Someone Between

My Kind Of Nerd

 

I saw Taecyeon came back from his date that night. He looked happy when Jiyeon give him a kiss on his cheek. A pang of jealousy hit my face. Just forget it Yoon Soo ah…you’re just too late…at least he’s happy…my conscience tried to soothe my heart.

Morning…

            “Yoon Soo ah…” the familiar voice greeted me as soon as walked out from the gate.

            “Hey Taec…”

            “Ready to go?” he said carrying my books like he always did.

            “Yup…we better hurry before Yoon Hee comes out…”

We’re a few steps away from the house when a black tinted car stopped next to us. The window opened and it was Jiyeon.

            “Oh…Jiyeon ah…” Taecyeon said.

            “Hey handsome…hop in…” she said winking at him.

            “But…” Taecyeon looked at me.

            “Um…Yoon Soo ah…you don’t mind if Taecyeon ride with me to the school right?”  Jiyeon looked at me with a fake smile. God, I hate that !

            “No…of course not…go on…” I said.

            “Are you sure?” Taecyeon looked at me for assurance.

            “Yeah…go on…I’ll see you at school later ok?” I grabbed my books from his hands and walked away.

Taecyeon POV

I watch from inside the car as it drove by and Yoon Soo walking alone down the street. I felt bad…I should’ve turn down Jiyeon’s offer.

            “Can I ask you something?” Jiyeon said.

            “Sure…”

            “What’s the deal with you and Yoon Soo?” she asked.

            “What do you mean?”

            “Are you dating her or something?”

            “No…we’re just close friends…the first one I met when I moved here…”

End of POV

I was standing at the hallway peeking inside Taecyeon’s class. He was at his seat talking to a bunch of girls. The thought of giving him the usual breakfast sandwich we always buy vanished as I saw one of the girls hand him a small lunch box. His eyes caught mine and I quickly left.

            “Yoon Soo ah…” I heard him calling. I keep on walking until I felt a warm hand on my left shoulder. “Yoon Soo ah…wait up…I need to talk to you…”

            “Oh…Taecyeon ah…sorry I didn’t hear you…zone out for a while…” smooth lie Han Yoon Soo, as if he gonna believe it. I mentally slapped my head.

            “About this morning…I didn’t know Jiyeon gonna pick me up…I’m sorry that you have to walk alone…” he said.

            “It’s okay…” I said trying to hide the wrapped sandwich behind me.

            “Is that Daesoon halmuhni’s sandwich?” he asked.

            “Um…yeah…” I answered with hesitant.

            “Is it for me?” I just nodded. He grabbed it form my hands and smiled. “Great…I couldn’t go one day without this baby…thank you Yoon Soo ah…” he hugged me.

            “No big deal…anyway, I’m late for my morning duties…I’ll talk to you later ok?” I said and sped to my class.

I arrived at my seat with blood rushed to my face and I feel like my heart pounding as if I just finish a 100m dash. What’s wrong with me? A simple hug from him makes me feel like I’m floating over clouds.

            “Yaa Han Yoon Soo!” Nayoung’s voice pulled me back to the ground.

            “Huh? What?”

            “Yaa, I’ve talking to you for ages and you didn’t hear a word I said!”

            “Mianhae Nayoung ah…”

            “Anyway…can I borrow your History notes? I left mine at the locker…”

            “Sure…”

I was on my way to the cafeteria when Taecyeon stopped me at the hallway.

            “Yoon Soo ah…do you want to go to karaoke after school? It’s been a while since us last been to one…”

            “Sure...why not…”

            “Cool…I’ll see you later ok?”

            “Okay…” Great! A chance for us to be alone for a while. I’m looking forward to it.

It’s after school and I saw Taecyeon standing at the gate.

            “Yoon Soo ah…” I just love the way he says my name. “So, can we go now?”

            “Sure…”

Then…

            “Taecyeon ah…wait up…”

I turned around and just as I thought, it was Jiyeon.

            “Oh…Jiyeon ah…” Taecyeon said.

            “Where are you going?”

            “Karaoke downtown…”

            “Karaoke? Can I come? I haven’t been to one before…”

            “Um…” He looked at me. I just shrugged off my shoulder. “Sure…the more the merrier…”

            “Is that okay with you Yoon Soo ah?” Jiyeon said.

            “Sure…whatever…”

            “Great…let’s go…” Jiyeon grabbed Taecyeon’s arm and walked ahead leaving me behind.

Great…just when I thought I would be spending some quality time with Taecyeon and someone would interfere. First, it was Yoon Hee and now Jiyeon. We arrived at the karaoke place and booked a room. I just sat back and watch as Taecyeon and Jiyeon belted out songs after songs together. Feeling bored I managed to sneak out without either of them noticed.

Taecyeon POV

I was done singing my seventh song duet with Jiyeon when I looked around and Yoon Soo wasn’t here.

            “Jiyeon ah…I’m going out for a while ok?” I said heading to the door.

            “Hurry back…”

I ran outside and saw Yoon Soo walked down the street towards the bus station.

            “Yoon Soo ya, wait up!” I said grabbing her arm. She turned around looking at me. “What are you doing here?”

            “Since that you and Jiyeon are having so much fun together…I guess I better leave the two of you alone…wouldn’t want to be a wallflower would I?” she said turning away from me. “Look, just go back inside before Jiyeon freaked out and go frantic…”

            “But…” I couldn’t say anything when she cut my words.

            “Let’s talk later okay? My bus is here…” she ran towards the bus stop.

            “Han Yoon Soo!” I called her name but she just walked away. I went back to the karaoke room and Jiyeon was still singing her heart out.

            “Yaa, where have you been?” she asked.

            “Outside…”

            “Come, let sing another song!” she pulled my hands.

End of POV

 

Another update!

Happy reading and don't forget to leave a comment!

BBYONG!!!