The Lonely Little DongHae

Until You're Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Henry’s POV

         

Hyukjae just walked off without saying anything or even letting DongHae know that he listened to his song. I pout. Should I tell Donghae that Hyukjae heard him? No, that would makes things awkward and I’d much rather have Hyukjae tell him himself. “We should go now Hae” I smile at him and he looked at me; his eyes were so depressed, they revealed how hurt he was. I walk over to him and hug him tightly “I love you DongHae, so please don’t be sad.”

          He sniffles, “Thanks Mochi.” His voice breaks so I hold onto him tightly and kiss his head.

         

DongHae’s POV

 

          Henry and I got picked up from school by Amber and I was still sulking while in the car. I stared out the window, lost in my thoughts of Hyukjae, that girl and if I should just give up hope and leave him alone.

          “What’s with him?” she asks Henry.

          “He’s giving up,” Henry whispers to Amber.

          Amber frowns, “Giving up? On what?” her eyes widen, “You’re giving up on Hyukjae?! Are you crazy?!” She pulls me roughly, making me look at her, “You’ve gotten so far DongHae you can’t give up now!”

          I just stare at her, “He’ll never feel anything for me Amber he’s straight. Ok, STRAIGHT and according to everyone in the world I’m gay.” I roll my eyes, “Why can’t I just be hyukual? Since he’s the only person in this world that I’ll ever love-”

          “Have you tried to like anyone else?” Amber asks while driving, she makes a turn.

          I stare in front of me and shake my head, “No because I cant. My heart is loyal, stubborn and stupid, so it’s stuck on loving Hyukjae and only Hyukjae.”

          “That’s not a bad thing DongHae, and it doesn’t make your heart stupid but special.” She smiles sweetly at me.

          “Very special!” Henry chirps.

          I smile a bit.

          She parks the car on the garage and we all step out and walk inside the house. I throw my backpack to the side and look around, “SoHee! Where are you!” I yell and stared at the stairs expecting her to come rushing down.

          “She’s at a friend’s house.’ Amber says while walking to the kitchen.

          “Friend’s house? For what and which friend?”

          “School project.”

          “Oh.” I mutter and jump on the couch, I grab the remote and start flipping through channels but then the doorbell rings. “HENRY ANSWER THE DOOR!!!!” I yell.

          He walks over, “You couldn’t answer it because?”

          I grin at him, “My legs hurt.” I giggle and he chuckles and opens the door.

          “Hi Hyukjae!”

          My eyes widen and I sit up straight. What is he doing here?! I look around and wonder if I should run up to my room and lock myself in there.

          “Is DongHae here?” Hyukjae asks.

          Henry smiles a bit, “Maybe…” He grins, “I don’t know let me ask him if he’s here.” He looks over at me, “Are you here?”

          I roll my eyes. Thanks, Henry just thanks, you are the master in lies and attempts in lies. “Of course I am…” I mutter, stand and walk over to the door. I smile at Hyukjae, “What’s up?” I avoid his eyes and look around, but then Henry walks off leaving us alone. Aish, why you leave!?

          “Could you help me move my furniture around…in my room? We never finished, remember?”

          I blush just thinking about what happened the last time I was in his room. I clear my throat and shrug, “Sure.” We walk off towards his house and I puff my cheeks as we walk.

          “You ok?” He stares at me confused. “You seem a little upset.”

          “Upset?” I stare at him and frown, “Why would I be?”

          He just shrugs and stares in front of him.

          He unlocks the door and we step inside and go up to his room. We scan around and I exhale, “So you want the bed up against the piano keys, right?”

          He nods and SungMin walks in, “Need help?” He smiles cutely. Oh he is so cute!

          “Sure.” Hyukjae smiles at him.

          Hyukjae and I stand on the sides of the bed while Sungmin stands on the end of it. We start dragging it across the room and press the headboard of it against the wall. Then we start moving some furniture around, pressing it on each side of the bed and the big one in front of it.

          SungMin walks out for some reason, he said something about food so he leaves but closes the door. I was wiping the dust off of a drawer set that was beside his bed, so I sat on the bed and started cleaning it. The rag got stuck on a handle though and when I jerked it away it ended up opening. I stare at it. “Oops!” I say and felt like I was snooping but my eyes instantly widen.

          There inside the drawer was MY SKETCHBOOK! My jaw drops and I just stare at it in disbelief. Hyukjae…took my sketchbook?!?!? But why?!?!

          Hyukjae was sitting on the bed too but cleaning the other drawer so he was staring at the opposite direction.

          I clear my throat and take out my sketchbook, “Why did you take my sketchbook?!” I stand up and clutch it to my chest. He stands and looks at me, his eyes widen when he sees my sketchbook back in my arms. I blush a deep red, “I treat this like a diary” I pout. “You read the passages didn’t you…”

          He seemed hesitant. “No”

          “Liar!” I sniffle, “When did you take this from me?”

          He clears his throat and avoids my eyes, “Christmas morning…I snuck into your room to play your lullaby for you, but you were in the living room, and your sketchbook was on top of your drawer.” He approaches, “I’m sorry, I know I shouldn’t have taken it, but I got curious.” He pouts “Please forgive me.” He stares at me with sad eyes.

          I pout and felt my cheeks really hot. Aigoo this is so embarrassing! This sketchbook is full of  him, so he must think I’m obsessed, or a stalker or something creepy!

          He smiles and leans closer, “If it makes you feel any better, I really loved your drawings…” He runs his fingers through my lips, “Don’t pout, Hae.” He smiles at me.

          I stare at him but continue to pout, “You read my passages?”

          He chews on his lower lip and slowly nods.

          I whimper, “HOW EMBARRASSING!” I cry out and felt myself about to cry in humiliation, but Hyukjae exhales and pulls me into his arms. I sniffle and burry my face in his shoulder.

          He rubs my back, “Yah…I’m flattered, DongHae.” He says softly. “Don’t be embarrassed.” He pecks my head and holds me tightly.  

          I sniffle, “So embarrassing.”

          He chuckles and runs his fingers up and down my back, “Why? I already knew you loved me, so it wasn’t surprising to see your sketchbook filled with me.” He rubbed his nose against my hair.

          I pout. “You read my thoughts of you.”

          “Oh yea, it was nice knowing that you think I look absolutely y while I play the piano.” He chuckles and I cry out in embarrassment. “Yah, that’s not a bad thing to know DongHae.” He laughs. “Never knew you liked my playing that much and I didn’t realize you have liked it since you were nine”

          World, just eat me alive now please.

          My eyes widen.

          Wait a minute.

          Since I was nine?!?!?! OMO DID I TALK ABOUT MY UNCLE HYUNBIN IN THE SKETCHBOOK?!?! My heart begins to beat at a rapid pace; I was panicking. Even my breathing was off.

          Hyukjae pulls away from me and inspects my face, “What’s wrong?” He sounded worried. “You ok?” He frowns.

          My eyes got watery and I sit on his bed and quickly flip through the pages. I scan the passages quickly and continue to flip on through and I stop at the very end.

          There it was.

          A passage about him

          I break down and cry heavily.

          He knows

          HE KNOWS!

I flip the page to hide the passage, but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter