Stand Up For Yourself

My Kind Of Nerd

 

           “Yoon Soo ah…can I ask you something?” Nayoung said as we’re in the locker room together after PE class.

            “Sure…”

            “I’m your best friend right?” she looked at me.

            “Yeah…and it will stay that way forever…”

            “You will not hide any secrets from me right?”

            “Nayoung ah…you know I don’t like beating around the bush…why don’t you tell me what’s going on?” I heard her let out along sigh.

            “Are you dating Taecyeon right now?”

            “Where was that come from?”I almost choked on my own spit hearing she said that.

            “The whole school is talking about it… “

            “If was dating him you’re the first one to know about it don’t you think?”

            “So, you’re not dating him?”

            “Of course not…but…that’s not such a bad idea though…” I smiled. Nayoung’s jaw almost dropped to the floor.

            “Like seriously?”

            “Yeah…he’s nice, funny…why? You don’t like it if I date him?”

            “No…I’d be happy for you…so, you gonna ask him out?”

            “Are you crazy? I don’t even know if he liked me or not…I think we better stay off as friends first…”

            “If you say so…”

            “I gotta go now…Taecyeon is giving me a free Math tutoring at the library…I’ll see you at lunch?”

            “Sure…”

I finished getting dressed in my uniform and left the locker room. I saw Taecyeon leaning against the wall at the end of the hallway. I was a few metres away from him when Siwon and his best friend and equally annoying like him Hyuk Jae once again, surrounding Taecyeon. He dragged Taecyeon towards the staircase leading to the rooftop. I followed them from behind.

They pushed him towards the wall on the rooftop and Taecyeon almost stumbled down on the floor when he accidentally hit an old desk there. Please do something today and not just stood like a piece of wood.

Taecyeon POV

I was waiting for Yoon Soo for our tutor time when Siwon decided to pull over and stop.

            “We meet again, nerd boy…” he said circling around me like a vultures seeing a dead prey at the Serengeti.

He dragged me to the rooftop and once we got there, he pushed me forward and my leg accidentally hit the edge of an old desk. That gonna leave a bruise for sure.

            “What do you want Siwon?”

            “Nothing…I just like harassing you that’s all…”

            “What did I ever done to you anyway? I was never on your way, I avoided you as much as I can…and I certainly don’t mess with anything with your name on it…”

            “Well, well…look what we have here…the thrash is already talking back to me…”

            “Siwon ah…I think someone needs a good beating right now…” Hyuk Jae said pushing my shoulder.

            “Yeah…he should’ve been beat his sense out from the first day he got here…”

            “Whatever dude, I’m leaving!”

I’m about to walked away, Siwon pushed me to the wall.

            “Not so fast…”

            “Look, I don’t want any problem ok?” I said while trying to remember the defence moves taught by Sung Hoon samchun.

            “Too late…”

Siwon swing his hand at me but I successfully grab it and twisting the wrist slightly just like Sung Hoon samchun taught me. He yelped in pain.

            “You!” he tried to swing his other hand but I caught it too and do the same. I realised that I was a few inches taller than he was so I had the bigger advantage.

            “Look Siwon…I really don’t want to do this but you forced me…” I twisted his arm behind him and he kneeled down. I kicked his and he fell on the floor face first.

Hyuk Jae saw his friend in pain and tried to help him. He leaped towards me but I avoid him and unfortunately, he banged his head on the wall.

            “I don’t know why you guys doing this but I suggest you just stop it…it doesn’t make you any better if you go around and bully people…later.” I said and left. I just hope they will leave me alone next time. I had to thank Sung Hoon samchun for teaching me.

End of POV

I saw the whole scene between Taecyeon and Siwon with Hyuk Jae. I couldn’t believe that he actually stand up against them for the first time. I could see the hard work of practise at Sung Hoon samchun’s gym after school for the last couple of weeks actually paid off.

Taecyeon walked out from the door and he was surprised to see me there.

            “Yoon Soo ah…what are…”

Before he could finish, I leaped on him and hugged him tightly.

            “I’m so proud of you Taecyeon ah!” I kissed his cheek.

Taecyeon POV

Everything is a blur to me…first, I was in a fight with Siwon and Hyuk Jae…then I walked out the door and saw Yoon Soo there…next thing I know she hugged and kissed my cheek. I could feel my ears going red right now.

            “Um…I’m sorry…” she broke the hug. “Sometimes I got too excited and I don’t realise what I was doing…” she said.

            “Um…it’s okay…” I rubbed my cheek.

            “I’m so proud of you…finally…you stood up against those guys…”

            “I just hope that they don’t bother me anymore…”

            “I’m sure they won’t…”

I saw her eyes gleaming with excitement.

            “So, shall we go for our Math tutoring session? I have a quiz tomorrow and I really need your help…” she said.

            “Sure…it’s the least I could do after what you’ve done…”

 

Short update...I know....it will get better, I promise...

Enjoy reading people and keep those comments coming in....

BBYONG!!!