Open Your Eyes

My Kind Of Nerd

 

            “Yoon Soo ah…” I heard Junsu called me. I was walking past his class heading down to the cafeteria.

            “Junsu ya…” I walked into his class and noticed that Taecyeon is not at his seat.

            “He’s gone for lunch with Jiyeon and her entourage…” Junsu said.

            “How do you…” I looked at him.

            “Your eyes immediately went to his seat as soon as you walked in…” he smiled.

            “Did he ditch you too?” I said.

            “Kinda…but hey, he’s among the popular now and I’m not…but I’m cool…”

He even ditches Junsu for that y now. Seems like he’s turning into a different person ever since he starts hanging out with Jiyeon. I can’t let this go on…I need to give him a piece of my mind.

I was in the library returning some books when she saw Jiyeon and her friend came in. I wanted to leave but when she heard one of Jiyeon’s friends mentioned Taecyeon’s name, my feet froze.

            “Tell me…are you and Taecyeon really dating now?” Eunbi asked.

            “Well…you could say that…he totally had fallen head over heels on me…” Jiyeon chuckled.

            “Who wouldn’t like you anyway? The only rival you have in this school is that Yoon Soo from class 1…” Gaeun said.

            “I hate that girl…she irks me…I wonder what guys saw in her…she’s rough like the sandpaper…I mean, let’s face it…I’m prettier, ier and definitely more popular…”

            “Yeah…” Eunbi and Gaeun nodded.

            “But now I have that something she doesn’t…” Jiyeon smirked.

            “What’s that?”

            “Taecyeon…”

            “Who knew the old nerd could turn out to be such a major hottie in a flash huh?” Gaeun looked at Jiyeon.

            “Yeah…”

            “Jiyeon ah…would you date him if he back to his nerdy days? I’m just asking…” Gaeun looked at Jiyeon.

            “Are you kidding me? I wouldn’t be caught dead with him if he’s back to his nerd self. I have an image to take are off…” Jiyeon scoffed.

I was furious with what came out from Jiyeon’s mouth. I feel like steam came out from the both of my ears. It’s a good thing that I was in the library otherwise I would beat her senseless.

            “Oh? Yoon Soo ah? You’re here?” Jiyeon looked at me through the bookshelves. She makes her way and stand in front of me. “I guess you heard what I just said…”

            “You got that damn right! I guess there’s no cure for your shallowness huh? Just like what I thought…”

            “And your point is…” she smiled.

            “You’re lucky that we’re in the library…I would love to brush off that smile on your face with a toilet plunger…”

            “Whatever loser!” she said and walked away. If killing was legal, I’ve buried her seven feet under a long time ago. That girl really knows how to push my anger button.

After school…

The bell rings and I quickly gathered my things and get ready to leave. I have to see Taecyeon today.

            “Yoon Soo ah…you wanna go for some ice cream after this? I’m buying…”

            “I can’t…I have to see someone…”

            “Let me guess…Taecyeon isn’t it?”

            “Yeah…” I nodded. “I’m sorry Nayoung ah…I’ll go with you next time and it will be my treat then…”

            “Okay…I have to call Minki to go with me…”

I went to Taecyeon’s class only to find Jiyeon was already there wrapping her arm around Taecyeon’s waist.

            “Hey Taec…can we talk for a while?” I said trying my best not to slap that standing next to him.

            “Sorry Yoon Soo but he’s taken…”

            “I’m not talking to you…” I looked at Taecyeon. “Can we talk?”

            “Can we do this at home?” Taecyeon said.

            “No…I want to talk to you right now.”

            “Didn’t you hear what he said?” Jiyeon butted in.

            “Could you please shut up before I shove my shoes down your throat?” I glared at Jiyeon. She immediately stood behind Taecyeon acting scared.

            “Taecyeon…I’m scared…” she said with a fake scared face.

            “Yoon Soo ah…what’s gone into you?” Taecyeon looked at me.

            “It’s either you come with me now or I swear to god I will drag your out whether you like it or not…”

Taecyeon POV

            “It’s either you come with me now or I swear to god I will drag your out whether you like it or not…” Yoon Soo said. I know she’s serious by the look in her eyes and the tone of her voice.

             “Um…Jiyeon ah…I gotta go…I’ll call you later ok?” I said.

             “But…” Jiyeon tugged my sleeve.

              “Let’s go…” Yoon Soo pulled my arm before I could say anything further.

End of POV

I dragged Taecyeon out from his class and we went to the gym. I wanted to be alone with him so I could say everything that I wanted without making any big scene.

            “Yoon Soo ya…” I heard he said. “What’s wrong? Why are you acting like this?”

            “You’re asking me that? Have you looked at yourself in the mirror lately? Ever since you started to hang out with that Jiyeon, you practically ditch everyone around you! Junsu…and even me! I don’t know what Jiyeon had done to you but right now you’re acting like a real prick!” I said while walking back and forth trying to suppress my raging anger.

            “What’s your problem with Jiyeon anyway?” he said.

            “I just don’t like the person you turned out to be ever since she invaded your life!”

            “Invaded? You make her sounds like an alien…”

            “If only she’s an alien…that would make my life easier…tell me…why do you think she suddenly interested in you when she used to ignored you completely before huh? Are you that blind?”

            “At least she liked me!”

            “But would she like you when you’re nothing but the school’s biggest nerd?”

            “Nobody likes me when I was a nerd!”

            “Well I did! I did like you! I was in love with the sweet, funny, sensitive, considerate guy underneath all that nerdish look! But now he’s nothing more but a selfish guy who forgets his own friends when popularity got to his head…”

            “Yoon Soo ah…I didn’t…” he held my arm but I jerked it away from him.

            “I even starting to regret giving you that makeover thingy…I wish I could just turn back time when you’re just the new nerd coming to this school…who knew you could turn out like this…”

The tears I was holding so hard rolled down my cheeks.

            “Yoon Soo ah…” he tried to wipe off the tears but I pushed his hands away.

Taecyeon POV

She loved me?

            “That’s it Taecyeon ah...I tried to ignore the fact that you’re drifting away from me and it makes me sad knowing that I’m losing someone important in my life…”

            “Yoon Soo ah…”

            “I just hope that you could see the real friends around you…” she said and left me alone in gym immersed in my own thought.

 

Another chapter coming soon.....

Stay tuned...

BBYONG!!!!