Drifting Apart

My Kind Of Nerd

 

Ever since that day at the karaoke, I feel like Taecyeon has been drifting away from me. We hardly talk to each other now and that !

            “Nayoung ah…” I said as we’re sitting in the gym at the viewers’ bench during PE.

            “What?”

            “I don’t know if I should say this but I’m starting to regret with this whole makeover thing with Taecyeon.”

            “Why you say that?”

            “Well…no one would talk to him before this but now everytime I turned there’s at least two girls hovering over him. We haven’t spent any much time like we used to do…”

            “Are you sure it’s not jealousy speaking?”

             “That might be a part of it but it feels more like I’m losing a good friend…”

            “Well, people changed…why don’t you just go talk to him instead?”

            “Talk to him and risk myself being labelled as a possessive friend? Thanks but no thanks…”

            “It’s either that or you have to suffer in silence…”

            “Damn it! I hate this!” I said leaning against the seat.

Lunch time…

Taecyeon POV

            “Hey dude…are you dating Jiyeon right now?” Junsu asked when we’re on our way to the cafeteria.

            “Where does that come from?” I said looking at him.

            “I heard Boram said that you two are seeing each other…”

            “We do spend a lot of time together now…”

Then…

            “Taecyeon ah…” Jiyeon called me from behind. She wrapped her arms with mine and slightly pushed Junsu away. “Let’s go have lunch together…”

            “But I already have a plan with Junsu…”

            “Please…I hate to eat alone…” she said making puppy eyes at me.

            “It’s okay dude…go ahead…I’m cool…” Junsu smiled.

            “Then let’s go…” Jiyeon pulled my hands away before I could say anything.

End of POV

I saw Jiyeon pulled Taecyeon away and leaving Junsu behind.

            “Junsu ya…” I said smacking his shoulder.

            “Yaa! My shoulder would fall off if you keep greeting me like that…” he said knuckling my head.

            “And I will have a bald spot if you keep doing that to me…” I looked at him. “So, he ditched you for that bimbo?”

            “Yup…I heard Boram said they’re dating now…”

            “Dating? Are you sure?”

            “Yeah…but who knows…it could be one sided…wait a minute…are you jealous?”

            “Me? A little…” I looked away.

            “You liked him don’t you?” Junsu smiled.

            “Is it that obvious?”

            “Yup…c’mon…let me buy you lunch…”

            “Kim Junsu buying me lunch? That’s a rare thing…”

            “Shut up!” he slung his arm around my shoulder.

Taecyeon POV

            “Say ahh…”  Jiyeon held a spoon over my mouth. As soon as I took the bite, I saw Yoon Soo walked into the cafeteria with Junsu arms around her shoulder.

Her eyes met mine and the smile on her face faded. She turned around talking to Junsu.

End of POV

When I saw Jiyeon was feeding Taecyeon food, I could feel my heart sank to the floor.

            “You ok?” Junsu looked at me.

            “I’m good…just zoned out for a moment…” I said.

            “Are you sure?” he rubbed my back.

            “Yeah…”

That night…

I was just finishing my homework when suddenly Yoon Hee barged inside my room with a frown on her face.

            “Unnie…is that true that Taecyeon oppa is dating Jiyeon sunbae?” Yoon Hee said and sat on my bed.

            “I don’t know…”

            “The whole school is talking about it…they’re always together…inseparable…”

            “Don’t know, don’t care…”

            “But unnie…he can’t be dating that y girl can he? It could just a rumour right?”

            “Yaa Han Yoon Hee! Could you leave me alone? Get out from my room before I throw you out myself…” I opened the door and stared at her…she knew I wasn’t kidding.

            “Ok, ok…jeez…are you having period or what…” she went out. I locked the door. I’m already mad as it is and she’s throwing gasoline into the fire with her words.

I looked at Taecyeon’s room and it was pitch black. I guess he’s not around. Maybe he’s going out on a date with Jiyeon or something or any girl that always hovering him like drones on a queen bee.

I crawled out through the window and sat on the balcony looking at the night sky. It used to be the two of us here but now I don’t when the time will come for us to be like we used to. I wouldn’t do that stupid makeover thing if I knew I would lose him to somebody who didn’t even knew he existed when he was a timid nerd.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            “Yoon Soo ah! Can you come into the kitchen for a while?” my mom called when I was enjoying myself watching my favourite show ‘Shaun The Sheep’. Usually I would be over at Taecyeon’s watching this as this is our must see program but since he’s way too busy for me, I got no other choice than watching this alone.

            “What’s up?” I said walking into the kitchen.

            “Can you send this mix kimchi to Mrs. Ok next door?”

            “Do I have to? Can’t you ask Yoon Hee instead?”

            “Why?” my mom looked at me.

            “I just don’t want to go there right now…”

            “Is there something wrong? Did you have a fight with Taecyeon?”

            “It’s complicated…the point is…I don’t wanna go there…”

            “I’m sorry but you have to…Yoon Hee is out and I have loads of work to do…”

            “But mom…”

            “Just go and drop this off…you don’t have to stay there…Taecyeon probably wasn’t at home…”

            “Fine…” I took the food container and head down to next door. I just hope he wasn’t at home.

I pushed the doorbell and few seconds later, it opened. Just the face I don’t want to see.

            “Yoon Soo ah…” Taecyeon greeted me. The look on his face as if he was surprised to see me.

            “Hi…is your mom at home?”

            “Yeah…c’mon in…”

            “Thanks…”

I walked into the house only to fine Jiyeon sitting at the couch in the living room.

            “Yoon Soo? What are you doing here?” she said looking at me. She was sitting at my seat. I look at the TV and ‘Shaun The Sheep’ was on.

            “Yoon Soo is that you?” I heard Taecyeon’s mom voice from the back.

            “Nae omonim…”

            “Come back here…” she said.

            “Nae…” I walked past Taecyeon and whispered to him. “Looks like you already have a new TV buddy…good for you…”

            “Hey, I don’t…”

I left before he could say anything. I guess it was true that he’s dating Jiyeon right now.

            “Omonim…” I bowed slightly in front of Mrs. Ok.

            “Yoon Soo ah…I missed you…” she hugged me. “You haven’t been here for a while now…”

            “I’ve been busy…” a little white lie wouldn’t hurt anyone I guess.”My mom gave you this mix kimchi for you…”

            “Thank you so much…can you wait for a while I clean this container?”

            “Sure…”

I stood behind the wall and saw Taecyeon and Jiyeon together at the living room.

            “Can we watch other program? This cartoon is stupid…” Jiyeon starts whining. How dare she’s dissing my ‘Shaun The Sheep’! I wish I could dunk her head in the toilet right now!

            “It’s not stupid…the cartoon is great…I like it…” Taecyeon said.

            “Why do you like it anyway? It doesn’t speak and it’s made out of clay…it’s just don’t fit with your image…can we go out instead?”

            “After I finish watching this cartoon, ok?”

            “Fine…” Jiyeon pouted and got up.

I couldn’t bear to watch the drama between then any further so I left. Mrs. Ok invited me to stay for snacks but I don’t think I could have the sight of Jiyeon hovering over Taecyeon in front of my eyes.

 

Another update...

the next chapters might be late because I'm going on a vacation (YIPPY!!!!)....but don't worry, i'll get this story completed as soon as I come back ok? (Don't miss me too much ok?)

Happy reading and don't forget to comment!

BBYONG!!!!