Not Friends

I Planned It!

Other!
Read, Comment, and Enjoy♪


-------------------


A few days passed and you realized that your life has been much quieter and peaceful than usual. Let's see, Ah Hyun was still the same quiet person. CAP was still his same old social and smiling self. Chunji—that's it! Chunji had been distant ever since that day he called you his wife. But why?


You sat up in bed and looked at the digital clock, it read 9:43PM. You wanted to talk to someone about this and you knew you wouldnt be able to sleep with all these thoughts on your mind anyway. You grabbed your phone and dialed in Ah Hyun's number, hopefully she would still be awake at this hour. After two rings, she picked up with a groggy voice. "Hey Ah Hyun, sorry. Did I wake you?" you apologetically asked.


Ah Hyun yawned, "No it's okay. What is it _________? Whats up?" You hesitated asking about Chunji, but pestered on, "Ah Hyun ah, do you know where Chunji's been all this week? I haven't seen him lately."


Ah Hyun yawned, "_______ Chunji has always been around. Don't you notice him?" You shook your head in confusion, "What are you talking about? How come he doesn't talk to me anymore then?" Ah Hyun sighed and cleared , "________ ah, I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but you're the one not talking to him."


"What?" you asked in confusion. Ah Hyun sighed, "________ do you like Min Soo?" You shook your head, "No why?" Ah Hyun yawned, "Good. That's it then. G'night ________."


"Wait. Hello?" you asked. The operator's voice came over the phone and you pressed the end button. First thing tomorrow you would go and meet Chunji. With that thought in mind, you went to sleep.


The next morning, you woke up a little bit earlier than how late you usually wake up on weekends. You put on a pair of dark blue skinny jeans and a navy blue plaid shirt. You looked through your box of self-made hair accessories and found a white head band with a small cute bow on it. You carefully placed it in your hair and adjusted it to your liking. After that you took out your treasure box and unlocked it.


Even if Chunji was the guy that bothered you most, you had to admit he was a good friend. You took out ten thousand wons and put the rest of your money away. You got up off your knees and headed down stairs with your handphone in your back pocket. According to the clock it was now 8:20AM. You slipped on a pair of comfortable blue Converse and headed out.


You walked through your neighborhood and finally stopped at the bakery you loved most: Fresh Bakes. You walked in and looked around, "Halmoni, are you here? Halmoni." A short, stubble woman came out to greet you with a hug and smile. You hugged her back and pulled away, "Halmoni, can I make a cake?"


She smiled widely and nodded, "Of course. Come back here with me." You followed her to the back kitchen and looked through cupboards for the measuring cups and spoons. Your grandma took out a few eggs, some flour, sugar, yeast, oil, and a wisp. You pulled the bowl out of dishwasher and rolled your sleeves back. Now you would put all your feelings of apology, guilt, and friendship towards Chunji into this cake.


-----


Knock Knock


Mickey immediately started barking towards the door. Chunji stood up and hushed him as he made his way to the door. He wasn't expecting anyone nor did he ever get many visitors, so who could it be? He peeked through the blinds and saw your figure. You were shivering and furiously ringing the bell with a box in your hands. He took a good look at you up and down; it made sense that you were freezing. It wasn't that cold at the end of winter, but it didn't mean that you could dress out unwarmly.


He opened the door and you looked up at him with a nervous smile, "Hi?" He gave you a small smile and invited you in. You set the box on the table in the kitchen and petted Mickey, "Hey~ I missed you a lot girl." Chunji walked in with a bottle of Coca-Cola (your favorite) and two cups. He started liking Coca-Cola after he knew you liked it.


He sat down next to you and poured some soda into your cup and then his cup. He took a small sip and watched you play with his dog in silence. To you, playing with Mickey was the only way to keep you occupied and not thinking about the awkward atmosphere and the question that was bugging you.


Finally Chunji spoke, "________ are you just here to play with Mickey or do you have something to say?" You turned to him and gave him a small smile, "I brought cake." You got up and brought the cake into the living room. You pulled the plastic knife out and cut two pieces from the cake. You handed him a slice and smiled a little, "I made it this morning so I wanted you to taste it." Chunji looked at you and then the cake. Then he took a bite. The flavors exploded in his mouth! The strawberry filling went deliciously with the chocolate bread and chocolate icing. He took another bite and smiled out of satisfaction. You giggled to yourself and at his dorky expression. He couldn't be any cuter!


He looked at you and held out a spoonful to your mouth. You hesitated but he encouragingly smiled. You took a bite and smiled, it tasted better than you thought it would. He smiled widely and took another, "That was an indirect kiss! Now you're officially mine!"


You widened your eyes and touched your lips. You softly punched him, "You did that on purpose!" He smiled proudly, "Because I like you." You blushed and cleared your throat, "I-I came here to talk to you about that today actually." The happiness was immediately drained out of his face. He put the cake on the table and took a sip. You also awkwardly sipped your soda and started, "I think you're just confused Chunji. I don't think you really like me like that. I—"


"Stop," he said. He looked straight into your eyes, "If you came here to tell what I feel for you, just stop. I don't want to hear it." You scooted closer to him and touched his hand, "Chunji ah, you're just confused. Don't be like this. We're friends right?"


He pulled away, "No. I don't want to be just friends. I didn't want to tell you this, but ever since I met you on the first day of school, I planned to fall in love with you. I wanted to be your friend and annoy you until you couldn't stand me. Then I could confess to you and maybe you would feel the same way."


You were completely shocked by his words. It was like he was your indirect stalker. You smiled and shook your head, "Chunji, you're just confu—" "Will you stop saying that?!" he suddenly yelled, "I like you."