncleHyunBin grabs my hand roughly and pulls me towards him, “Get lost.” He tells Kai and then Kai grips onto his knife. I shake my head rapidly and stare at him. Then he pulls me away and starts practically dragging me through the woods. “Aw !” he falls to the ground and I nearly scream when I see Kai stabbing him on his back.

          “WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?!?!” I yell at him and nearly have a mental breakdown; tears spilled from my eyes and before I could think properly Kai peels Bin’s hand from mine and throws me over his shoulder and runs off.

          I kick my feet around and struggle against Kai, “S-Stop! H-He could die from l-loss of b-blood!”

          Did I really care? YES OF COURSE I DO HE IS STILL A PART OF MY FAMILY! HIS DEATH WILL BE ON MY HEAD! The guilt will eat me alive if I don’t help him.

          “Like I ing care!” Kai yells harshly. “I hope that dies.” He puts me down and I sniffle and stare at him, “Why do you care if he lives, he practically you! If I wasn’t there…you’d be crying for a whole different reason!”

          “You don’t get it!” I was crying so heavily now. “I could never hate him or anyone! I don’t wish death upon anyone…no matter how much they hurt me.”  I hug myself and stare at my shoes.

          Kai approaches me; I frown and take a step back.

          “Remember that…”

          “What?”

          “The words you just said. Remind yourself that you could never hate anyone…you’ll need those words after tonight”

          “Why?” I stare at him, confused. What was he saying?!

          He slightly laughs, “You’ll hate me if I tell you.” He jokes and I just glare at him.

          “Spill!” I stomp my foot and pout.

          “Oh you’re so cute.” He says happily and almost my cheek but I back away from his hand. He laughs and shakes his head, “It’s good to know that you wont ever hate me, no matter what I do.”

          “It’s not just you pabo! It’s everyone.”

          Wait a minute…

          What is he gonna do that would make me hate him?

          “You love Hyukjae, huh?” he asks bitterly.

          My eyes widen.

          Oh no…

          “If you hurt Hyukjae, I swear-!” my sadness was quickly washed over with anger. I wipe my tears furiously.

          He laughs and then I hear one of his stupid friends yell out, “HE’S IN THE CAR NOW KAI HURRY THE UP!”

          My heart stops.

          Hyuk jae

          “You…you…-” I couldn’t even speak!

          Kai half smiles, “Later DongHae,” he turns but I grab his arm.

          “No don’t hurt him!”

          He peels my hand off of him, “Goodbye.” He walks off and I was frozen in place, but somehow I end up moving after him.

          He walks out until he reaches the street and all his friends were getting in the van, saying something about Hyukjae being unconscious.

Kai gets in a van and I could hear all his friends laughing.

          I stared at the back of the van and whisper, “Hyukjae…”

          The van drives off and I run after it, “Noo! DON’T HURT HIM!” I yell out but the van speeds off. I’m not giving up; I pic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter