Wonder Girl

My Kind Of Nerd

 

Taecyeon POV

It’s been over two months I started going to this new school. Apart from the occasional name-calling, getting shove or nudge to the locker or being laugh at…everything is good…it’s better than back in the States.

The only reason I woke up getting my to school is Yoon Soo. I really liked talking to her. The sarcasm and humour coming from her amused me. She’s kind and a genuine human being.

I waited for her outside the house and as usual, her sister would roll her eyes making I-wanna-puke face at me. How could she be so different from Yoon Soo, it seems like they’re not related at all.

            “Hey stud…good morning…” Yoon Soo came.

            “Stop calling me stud…I’m not a stud…”

            “Yes you are…to me at least…” she smiled.

            “You don’t mean that…”

            “Yes I do…aww…someone is getting red in the ears…” I heard her giggled.

At school…

            “So, I’ll see you at lunch?” Yoon Soo said. We were standing in front of my class.

            “Um…okay…”I nodded.

            “Great…later stud…Junsu ya! Annyeong!” she went to her class.

I walked to my seat in the class and saw Junsu.

            “Hey man…” he said.

            “Hey…” I said sitting next to him.

            “Is that a lunch date I heard with Yoon Soo?” Junsu winked.

            “No…it’s just a friendly invite to have lunch together…that’s all.” Lunch date? I must be crazy for even thinking it that way.

            “I never see Yoon Soo have any interest in guys like she did with you…”

            “She’s just being friendly…that’s all…”

            “I dunno man…I’ve known her for years this is the first time she behaving like this.”

            “You’re talking nonsense…” I shook my head.

            “I mean it dude…there’s guys in this school trying to get to her but she just give them the cold shoulder.”

            “Including you?”

            “Yeah…she made it clear that we’re just friends…it can’t go beyond that…” I saw a bitter smile on his face.

            “Maybe we’re on the same boat then…”

            “I don’t think so…”

Junsu wiggle his eyebrows and smile. Yoon Soo is interested in me? Not in a million years.

I was on my way to the library when Siwon and his friends stopped me.

            “Going to the nerd’s cave?” he said and laughed.

I decided to ignore him and walked away but he doesn’t seem to be satisfied letting me go just yet.

            “You’re not going anywhere just yet…”

            “Look…I really don’t want any problem…”

            “Why? You’re gonna go tattletale to the principal like a five year old? You’re the biggest wuss I’ve known…” he pushed me and my back slammed on the wall. “So, you wanna go be a snitch now?” All of his crew surrounded me, poking my shoulder and head.

            “Yaa Choi Siwon!”

It was Yoon Soo.

            “Don’t you have anything better to do than harassing people?”

            “Girls should stay out of this…”Siwon said crossing his arms.

            “Too bad, I’m already in…” Yoon Soo pulled me over and stand between Siwon and me.

            “Han Yoon Soo…”

            “Back off rich boy! Do I need to remind you how I beat your sorry last summer when you messed with Junsu?” she poked Siwon’s chest.

There’s a change in Siwon’s expression and he slowly walked backwards.

            “Wise decision Mr. Choi…stop bothering him or you will answer directly to me…”

I never see a girl threatening a guy like Yoon Soo did. After Siwon and his friends left…

            “Why didn’t you stand up to him? You’re as tall as him…”

            “Like I say…I hate fighting…”

            “Sometimes, you have to fight to defend yourself…”

            “I don’t know any self defence moves…”

            “You’re in luck then…hey, did you have any extra sweat pants with you today?”

            “Yeah…it’s in my locker…why?”

            “You gonna need it today…” she winked.

After school, Yoon Soo brought me to a gym near Jamsil.

            “What are we doing here?” I said as we arrived.

            “You’ll see…” again, she pulled my hands.

We walked into the gym and a woman greeted us.

            “Yoon Soo ah…” she said hugging Yoon Soo.

            “Si Young unnie…”

            “What are you doing here? I thought you’ve already got your second degree in Judo…”

            “My friend here need help…is Sung Hoon samchun around?”

A muscular guy come out from the back.

            “I heard someone mentioning my name…” he said.

            “Samchun…” Yoon Soo hugged the guy. “Samchun, I need help…”

            “Help? With what?”

            “My friend here needs to learn some self defence moves…”

            “No problem…let’s get him change from that uniform and we’ll start right away…”

That night…

It feels good laying on the bed right now after getting my whipped by Yoon Soo’s K1 Fighter uncle Sung Hoon samchun. I never had this kind of workout before. I was about to fall asleep when I heard a knock on my window. I looked and it was Yoon Soo.

            “Yaa, what are you doing here?” she was crouching on the small balcony.

            “Are you gonna let me in or leave my right here?”

            “Oops, sorry…” I opened the window and she crawled in.

            “Nice room…looks better from the inside…” she sat on my bed. “Bouncy too…”

            “Yoon Soo ah…can I ask you something?” I said sitting at my desk.

            “Shoot…”

            “Why did you help me? I mean…being my friend and all…”

            “You really wanna know?” I nodded. “Well, there’s no reason…I just feel that you need a friend…it’s hard being in a new place without someone you know…I’ve experienced that…but then Nayoung came to my rescue…I feel like I should do the same…why? You don’t like it?” she looked at me.

            “No…it’s just that no one had been nice to me like you do…”

            “I’ll take that as a compliment…”

Then…

            “Taecyeon ah…” my mom knocked the door. “May I come in?”

            “In a minute mom…”

Yoon Soo scrambled to the window, climbed out and went back to her room. After making sure that she was safe, I opened the door.

            “Is there someone else in your room?” my mom looked around.

            “No…it’s just the radio…what’s up?”

            “The dinner is ready…come down after you wash up…”

            “Yes mom…”

            “Hurry up…” my mom walked away. Phew…that was close. I went to the window and Yoo Soo already draws her curtain down. I’m glad that I found a good friend here. I just hope this friendship last forever.

End of POV

Enjoy the update...

BBYONG!