Morning Walk

I Planned It!

The next day, you didn't go to school. You couldn't, you just couldn't bring yourself to get up and go face the world that was mocking you. Ah Hyun swung by after school to check up on you. You told her you were fine and she stayed with you for a while, just talking to you and trying to convince you to go to school tomorrow.


But tomorrow came and you still didn't go. You felt like if you went to school, everyone would mock you by asking if you were okay or laugh at you for making such a big mistake in your friendship. Ah Hyun stopped by again, to leave your homework this time. She didn't want you to fall behind in your classes.


Even though she took the time to bring and explain it to you, you still didn't do your homework. You just moped around aimlessly and deathly silent. Maybe you were falling into depression?


After a few more days, your parents were starting to worry and your friends were also coming by to ask how you were. But you didn't show them any face. You continuously locked yourself in your bedroom.


One morning, you woke up and had an urge to take a walk. Even though it was 6:30AM, you left out alone in some warm clothes. You silently walked down the streets and into the park. You sat on the bench and looked up at the lightening sky. You sighed and got up to leave, but someone suddenly clamped a hand over your mouth.


You tried to fight, but you hadn't eaten a full meal in days that your energy was drained. Tears fell down your cheek as you thought about what would happen to you. You were scared thinking that you wouldn't be able to see your parents anymore. Or your friends. Or ever be able to apologize to Chunji. As these thoughts roamed your mind, you soundly passed out.