So What If He’s A Nerd?

My Kind Of Nerd

 

Taecyeon POV

I was waiting for Yoon Soo outside of her house when I saw her sister walked out from the gate.

            “Hi…” I said trying to be friendly.

            “Urgh…don’t talk to me nerd…you’re ruining my image…” she said walking towards a bunch of girls at the other side of the road. They said something while looking at me, laughed and walked away.

            “Hey…I’m sorry about my sister…she can be such a sometimes…” Yoon Soo said glaring at her sister.

            “It’s okay…I’m used to it…”

            “So, shall we?”

After a short subway ride, we arrived at school. I saw that Yoon Soo was quite popular here…everyone was saying hi or waved at her.

            “You’re popular…” I said making a space between us.

            “Am I? I didn’t know that…” she came nearer.

            “Everyone knew you…”

            “Maybe just because I’m friendly…you know, like Casper…”she chuckled and it was so cute. I have to resist my urges to pinch those cheeks.

End of POV

I realised that Taecyeon kept walking farther apart from me. Everytime I get closer, he would go apart.

            “Hold on…why are you walking far from me? Do I have some disease or bad odour coming out from me?” I said standing in front of him.

            “No…it’s just that…do you really want to be seen with someone like me? I mean…a nerd like me?”

            “So, you’re human too…nerd or not. I couldn’t care less what others think…” I grabbed his arm and walked to the entrance.

Lunch time…

            “Hey, I have to go and see Mr. Jin…I’ll see you at the cafeteria in 15 minutes…”Nayoung said and left me alone in the class.

I was walking to the cafeteria when I saw Taecyeon being shoved to the wall by a bunch of jocks at the hallway.

            “Watch where you are going nerd!” Siwon, the head of soccer team said nudging Taecyeon’s ribs with his elbow. They keep on howling names but Taecyeon just stood there doing nothing, accepting their abuse.

            “Let’s go guys…leave this wimp…”

Taecyeon POV

I saw the guys coming my way and I kinda expected the things they did to me. Being shove to the wall is like a routine.

            “Hey, are you okay?” Yoon Soo came and helped me picked up my scattered books on the floor.

            “I’m fine…that was nothing compared to my old school…”

            “You should stand up to them…”

            “It’s easier just to ignore them…less commotion…” I looked at her face and she was disappointed. I hate fighting and believe that there’s other solution to problems other than fighting.

            “That’s why people make fun of you…”

            “I don’t care...”

            “You’re going for lunch?” she asked.

            “Yeah…” I nodded.

            “Great…at least I have someone to talk with…let’s go…” she pulled my hands towards the cafeteria.

End of POV

Between class…

            “Yoon Soo ah…I see that you’re quite close with that newbie geek…” Ha Eun said as I was at my locker getting my book for the next class.

            “Well, he’s my neighbour…and I don’t think it’s wrong for me to be close to him…” I looked at her blankly.

            “Aren’t you afraid what it’s gonna do to your reputation? You’re quite popular here if you haven’t notice that…”

            “I don’t see what the big deal are…I can be friends with whoever I want…even with the hobos outside the school…”

            “I’m telling you Yoon Soo ah…that geek will bring nothing good for you…” Ha Eun said and left. Seriously, why did she even tell me those things anyway? It’s not like I’m close to her or anything…and I don’t think that I’m that popular in school. Whatever girl…I’m not listening to you!

I caught Taecyeon walking across the field after school.

            “Ok Taecyeon! Stop!” I yelled his name. He stopped and turned around.

            “Yoon Soo ah…”

            “Yaa! Do you always walk this fast?” I said, panting for oxygen.

            “I guess so…”

            “From now on…walk a little slower and wait for me.”

            “Okay…let me help carry your books…it looks heavy…” he took the books from my hands and we walked together to the subway.

Taecyeon’s POV

The subway was packed with people. Yoon Soo and I were squeezed all the way to the door. She was standing facing me and our bodies were inches apart. I could smell the sweet peach fragrance of her shampoo…

            “We should’ve taken the bus…” she said.

            “Yeah…you should’ve listened to me…”

            “I know, I know…”she pouted. Can’t she be more adorable?

I saw an older guy keep running his eyes over Yoon Soo’s skirt exposing her thigh. He was ogling over her his lips. ert! I shifted my body so I was blocking his view on Yoon Soo. I just hated it when men looking at girls like they some kind of objects.

            “What’s wrong? Leg cramps?” she said looking at me.

            “No…just making some space for you…” I peeked over my shoulder and that guy was hissing with angry look on his face. Serve you right!

End of POV

The ride was long and it feels like we’re trapped in a sardine can. Taecyeon moved his body slightly so I could have more space. That is so sweet of him. The train made a sudden stop and I was lurching backwards but luckily, Taecyeon managed to grab my waist preventing me from hitting the railing behind.

            “Are you okay?” he said.

            “I’m…I’m fine…” I was caught off guard when Taecyeon fast hands landed on my waist.

            “I think we should take the bus home from now on…”

            “Um…yeah…” I couldn’t stop looking at him. What’s happening to me?

 

I don't mind dating a nerd that looked like Taecyeon ~~~~~

Another update....

Don't forget to leave a comment....

Happy reading~

BBYONG!!!!