New Window Neighbour

My Kind Of Nerd

 

           “Mom, I’m home...” I said and walked into the living room.

            “I’m up here honey…” I heard my mom’s voice from upstairs. I went up and saw my mom was packing my stuff into a huge box. And Yoon Hee’s things was here.

          “Mom…what are you doing with my stuff? And what is Yoon Hee’s stuff doing in my room?”

            “You’re will be moving to Yoon Hee’s room and she will take yours.”

            “What? What the hell…”

            “Don’t use that language with me young lady…”

            “But mom…you should’ve talked to me before moving my stuff…I love my room…”

            “I know honey but Yoon Hee said she can’t study in that stuffy space…”

            “Stuffy? Her room was larger than mine…how can it be stuffy?”

            “Yoon Soo ah…you’re the big sister…just give in for your little sister okay?” my mom said with pleading eyes.

            “But mom…”

            “I’ll raise your allowance…and upgrade your weekend curfew time…” she raised her eyebrows. It was a tempting offer. She just knows how to bargain.

            “Fine…but I want to repaint this room…any colour I want…no objection.”

            “Sure…now, help me move your things.”

We spend the next few hours moving things to my new place and put Yoon Hee’s stuff into my old room.

That night…

I was still trying adjusting living in a new place. I hate moving but looking at the bright side, this room is larger and have its own bathroom. Stupid Yoon Hee…

            “So, you like the new room?” Yoon Hee said peek her head at the door.

            “Kinda…what do you want?” This spoiled brat annoyed me.

            “Enjoy your new place…you should check the nerd view you have…” she smirked.

            “Nerd view?”

            “Yeah…you wanna know why I wanna switch room? Because I don’t my friends to know the school’s biggest nerd living next to my room…although he’s in a different house…”

            “That’s the only reason? You’ve gotta be kidding me! Mom said…”

            “Hey, mom believes anything I said…anyway, enjoy your new room! Later…” she left and I heard laughter. I wish I could throw that brat off the window!

I went to the window and pulled the curtain aside. I saw Taecyeon at his desk immersed in a book. I took out my phone and sent a text to him.

Taecyeon POV

Finally, my History home works are done…time to relax. I was stretching my aching back when a text came in.

From: Yoon Hee

Nice back view…turn around.

I turned and saw Yoon Hee at her window waving at me. I walked to my window and opened it. We’re a few meters away from each other.

            “Nice to meet you, neighbour…” she said crawling out from her window and sat at the small flower pot balcony.

            “I didn’t know we’re window neighbours…”

            “I just moved here…it supposed to be my sister’s room but my mom made us switch…”

            “Hey, are you sure it’s safe for you to be sitting there? You might fall…” I was worried.

            “It’s okay…don’t worry…I do this all the time back in my old room. You should do it too…it’s refreshing out here…”

            “I don’t think so…”

            “Chicken!”

            “No I’m not!”

            “Yes you are…chicken!” she made clucking sound and laughed her heart out. I brace myself, crawl out the window, and sat at the balcony. I have an issue with height and doing this is a big step for me.

She got up and walked to the edge of the roof. Our house rooftop is a few inches apart and she easily took a leap and came towards me.

            "Yaa, be careful!" I said but she just laughed.

            “Refreshing isn’t it?” she sat next to me.

            “Um…yeah…”

            “You’re shaking…”

            “No I’m not…” I shook my head.

            “Yes you are…”

            “Ok…maybe a little bit. I have issues with height actually…” this is the first time I told anybody about my fear of height.

            “It’s okay…I’m here…” she held my hands and I felt electric jolts going through my body.

This girl has a serious effect on me.

End of POV

We sat at his small window balcony and talk.

            “I saw a guitar in there…you play or is it a decoration?” I asked.

            “I’m still learning how to play it…”

            “You’re taking classes?”

            “No…self taught actually…”

            “Self taught? Impressive…I can’t play any music instruments…my hands aren’t coordinated…”

            “I could teach you if you want.”

            “It’s okay…it will be a waste of your time…”

            “You can’t that bad…”

            “Ask my music teacher…he even had high blood pressure from teaching me to play the clarinet…”

            “This is the first time anyone had talked to me like you did…” he said looking over the view in front of us.

            “It’s hard to believe…”

            “Believe it…I don’t have much friends back in the States…just a few people that I occasionally talked to…”

            “Well, it’s about to change now…you have me. I can be your friend…”

            “You don’t have to just because my mom…”

            “No…I want to…why? You don’t want to be my friend?”

            “No…it’s just…”

            “Enough with the excuses…the bottom line is, you are my friend now…deal with it.”

I heard my mom calling my name.

            “I gotta now…so, I’ll you in the morning…” I got up and leaped towards my window. “Annyeong chinggu ya!”

 

A new beginning for the two of them....

Did you like this chapter? 

Sorry if its too short...

Tell me what you think of this chapter....

BBYONG!!!