Gone With The Nerd, In With The New Hottie

My Kind Of Nerd

 

Taecyeon POV

I woke up that morning with a different feeling. Looking at myself in the mirror still makes me wonder if it’s really me. It felt weird not having the glasses on too. I guess I have to try live without it from now on.

I went down to the kitchen and my mom was smiling looking at me.

            “My caterpillar son has turned into a handsome butterfly…finally.” She hugged me.

            “Mom, I’m not a butterfly…”

            “I’m just saying…let’s eat…”

I was outside the house waiting for Yoon Soo when I saw her sister walked out. She usually make her don’t talk to me face but today she just looked at me without blinking.

            “Yoon Hee ya…” I heard her friends calling. She walked towards them and gave me a sheepish smile. What was that about? I just shook my head and waited for Yoon Soo.

End of POV

            “Bye mom…” I said and stepped out. I knew Taecyeon would be waiting for me. I walked out and saw Taecyeon leaning against the wall. I swear, someone just glued my feet to the pavement. I just froze at the sight behold in front of me.                

            "Yoon Soo ah…” he said walking up to me. “Why are you looking at me like that? Is something wrong?”

            “Um…no…you look good…” Good? He look beyond good to me…he looked insanely, smokin’ hot!

            “That’s a relief…let’s go.”

We arrived at school and all eyes on Taecyeon.

            “Is it just me or I think people are staring at me?” he whispered to me.

            “People are looking at you…” I said.

            “But why? I went to this school for over 3 months now…I’m not quite a new guy right?”

            “Well, they never see you look like this….and believe me, it’s a good sign…”

I was at my seat when Nayoung came into the class sitting next to me.

            “Seems like people are talking about the new hottie in school…and I assume it was Taecyeon?” she said wiggling her eyebrows.

            “Have you seen him today? He looks so damn hot! That new hairstyle really did wonder to him.”

            “I know…I guess you better make your move now before someone else get to him before you can.”

            “I wouldn’t want him to think that I liked him when he changed…”

            “Trust me, he won’t…”

Lunch time…

            “I think I’m gonna ask him out today…” I said to Nayoung as we’re sitting at our usual table having our lunch.

            “I knew you had feelings for him…”

            “Nothing could pass your radar right?”

Then Junsu, Khun and Taecyeon came to the table.

            “You two would never believe what happened today…” Khun said as he sat in front of me.

            “What?” Nayoung asked.

            “Our friend right here…” Khun tapped Taecyeon’s shoulder. “Got a date with the hot Park Jiyeon from class 5-11…”

            “Park Jiyeon?” I looked at Nayoung.

Park Jiyeon is one of the most beautiful girl at school…a queenka to be exact. She’s rich and basically rule the school with her charm and somewhat fake attitude. I don’t have anything against that girl but she once messed with me and we’re basically on the term ever since.

            “She asked you out?” I said and Taecyeon just nodded.

            “Yoon Soo ah…you did well with this makeover thing…I told you dude, girls are lining up for you…” Junsu slung his arm over his shoulder.

Nayoung looked at me and I just shrugged. Maybe this is a sign that Taecyeon and I would never have a chance to be together.

Taecyeon POV

I was waiting for Yoon Soo at the school gate when Yoon Hee came.

            “Oppa…” she said with a smile. That’s weird. She never said a word to me and now she’s calling me oppa?

            “Oh…Yoon Hee ya…what’s up?”

            “Oppa, can I go back home with you? All of my friends are having extra class and I’m alone…since that we’re neighbours…”

            “Yaa Han Yoon Hee! What are you doing here?” Yoon Soo said as she arrived.

            “I was just asking Taecyeon oppa if I could go back with him…that’s all…”

Yoon Soo looked at me and I just shrugged off my shoulder.

            “Did you just hit your head somewhere Yoon Hee ah?” Yoon Soo spun her sister around.

            “Stop it unnie! Oppa, let’s go…” Yoon Hee pulled my hands and dragged me away.

Yoon Soo was quiet all the way home. I was getting uncomfortable dealing with Yoon Hee stampeding action of affection. She would hold my hand when we’re crossing the road and insisted that she wanted to sit next to me while we’re in the subway. What is wrong with this girl?

End of POV

            “Annyeong oppa…” Yoon Hee said waving her hands as we’re parting ways with Taecyeon.

            “Nae…” he answered reluctantly. He must be shocked with Yoon Hee’s sudden change.

            “What’s got into you?” I asked looking at Yoon Hee.

            “Can we not talk now? I’m tired…” she said and walked upstairs. The real Yoon Hee just came back to earth.

That night…during dinner…

            “Omma…I want my old room back.” Yoon Hee said. My eyes darted towards her.

            “What?” I jerked up.

            “I want my old room back…I can’t sleep in peace in unnie’s room…it’s stuffy there…”

            “What the hell…”

            “No cursing at the table young lady…” my father looked at me with deathly gaze.

            “I just wanted my old room back…that’s all…please mom…” Yoon Hee made those annoying puppy face, which I know my mom had a weakness of it.

            “Sure honey…”

            “Oh no she don’t! I won’t trade it…” I had to defend what’s mine now. I liked the room because that’s the only way that I could be close to Taecyeon and have our moments together without any disturbance.

            “But it was my room at the first place!” Yoon Hee protested.

            “But you trade it remember? You talked to mom moving out your things to my old room without telling me just because you say yours were stuffy. And now suddenly my old room getting stuffy too?”

            “But mom…I can’t stand it there anymore. How am I gonna study if I can’t be comfortable?”Yoon Hee tugged the sleeve of the blouse my mom was wearing like a 3 year old begging for ice cream.

            “Yoon Soo honey…can’t you just give in to your little sister?” my mom said. Is she for real?

            “Ah hell no! I’m tired of her bull…”

            “Han Yoon Soo!” my dad said with his laser like eyes. “No cursing…”

            “The bottom line is I’m not changing my room and its final! I’m done with dinner!” I took my empty bowl to the sink and went straight up to my room.

I was laying on my bed when a text came to my phone.

From: Taecyeon ><

Meet me at the balcony now…need to talk.

I went to the window and saw that he’s already sitting on the edge of the balcony waving at me.

He leaped over to my side and sat next to me.

            “I don’t mean to pry but I heard some ruckus over…” he said.

            “Too much drama…”

            “Let me guess…Yoon Hee?”

            “Who else could it be…”

            “What’s wrong with your sister today? Being so friendly all of sudden…tell you the truth, it creeps me out…” I heard him giggled and it was cute.

            “Me too…I think she’s beginning to like you…”

            “Not freakin’ way…thinking about it making the hair behind my neck stands…”

            “So, you’ve got a date with Park Jiyeon…congrats…” I can’t believe I just said that.

Taecyeon POV

            “So, you’ve got a date with Park Jiyeon…congrats…” she said without looking at me.

            “Err…thanks?” I didn’t know how to respond to that. I wish it were she going out on a date with me.

            “This weekend?”

            “Yeah…”

            “Need help picking up your outfit? You have to look great on your first date…” she nudged me.

            “I think I can handle that…Junsu already lay out the things I should wear…”

It just occurred to me that maybe Yoon Soo just saw me as a friend just like she did with Junsu. Either way, I’m still grateful.

 

Two updates in a day....

happy reading!!!

BBYONG!