Self Reflection

My Kind Of Nerd

 

Did I really turn into a different person? Looking back…everything that Yoon Soo just said is true. I haven’t spend much time with her as much as we did and I practically ditch Junsu whenever I hang out with Jiyeon…and she only started to talk to me when I had that transformation.

Yoon Soo did say she liked me…I didn’t even know whether I’m hearing things or if it’s for real. Somehow, it felt like she means it what she said. I went back home and starts to think back what just happened to me for the last few months.

The next day…

I was standing in front of Yoon Soo’s gate waiting for her. I need to talk to her about yesterday.

            “Oppa…” it was Yoon Hee.

            “Yoon Hee ah…is your sister still inside?”

            “Nope…she’s gone about half an hour ago…for someone who’s constantly in the late comers name list, she’s sure is early today…why?”

            “I need to talk to her…”

            “Why don’t you just talk to me instead?” she runs her fingers up my arms. I gently lifted up her hands off me.

            “I don’t think this is appropriate Yoon Hee ah…”

            “Why? Oppa…I like you…”

            “I’m flattered but I don’t think so…”

            “Is it because of that y Jiyeon sunbae?” she crossed her arms.

            “No…it’s someone closer than you thought…”

As always, Jiyeon picked me up for school.

In the car…

            “Um…Jiyeon ah…can I ask you something?”

            “Sure…what is it?”

            “If I were to turn back to my old self, would you still be nice to me? I mean…would still talk to me and hang out…’

            “You mean back to your nerd days look?” I nodded. “Why would you do something stupid like that?”

            “I’m still the same person you know…it’s the outer appearance…” I looked at her face and I knew for sure what Yoon Soo said was true. She liked me for my looks…nothing more. How could I be so blind to realise this?

I went to Yoon Soo’s class and when I walked in, Yoon Soo is not at her seat.

            “Nayoung ah…Yoon Soo’s not here yet?”

            “If you see her seat is empty that probably the best sign to see that she’s not here…” Nayoung and her sarcasm.

            “Ok, stupid question…” I scratched my un-itchy head. 

            “Why do you want to see her anyway? Don’t you have other friends you could hang out with?”

            “They’re not my real friends…”

            “And now you noticed that?” she crossed her arms.

            “As stupid as it might sound…yeah…”

            “Glad that your senses came back around…” Nayoung nudge my shoulder.

            “Me too…”

            “Hold up one sec…” Nayoung took out her phone and looked at the screen. “Um…I think you might not able to see Yoon Soo today…she’s not coming to school.”

            “But her sister said she left home early this morning…”

            “Seems like she wanted to have her alone time today…”

            “Alone time?”

            “Yeah…whenever she got a problem or something bothering her mind she would go and hide somewhere on her own and strictly no disturbance…”

            “Are you sure it’s a good idea to leave her alone?”

            “Yup…with that judo skill of hers, no one could come near her without having serious injuries…”

I just hope she would be okay…who knows what might happen when she’s alone.

I went to my class and Junsu was there at his table.

            “Hey dude…” I said. “Can we talk?”

            “We are talking right now aren’t we?”

            “I’m sorry…”

            “Sorry? For what?”

            “I’ve been ditching you these couple of weeks…I was wrong…just caught up with the sudden attention…it won’t happen again…”

            “Dude…no sweat…I’m cool…it’s not me that you should be apologising to…it Yoon Soo…you know how sad she was when you ignored her and stuck with that bimbo girlfriend of yours…”

            “Girlfriend? Who?”

            “Jiyeon…isn’t she your girlfriend? The whole school knew…”

            “Jiyeon is not my girlfriend…I know she liked me but she’s not what I’m looking for…”

            “For once I’m glad you said that…”

            “So, we’re still friends right?” I held my hand out for a handshake.

            “Always!” Junsu hugged me. Now I know who my true friends are.

I was in the cafeteria having lunch with Junsu when Jiyeon came to our table.

            “Hey handsome…come have lunch with me.” she wrapped her arm around mine.

            “Um…Jiyeon ah…can we talk for a while?”I said.

Jiyeon POV

            Um…Jiyeon ah…can we talk for a while?” Taecyeon said. I got up and we went outside. I guess he wanted to make our relationship official…eat your heart Han Yoon Soo, your used to be nerd turned hottie is now mine.

            “So…what is that you wanna talk about?” I asked when I knew what his answer would be like.

            “Um…I think…starting from tomorrow…you don’t have to pick me up for school…”

            “What? Why?” I was shocked when he said that. It’s not the thing I wanna hear.

            “I just think that it’s not necessary…”

            “Did Yoon Soo tell you to do this?” I knew that girl must’ve said something to him.

End of POV

Taecyeon POV

            “Did Yoon Soo tell you to do this?” she said crossing her arms. I could see the anger in her eyes.

            “No…she don’t have anything to do with this…”

            “I highly doubt that…” she scoffed.

            “Don’t drag her into this…I made this decision by myself…the point is…we don’t match…and I think it’s best for us to go our own way after this…”

            “Are you breaking up with me?”

            “Breaking up? Of course not…we don’t have anything going on to begin with…”

            “You can’t do this to me!”

            “Watch me…I gotta go…my real friend is waiting…” I said and left. I heard her screaming and stomping her feet like a little kid but I have no attention to turn back and look.

Junsu looked at me when I got back to our table.

            “What are you looking at?” I said and continued eating my lunch.

            “Where’s Jiyeon?” he asked.

            “Don’t know, don’t care…”

            “You just sounded like Yoon Soo…”

            “I did?”

            “Yeah…she said that when she really don’t want to be bothered…”

            “You really know her that well huh?”

            “Well enough to see that you’re playing a major role in her life right now…” he smiled.

            “What do you mean?”

            “I don’t know whether you’re innocent or plain stupid…”

            “Could you be more specific? “

            “Yoon Soo liked you! Can you see it?”

So, she did liked me! Now I know the feeling is mutual…

 

Another update!

I'm working on the final chapter right now...maybe I'll post it  tomorrow...

Stay tuned!!!

BBYONG!!!