First Fight

My Kind Of Nerd

People started treating Taecyeon differently at school. He’s no longer sit alone at the table during lunch. Girls would flock around him whenever he goes and I could see my sister with him occasionally. Who knew a minor change will make a huge difference.

            “Well, well…look at the hotshot now…” Nayoung said as we’re in the gym for PE class. Taecyeon and his whole class we’re joining us together. He was at the basketball court shooting some hoops with Junsu, Khun and a few other guys.

            “Feels like he’s a different person don’t you think?” I said looking at him.

            “Yeah…he looked more confident…out going…totally out of his shy shell…”

            “I guess we did a good thing, don’t we?”Nayoung looked at me. “What?”

            “Nothing…I’m just thinking…”

            “About what?”

            “I knew you had feelings for him…but why didn’t you just tell him how you feel…”

            “I’m a step too late behind Jiyeon…it’s probably for the best though…as long as we’re friends then I’m content…”

            “I never knew my best friend is such a wuss in relationship…tough girl image on the outside but a vulnerable damsel in distress in the inside.” she shook her head.

            “ Well, you know me…”

Taecyeon walked towards us at the viewers’ bench.

            “Hey Nayoung…Yoon Soo ah…” he said.

            “I gotta go check on the balls…later…” Nayoung winked at me and left.

            “Did I hear her correctly?” Taecyeon sat next to me.

            “Yeah…so, popular guy…how is it feels like being at the centre of attention right now?”

            “Weird…because I never had people giving their attention to me like this before…but it does have the plus side of it…”

            “So, are we still on for my Math tutoring session after school today?” I asked.

            “I’m sorry Yoon Soo ah…but some of the girls from my class are going out for some spicy rice cakes and they asked me to join…I totally forgot about our session when I agreed to them.”

            “Is  that so…”

            “Or do you wanna join us instead?”

            “It’s okay…you go and have fun with them…” I was disappointed but there’s nothing I could do.

            “What do you say we do the tutor session tomorrow at the library during free period?”

            “Sure…no problem…”

Then…

            “Yo Taec! We need you back in the court!” Khun shouts.

            “Be right there! The guys’ calling…”

            “Go on…have fun!”

Taecyeon went back to the centre of the court and resumed the game. It’s good to see that he started to mingle but somehow I don’t feel good about it.

The next day…

I was waiting for Taecyeon at the library for our tutoring session and he’s half an hour late. I tried to call him but he didn’t pick up the phone. Free period gonna be over in 45 minutes and he didn’t show up.

When he did finally show up , it’s 10 minutes left before the period ends.

            “Sorry I’m late… I was helping my classmates with their English…and I just lost my track of time…”

            “Sure…whatever!”I gathered all of my book and left the library.

            “Yoon Soo ah…”

I heard him calling my name and I just ignored him. I was mad…pissed off!

            “Yoon Soo wait…” he pulled my hands.

            “What? I have to get back to class…”

            “Are you mad?”

            “No…I was happy! I was happy that you make me wait alone like an idiot in the library thinking that you would come. I called you but I guess you’re busy to pick it up right? I’m done! Maybe I should find another person who could spend a little bit of their precious time on me…” I lashed out my anger and I know he was shocked to see it.

Taecyeon POV

I know she could get mad but I’ve never saw her like this.

            “Dude, what did you do?” Junsu said from behind.

            “I’m supposed to meet her for our tutor session but I was late…” I said turning over to face him.

            “that did not look too good…I’ve never seen her get mad like that ever since the day she beat Siwon’s sorry when he tried to punch me in the face.”

            “She really beat Siwon?”

            “Yeah…did I tell you that she have 2nd degree belt in Judo…”

            “I thought she was just saying stuff…”

I was waiting for Yoon Soo outside of her class after the bell rings but when she finally came out and saw me there, she just walked away.

            “Yoon Soo wait up…”

I followed her and tried to talk to her but she just ignored me completely. I had to do something.

End of POV

I went to my room after dinner and checked my phone. There were dozens of call and messages from Taecyeon. Just ignore it…I have to show him how mad I was. Something in me just burst out when he told me that he was late because of people who don’t even go near him before.

I heard a light thud against the glass of my window and when I went there, I saw Taecyeon at his balcony holding a huge piece of hard paper with ‘I’M SORRY’ written on it. He flipped another one and ‘I PROMISE I WON’T DO IT AGAIN’ was on it.

He flipped again… ‘PLEASE FORGIVE ME OR I’M GONNA SIT OUT HERE UNTIL YOU DO’…

            “Whatever…” I said and went back to my bed.

Time passed and I looked at the clock it’s already past 11 o’clock. He probably already went inside. It’s getting cold outside at this hour. I decided to peeked and what I saw shocked me. Taecyeon was sitting outside at his balcony holding the ‘I’M SORRY’ card without any kind of protection from the cold.

I quickly grabbed my thickest quilt that my grandma made for me and dashed out to the window. I leaped to his side and covered his body with the quilt.

            “Yaa! Are you stupid or something? Do you have a death wish?”

            “I told you I’m not going in until you forgive me…” he said shivering.

            “Aisshh! This idiot!” I smacked his head.

            “So, do you forgive me now?” he looked at me. His skin was pale from the cold.

            “Yes! And don’t even think pulling this kind of stunt next time or I’ll kick your !” he just nodded and smile.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The day I dreaded the most came in a blink of an eye. Today was Taecyeon’s big date with Jiyeon. I couldn’t sleep last night just thinking about it. If only I made my moves sooner.

I peeked through my window and saw Taecyeon getting ready for his date. He looked amazing with a simple jeans and shirt with a jacket over it. I didn’t know what possessed me that very moment when I picked my phone and texted him.

Taecyeon POV

I was getting ready and a message came.

From: Yoon Soo *-*

Good luck on your date…have fun!

Have fun? I will have fun if only she’s the one I’m going out with…I looked at her window and the light at her room was turned off. Maybe she’s downstairs with her family.

Jiyeon’s family chauffeur came about 15 minutes later and we went to a restaurant downtown. After dinner, we head to the theatre and catch a movie. The date was fine and I actually enjoyed myself.

            “So, what exactly made you change from the school’s biggest nerd to a heart stopping hottie?” Jiyeon asked as we’re strolling at the park near Yeouido.

            “I dunno…I guess because I needed a change…”

            “I’m glad…”

Jiyeon POV

I wouldn’t want to be caught dead with a nerd like you used to be. Now that you’ve turned such a hottie, I wouldn’t want you to slipped to another girls’ hands.

 

Sorry for the late update...

Enjoy reading...

BBYONG!!!!