Potential

My Kind Of Nerd

 

I can’t get the images of Taecyeon last night out of my head…seems like it has been engraved in my memory box. How am I supposed to face him after this? I keep tossing in turning in my bed thinking what do I need to do when I saw him…someone came to my mind…Nayoung! I quickly dialled her number.

            “Pick it up Nayoung ah…” I said walking back and forth in my room avoiding the window as much as I can.

            “Hello…” finally, Nayoung picked up the phone. “Wae? It’s only 5 o’ clock in the morning and it’s Sunday…it’s better be good or I’ll kick your …”Nayoung said with a groggy voice.

            “I saw someone half last night.”

            “You what?” I swear Nayoung bolted out of her bed hearing my words.

            “You heard me…I saw someone half …”

            “Who?”

            “Taecyeon…”

            “Say that again…I think I heard you said Taecyeon…”

            “I saw him…”

            “No freakin’ way! What was he like? Skinny? Pale?” she sounds excited than I was.

            “You won’t believe it if I told you he got one of the delicious body I’ve ever seen…”

            “For real? Better than Siwon?”

            “Much more better…perfectly proportion and just enough muscles for girls to drool over…”

            “ You can’t be serious…a guy like him?”

            “Trust me Nayoung ah…I think my jaw dropped to the floor when I saw his body…who knew he got that kind of body underneath all the nerdy clothes…”

          “And what’s the main point you’re calling me other than to tell me how hot Taecyeon were?”

            “How could I face him after this? I mean…I couldn’t look at him the same way again…he actually saw me while I was watching him…”

            “Just act cool…like nothing happened…”

            “You think that will work?” I can’t do that when everytime I’m thinking about Taecyeon, the image half of him came to my mind. I’m such a ert.

            “Or you could go up to him and explain that it was all an accident…you didn’t mean to watch him…it was an accident right? It’s not like that you were sticking your head at his window or something…”

            “Yaa Cha Nayoung! Do you think I’m a ert?”

            “I was just wondering…”she chuckled. “Yaa, it’s great talking to you but I need my beauty sleep right now…tell me how’s it going with Taecyeon later ok? Bye…” she hung up.

            “Yaa Cha Nayoung…” I guess I have to go with the second choice…there’s no way I could pretend something didn’t happened.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found myself standing in front of Taecyeon’s house battling with myself whether I should go in or not. I was about to go back when the gate opened and his mother came out.

            “Oh, Yoon Soo ah…”

            “Omonim…” I bowed to her.

            “You’re looking for Taecyeon?” she asked.

            “Um…yeah…is he at home…”

            “Yeah…he’s upstairs…go on…”

            “Thank you omonim…”

I walked up the stairs only to find Taecyeon walked out from the bathroom only with his towel on. we both stopped and I couldn’t take my eyes off him…again!

            “Um…I...I…I…wanted…” damn it! Why do I have to stutter now? “Um…I’ll see you downstairs…” I made my way to the living room at record speed…two steps at a time. Half- Taecyeon back to back? It amazed me that I don’t get heart attack any time soon.

I was pacing back and forth at the living room thinking whether I’m doing the right thing or not.

            “Yoon Soo ah…” I turned around and he’s fully clothed…thank god!

            “Oh…Taecyeon ah…”

            “What’s up?”

            “Um…” I looked at him and he seems different. He didn’t wear his rimmed glass…no wonder he looked different.

            “Why are you looking at me like that?”

            “Um…nothing…let me just get straight to the point…about last night…I just wanna say it was an accident…I didn’t mean to…you know…”

            “Don’t sweat about it…it’s not a big deal…”

            “I just wanna let you know…”

            “Forget about it…it’s not like you’ve never see a half guy before right?”He smiled.

            “Yeah…” thank god he’s cool about it.

            “Hey, you want some of my mom’s iced lemon tea?” I nodded and followed him to the kitchen.

            “Have a seat…” he said.

            “Thanks…hey, can I ask you something?”

            “Sure…”

            “Have you ever considered about trading that thick Harry Potter’s look alike glasses of yours to contacts?”

            “Sometimes…but what’s the use? It’s not like somebody will ever notice me…with glasses or not…there’s no difference…”

            “Are you kidding me? Have you ever look at yourself in front of the mirror? I mean…really look at yourself…”

            “Why would I do that? There’s nothing special about me…they say I don’t have anything besides my height…”

            “You have such a low self esteem…how about we make a bet?”

            “A bet?”

            “Yeah…I’ll give you a makeover and we’ll see if people notice you or not…if no one notices I’ll do anything you want…”

            “I don’t…”

            “Think about it…you’ve got nothing to lose…”

Then, his mom walked into the kitchen.

            “Omonim…what do you say if I give Taecyeon a makeover? You know change a little bit here and there…”

            “That’s a good idea…he could use a little upgrade with his appearance…that nerdy look could be thrown away now…” his mom slung her arm around my shoulder.

            “See? Even your mom agrees…what do you say?”

            “Fine…but if it’s fail…you owe me a wish…” he smiled.

            “Deal!” we shake hands. People, get ready for the new and improved Taecyeon.

            “When shall we start?” he asked.

            “Today!”

            “So soon?”

            “The sooner the better…I need to make some calls…”

Taecyeon POV

Yoon Soo was so excited with this makeover thing. I just hope that everything will turn out good. She came back into the kitchen with a huge grin on her face.

            “I’ve called for professional help…let’s go stud…” she pulled my arm.

            “Hold on kids…” my mom said. “You will need this…” she gave me a credit card. “Just don’t go over the limit ok?”

            “Nae omonim! This gonna be fun!” Yoon Soo beamed with smiles all the way to the mall.

 

The makeover~~~~

Another update!

Enjoy reading! 

BBYONG!!!